What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This. It's just okay.

1415406706702.jpg

mattmmille's Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale. very Scottish, nicely Pumpkin. great mouth feel. aroma is almost like pumpkin pie and a fresh pretzel. it's very Scottish Ale making for more than a sturdy backbone, body, and face for the spice to play with. I am honestly impressed. thank you for sharing this with me Matt!

A dark and stormy then heading out for dinner and some beers at Indie Alehouse here in Toronto

1st bottle of my Rye'd the Pine amber rye ale. The carbonation is still a little thin, needs another week or so in the bottle.

1415407109682.jpg

As I am preparing to re-take the BJCP tasting exam in the coming weeks, I am going through and refreshing my memory on some styles I have been neglecting recently.

Forgot to take a pic of my first beer, which was a Victory Prima Pils. Fantastic German Pilsner, easily 45+ in my opinion.
Second one to be posted shortly.

Sierra Nevada Porter...good. i don't know enough to say if it's great, but it's definitely good. I had one of my hb robust porters last night. The SN Porter definitely has more body. I think mine will carb more over a couple more weeks, so I won't consider that. Mine is a higher ABV, being a robust. I think the flavor on mine is comparatively okay, but probably not quite as good. Definitely enjoyed the SN Porter...balanced and very drinkable.

DSC06264.jpg

Dang...who died and left you THAT stash?! Nice!

I'm finally done with taxi duty...going to get a Sierra Nevada Porter and see how my robust porter compares.

It's just some guy that brought them in.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415413497.606337.jpg

I'm now onto this.

Back