What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon Coff while making another saison recipe for this weekend.

My initial thought is simply.... Yes.

I have been doing a lot of research on in kettle elements and think if you keep your batch size down to 5-7 gallons, 120v would even work just fine. The only thing holding me up is deciding if I can live with small batches forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There's an idea. Hmm, when we buy a house I have no problem paying an electrician to run the wiring. For now I can live with 5-7 gallons. Hell living in Florida, brewing inside sounds pretty cool. Pun intended.

There's an idea. Hmm, when we buy a house I have no problem paying an electrician to run the wiring. For now I can live with 5-7 gallons. Hell living in Florida, brewing inside sounds pretty cool. Pun intended.

There are a million and one threads about building your own. If you are not that ambitious blichmann and some others will make it really easy for about $150 on a plug into a wall outlet element. If you do outgrow it, I suppose that unit would make a perfectly good hlt, or herms heater on a bigger system.

Fresh cup of coffee to boost the caffeine a bit. Need to tidy up the van and then head to the NC State Fair. Need to see if I managed to win anything for my crab apple jelly, wild muscadine grape jelly, or peach salsa. And then, I guess I'm joining my eldest daughter and my son (27 and 10) at the Vanilla Ice concert. They both know "Ice, Ice Baby" word for word. *sigh* At least it will be fun to watch the two of them having some time together! I should get some good fried things on sticks out of it, anyway.

Ended up sitting next to the Duvel/ommegang/Boulevard rep. Interesting conversation about the Boulevard buyout. He came from Boulevard and it sounds like it's working out for everyone so far.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413487133.997756.jpg

If swmbo doesn't take it this bad boy is a dumper.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413488495.331285.jpg

This is awful. If you come in contact with this beer, do not try it... just ship it to me for disposal. I will return the washed bomber.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413490438.148672.jpg

On any other day this would be a great beer but it is nothing compared to that swill you are all now boxing up to send to Indiana so that I can save you from it.

Ended up sitting next to the Duvel/ommegang/Boulevard rep. Interesting conversation about the Boulevard buyout. He came from Boulevard and it sounds like it's working out for everyone so far.

Now that would make for some interesting conversation. Happy Birthday man!!

BTW you floccers, I won by 3 strokes. :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413494387.076807.jpg

Still good... Not to detract you all from the real message of the evening. Let me save you from majsgoop! I am willing and strong enough to handle it.

Felt like I needed to have one after a great day.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413494606.448411.jpg

Thanks, HW.

Preflight birthday beer (Boulevard Double Wit) and one to go. Glad I stopped in, now I just have to find room for it in my dang suitcase.
View attachment 229782
Happy Birthday!
View attachment 229784

Why is this the first time I have had this beer. I am gonna have to get advice from dar or bk on how long to cellar the other three bottles.... Or I will just drink them all today.

Drink them all, buy more, drink another 4 and put 4 in the cellar:D
happy B-Day, BGBC! it's our oldest son's today too!
Happy Birthday to yours too!

Saison, **** to do.

I saw the recipe for that in Zymurgy and was thinking of giving it a go.
Not that good, eh?

About to drink something, but still deciding.

After having some more I appreciated it for what it was. I was expecting a barrel aged Porter, it was more like a tart, old ale. The flavors grew on me.

Back