What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412903675.901198.jpg
Watching Top Chef Duels and drinking my Hibiscus Saison

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The next time someone types the word "petite" in their post, I'm going to hire BK to hunt you down and punch you in your petite berries!
Sorry, that must be the lack of beer this week talking. ;)

Houston's football team is looking petite tonight. ;)

It's stout weather out there folks
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412903762.956920.jpg

welcome to the wrong side of the tracks, my friend.

****, I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, but I've never been here as a craft beer connoisseur.

Houston's football team is looking petite tonight. ;)

You got that right. The only reason I'm happy is because I have Luck and Allen on my fantasy team.

Having another Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager.

The Malt Liquor I'm brewing on Saturday I'm targeting 6.5-7%. So....nope.

Your doing it wrong then. The malt liquor I grew up drinking tasted like it was 15% ABV or whatever rubbing alcohol is mixed with malt and barley. Ah thunderbird and colt .45 thank God we have grown so far apart from each other.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412904839.643178.jpg
To stay on topic. I don't touch it unless it rings in at least above 7%. #AmericaDoeverythingbig

Still working on this Quad. Really blossoms as it warms, but still needs another year or two to mellow.

I read that as "It takes me two hours to drink a pour because I can't handle the ABV."

Smacked!

Your doing it wrong then. The malt liquor I grew up drinking tasted like it was 15% ABV or whatever rubbing alcohol is mixed with malt and barley. Ah thunderbird and colt .45 thank God we have grown so far apart from each other.
View attachment 228533
To stay on topic. I don't touch it unless it rings in at least above 7%. #AmericaDoeverythingbig

when I was in high school (all 2 years), it was King Cobras in the park.

Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon

I bought the bottle to top off my carboy of Grand Cru International Australian Cabernet Sauvignon after the degassing step. After topping off there was about a glass left.

I'm not a big wine guy but I am enjoying this. I hope my kit wine is at least comparable in quality by the time I get around to trying a bottle (at least 6 months).

Back in my hotel to get hammered while I finish watching the Texans lose (probably). I took this pic before I decided to use the classy hotel provided glassware. It's an average IPA. Nothing special, but drinkable.

1412908051066.jpg

Back in my hotel to get hammered while I finish watching the Texans lose (probably). I took this pic before I decided to use the classy hotel provided glassware. It's an average IPA. Nothing special, but drinkable.

This fancy hotel glassware?

1412908579348.jpg

Worst beer they make IMHO (that I've had at least). Which is saying a lot. There's a reason that they'ved killed the medium brewery category the last few years at GABF. Damned fine brewery.

Drinking water and going to bed. Not quite smacked, but close enough for a weeknight.

Not so fast, it's a game again. Prob due to the texans' coach having such a strong name :D

Opening this 13.7% ABV beer was a bad idea after two other double digit beers...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412909005.929330.jpg

This fancy hotel glassware?

Close. Same shape, but mine is opaque (pictured below) and mine looks smaller. We should do a comparison of beer drinking pros and cons of various hotel glasses.

Not so fast, it's a game again. Prob due to the texans' coach having such a strong name :D

Opening this 13.7% ABV beer was a bad idea after two other double digit beers...
View attachment 228560

Yeah, I saw. But every time Houston scores, Indianapolis answers, so we'll see what happens.

Is that the Real Ale? Taste like DFH Midas touch to me.

No, it's Devil's Backbone. I've never had Real Ale's Vienna Lager.

Back