What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a petite 6.9% ipa from nebraska

Good to have a week off to get the petite offence going again.
Drinking a Red out of this.

1412909615997.jpg

So the wife's car battery was dead this morning, good thing we bought a booster/jumper pack 6 months ago.. jumped it for her and went to costco later in the morning to get her a new battery... Perusing the beer section and they had rogue growlers full of dead guy ale for $12.. was very tempted.

Happened instead on a 'cannundrum' mixed 12 pack of oskar blues-- have always wanted to try their beers. Tried one of each, the dale's pale ale was delicious but the old chub is my fav. Really good.

20141009_194740.jpg

60 Minute IPA that my brother sent me from Massachusetts. It sat outside on the porch over night, at 18 degrees, but did not freeze! (The one day I do not check for the package, it comes.) Tasty.

Close. Same shape, but mine is opaque (pictured below) and mine looks smaller. We should do a comparison of beer drinking pros and cons of various hotel glasses.

Yeah, I saw. But every time Houston scores, Indianapolis answers, so we'll see what happens.

No, it's Devil's Backbone. I've never had Real Ale's Vienna Lager.
-------------------------------------
https://realalebrewing.com/beers/backbone

Sorry, not focused...no lager here.

Drinking these faster than I would normally prefer. For $139 a night you'd think they'd give you a ****in' fridge. God damn cheapskates.

The more a hotel costs, the less free stuff you get. $50 a night gets you free wifi and breakfast. $200 a night gets you an additional charge for wifi, a charge to park your car, they have an overpriced restaurant by the lobby for breakfast and if there os a fridge it's already stocked with stuff that costs you money of you so much as move it.

The more a hotel costs, the less free stuff you get. $50 a night gets you free wifi and breakfast. $200 a night gets you an additional charge for wifi, a charge to park your car, they have an overpriced restaurant by the lobby for breakfast and if there os a fridge it's already stocked with stuff that costs you money of you so much as move it.

That anit no sh*t! We try and stay at doubletree when ever possible. At least you get a awesome cookie with your stay.

Latest batch of my mild. Damn tasty, just a couple tweaks and it'll be spot on.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412912653.782833.jpg

Since i back sweetened in the bottle it's dead on with the Rubaeus, the recipe on brew toad needs more malt backbone and a high temp mash. I will get it right next time,the recipe was around $45, so I won't make it again for another month, but 2.0 will be much better. I made a 5 gallon batch, which is quite a bit for a fruit beer like that but it was well worth it.

Since i back sweetened in the bottle it's dead on with the Rubaeus, the recipe on brew toad needs more malt backbone and a high temp mash. I will get it right next time,the recipe was around $45, so I won't make it again for another month, but 2.0 will be much better. I made a 5 gallon batch, which is quite a bit for a fruit beer like that but it was well worth it.

Thats not too bad . U would like to see your modified recipe after your second shot at it. Its definitely a crowd pleaser beer and great gifting beer. ;-)

Back