What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Line at NEBCO for Zapata Bot (Gandhi Bot aged in Tequila barrels).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412884921.260853.jpg

I cannot stress how ****ing stupid it is for people to form a line at midday for beer.

Disclaimer: Not my picture. I wouldn't be caught dead in a line that long for beer.

When NEBCO opened on Saturday, I was 6th in line and by the time I got out of there with my beer, it was roughly 30 minutes later. I can't imagine the wait from where whoever took this picture is standing and the line wrapping-around inside. Yikes. There was a guy with a 2-year old in a stroller, too. And he was way in the back of the line - I'm guessing he waited at least 1 hour for beer. And it was pouring rain! Idiots.

Water.

View attachment 228445

I cannot stress how ****ing stupid it is for people to form a line at midday for beer.

Disclaimer: Not my picture. I wouldn't be caught dead in a line that long for beer.

Water.

At first i thought you were there. I think it is stupid for mid day and period. These people even work?

View attachment 228445

Water.

Amazing. I think as homebrewers we get a much more reasonable view of beer. Some people just go off the deep end. I have an all world beer tap release party every week and no lines! Beer groupies you are!

At first i thought you were there. I think it is stupid for mid day and period. These people even work?

You should know me by now, DC. I wouldn't be caught dead there.

The guy in the white dress shirt is obviously not going to make it back to work. :rockin:

Maybe I'm just mad today. I need another beer to calm me down. :D :D

I'll line up for Zwanze Day, and that's really about it. Oh, and I lined up for Westvleteren 12. And that's really it.

Double pour of my Best Bitter, bottle conditioned portion (pins are all kicked).

I see Stone will be building in Richmond, VA - so much for hanging out at their brewery. As long as it means Enjoy By will be more readily available around here, I don't really care where they build. ;)

I see Stone will be building in Richmond, VA - so much for hanging out at their brewery. As long as it means Enjoy By will be more readily available around here, I don't really care where they build. ;)

It's been the talk of the town all day. Hell, any of their beers fresher than we normally get them will be a welcome change.

Although it'll be close enough to me that a day trip to tour is perfectly reasonable.

Still working on the Best Bitter.

Also, wasn't my dog, but RIP Loukanikos.

You should know me by now, DC. I wouldn't be caught dead there.

The guy in the white dress shirt is obviously not going to make it back to work. :rockin:

Maybe I'm just mad today. I need another beer to calm me down. :D :D

Yea i should of known. I'll never leave work just to wait for a beer. Maybe I wont even get anything.

RIP

Back to my old self again. Slightly Stoopid pour #1.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412887729.921630.jpg

That one went quick.

Pour #2. With this little guy.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412887762.432240.jpg

Better pic.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412887777.245788.jpg

That's what I always say to my wife. Don't these people have jobs?!? It's ridiculous around here when a liquor store or grocery store beer dept tweets out that a special release beer is now available. It's midday during normal business hours and the beer sells out within an hour. Are there that many people who can stalk twitter all day long and drop what they're doing at work to go buy beer at a second's notice? Just crazy.

I have great job flexibility and can leave work for **** like that if I wanted to. That's not the point. I hate standing in any line with retards.

Tiger Uppercut pour #1

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412890960.911871.jpg

Coronado has some good stuff (I've been there a few times and get their beer here in CT). However, their bombers are stupid-overpriced here.

After a day of bottling, working out, practicing piano, pool cleaning/and float, nap, another workout, and awaiting a good game, its time to empty this keg for the highly anticipated sweet stout by having a Red with one of my best buds...

1412893361753.jpg

Kern River Citra Double IPA clone from CYBI (beer smith recipe). Second go round, turns out friggin' awesome! Will keep this in the rotation as long as citra is available.

Taco

OEC Albus. I'm definitely a homer.

Bacteria bomb. Perfection.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412894941.161201.jpg

First bottle of my petite saison. Not bad but its needs something to add dimension.
View attachment 228480

5.7% is hardly Petite :p

Drinking this while waiting for the Caps/Habs season opener. Let's Go Caps! Or at least, let's do better than last season! :mug:

See? It's not all English with me...

Attachments

• 20141009_185010[1].jpg
    20141009_185010[1].jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 61
5.7% is hardly Petite :p

Drinking this while waiting for the Caps/Habs season opener. Let's Go Caps! Or at least, let's do better than last season! :mug:

See? It's not all English with me...

You moved to the perfect city for choke artists (Caps, Wiz, Nats, Obama, etc.). Congrats.

Another pour. Can't get enough of this lacto ****.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412896070.210098.jpg

You moved to the perfect city for choke artists (Caps, Wiz, Nats, Obama, etc.). Congrats.

View attachment 228486

Zero disagreement from there. I don't pay attention to the anyone outside of the Caps and DC United, but I do know the rest are just terrible, and whenever they do perform well they inevitably blow it quickly in the post season (surprised the Giants didn't sweep the Nats in true DC Chokefest fashion). Hopefully DC United breaks it this season and redeem themselves fully from last season.

Lunch = the most overrated beer from MBC.

I could agree with that. I didn't think dinner held up to the hype either though. I found Zoe and king Titus to be some of the best examples of their styles out there.

Water.... With a little bourbon in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Zero disagreement from there. I don't pay attention to the anyone outside of the Caps and DC United, but I do know the rest are just terrible, and whenever they do perform well they inevitably blow it quickly in the post season (surprised the Giants didn't sweep the Nats in true DC Chokefest fashion). Hopefully DC United breaks it this season and redeem themselves fully from last season.

Love it. :D

Another Albus. God damn. This is beer perfection. Witbier with lacto.

I'm getting more tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412896802.605285.jpg

Back