What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a 21A Bitter American. Water now. Damn cold's been lingering since last Friday...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412826386.245857.jpg

My friend stopped by to drop this of and pick up some of my homebrew

XOCOVEZA collaboration with this brewery from tj insurgente ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412832564.419444.jpg

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

Drinking water at work but thinking about sour beers.

Has anyone split a mash and done a clean beer and a sour from the same grain bill? I'm thinking I'll have to do two separate boils due to hopping schedules, but not sure. I'm leaning towards maybe a blonde or a Tripel as the base? Or maybe a stout a la Tart of Darkness?

Has anyone split a mash and done a clean beer and a sour from the same grain bill? I'm thinking I'll have to do two separate boils due to hopping schedules, but not sure. I'm leaning towards maybe a blonde or a Tripel as the base? Or maybe a stout a la Tart of Darkness?

I bet a tripel or saison would work as long as you keep the ibus down around 20-25. Sours are all ive been thinking about since sampling my "lambic". Ill hopefully get another one brewed up this month, if not two. :D

Edit, i think the biggest thing to consider is mashing temps. Most people suggest mashing high 156-158 for sours to keep food for the bugs. For a saison or tripel i probably wouldnt mash over 152.

And if you do go stout route, make sure to use debittered or dehusk roasted malts.

You can do that route if you want. You going to add bugs, sour mash, etc.? Should be fine to split a batch before boiling.

And if you do go stout route, make sure to use debittered or dehusk roasted malts.

I didnt do that and it turned out great. Just have to consider it in the recipe but you do not need much for the color/little roast.

Water while driving to Nashville. Well, sitting still right now because the state of Pennsylvania saw fit to close one lane on a two lane highway in the middle of the day.

Water while driving to Nashville. Well, sitting still right now because the state of Pennsylvania saw fit to close one lane on a two lane highway in the middle of the day.

Any place, any time and any reason. On my drive home from Trenton on Tuesdays, I go through four different construction zones/lane closures in the 40 highway miles I drive. It is annoying to say the least!! I hope you make it through soon enough!

Water after making a starter. I thought I dropped the WL cap in accidentally, and I started freaking, but realized it was just a yeast hard pack. Whew.

Where's mewithstewpid? Probably standing in a long-ass line at NEBCO for some Zapata Bot. :D

I'm staying away from that place.

Water after a monstrous leg day. Picked-up some Sea Hag as it came through the door of my beer store. Can't get any better than a fresh IPA for $9/6-pack.

That's right

Did you ever hear from that guy that used to post here that stiffed you on the cigar trade? Can't remember his name ATM

Hopnista? No. But I know where he lives. :D I had sent him a large box of home brew for cigars. Never heard back.

Where's mewithstewpid? Probably standing in a long-ass line at NEBCO for some Zapata Bot. :D

I'm staying away from that place.

Water after a monstrous leg day. Picked-up some Sea Hag as it came through the door of my beer store. Can't get any better than a fresh IPA for $9/6-pack.

Winning!

Still hydrating. It's gonna be so hard to keep my hands off of that black IPA until next week.

Gonna call the cable company and find out how much it will be to put a cable box on the porch where I brew.

Natty peanut butter, granola, vanilla frozen yogurt, ice, scoop of choc pb protein, water, and 2 Hershey kisses because I'm beat after working out. YumImageUploadedByHome Brew1412880467.230692.jpg

Just had three different sours with the head brewery of my homer (town) brewery. They do nothing but sours.

Also came home with a few bottles of stuff and another growler fill. I never leave that place empty-handed. ****.

Back