What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've been here, thought GOSE was some northeast brewery. Finally looked it up and see a specialty type beer. That explains the flavors i detected in your gose BGBC.

Hah, sorry, I guess I should have explained that a bit better. I could see that being a bit odd if you didn't know what you were getting into...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411435046.244988.jpg
Forgot to take a pic of my 60 min IPA. Just imagine this glass full of beer.

Alex, my parents just returned from a trip to England. Stayed with friends who live in Hazel Grove.

They loved the beer and came back to tell me all about cask ale. :)

ALL American sports might as well be your daughter's tea party compared to rugby.

Speaking of daughters when my baby was like 7 years old she randomly says to me " Daddy I hate the British" i thought O-M-G! I have to be more mindful of allowing my children to hear what my very French cajun family is saying they are still bitter towards the British after all these years kind of like southern people who are still upset about losing the war against the north. That's a true story.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So, apparently I know a friend of the owner of this brewery, but I haven't spoken to said friend about it yet. This one's OK, but I'm not really picking up any pumpkin or fall flavors as the label describes. It's a decent Scotch ale base, though, so I can't complain about that. Wish I had better things to say about their beer. First one I tried was way overcarbed. Maybe I'll take a trip up there soon and get a representative sample of the beer, straight from the source.

_DSC3496.jpg

Well, my interest has been sparked.

Real Ale has their 18th Anniversary gose out in cans now and you can also find Boulevard's Hibiscus gose in Austin. Wasn't a bit fan of the lime in Real Ale's and still have to try Boulevard's.

Pretty simple beer to brew too. Good, quick entry-level sour beer.

To each their own. I think most American beers taste the same. It's a little better with some of the new hops out there, but it's all got the same hop character and it's boring to me, and often way too over the top. I'm with you on the funk though.

I enjoy playing American football. Can't stand watching it. Watching the Caps/Flyers play, my wife just commented "is this still on?". And it just shows the difference. It takes less time to air a 90 minute football (soccer) match than it does to air a 60 minute hockey game. And American football is even worse. And it's all stoppage of play and commercials. When you realize there's only a handful of substitutions for a team the whole time, over 90 minutes, with little to no rest, lots of back and forth, a hell of a lot of running and a slight degree of contact, it's an exhausting sport. As opposed to the constant breaks and line changes of American football, or of baseball, the constant line changes in hockey. Only thing that really compares is basketball. And that's a much smaller (as in orders of magnitude) playing field.

At the end of the day, to each their own.

But any sports fan is a pansy until they've actually played rugby. I shed enough blood playing as a kid that I've payed my dues. Don't really follow it any more (let alone still play it), but you can call football a sissy sport all you want, ALL American sports might as well be your daughter's tea party compared to rugby.

Still working on the Best Bitter.

Ok, first in Texas it's high school football, college football, NFL football, guns, God and then whatever else family..golf.

Second, not all American beer taste the same. Maybe all northwest beers..aka cascade, but had plenty of different flavored beer.

Soccer is 60min of boredom and 10sec of excitement. Football and even golf has that beat.

Next who the heck understands rugby??

Real Ale has their 18th Anniversary gose out in cans now and you can also find Boulevard's Hibiscus gose in Austin. Wasn't a bit fan of the lime in Real Ale's and still have to try Boulevard's.

Pretty simple beer to brew too. Good, quick entry-level sour beer.

Thanks man! Will look out for it.

Ok, first in Texas it's high school football, college football, NFL football, guns, God and then whatever else family..golf.

Second, not all American beer taste the same. Maybe all northwest beers..aka cascade, but had plenty of different flavored beer.

Soccer is 60min of boredom and 10sec of excitement. Football and even golf has that beat.

Golf is another world entirely. Hit a ball with a stick and chase it. One person fetch.

Football is 90 minutes of strategy and exertion. American football is 20 seconds of huddled mass followed by 5 seconds of a ref saying how they somehow gained or lost some yardage followed by 2 minutes of commercials.

Rubgy is pretty straightforward. Cricket is the crazy one. I never understood it. Don't think I ever will.

And ok, not all American beer tastes the same, you're right. There's pale overhopped mess, amber overhopped mess, brown overhopped mess, and black overhopped mess. The more imperial and overhopped, the better :mug:

Businesses shut down here so families can watch the Buckeyes game on saturday. The high school football games are standing room only and soccer is a pay to play sport that has a tough time fielding a team. God bless America. I have the same complaint about British beer, it all tastes the same and unlike American breweries not one bit of innovation in centuries. We do everything better here.

Golf is another world entirely. Hit a ball with a stick and chase it. One person fetch.

Football is 90 minutes of strategy and exertion. American football is 20 seconds of huddled mass followed by 5 seconds of a ref saying how they somehow gained or lost some yardage followed by 2 minutes of commercials.

Rubgy is pretty straightforward. Cricket is the crazy one. I never understood it. Don't think I ever will.

And ok, not all American beer tastes the same, you're right. There's pale overhopped mess, amber overhopped mess, brown overhopped mess, and black overhopped mess. The more imperial and overhopped, the better :mug:

Don't forget the "What The F*** beer?".

And, when one hits the ball in the woods...aka, a pianoman drive, it's a 4 person fetch. Good way to involve your buddies! This Wednesday morning should be a good example.

Businesses shut down here so families can watch the Buckeyes game on saturday. The high school football games are standing room only and soccer is a pay to play sport that has a tough time fielding a team. God bless America. I have the same complaint about British beer, it all tastes the same and unlike American breweries not one bit of innovation in centuries. We do everything better here.

Go Big Red! Need Big Ten to represent.

I know the history of the IPA is English but we just do it so much better here. Much Like football we took something boring and made it awesome.

Best post ever on HBT. Love it!

Water after some exercise.

Another darn water.

"Cold-crashing" my Belgian IPA outside the back of the house. Hope a raccoon/deer/snake/bear doesn't like beer. Hope it's there in the morning. If it is, it'll go in my big freezer for 5-6 hours before I bottle.

I dry-hopped the **** out of that thing. The British wouldn't understand. :D

Well, there's always beer flavored lollipops, if the real stuff is too strong for you. 😉

I do love me some American football, but I agree that the guys playing Rugby are hardcore despite me not knowing what the hell they are doing other than beating the crap out of each other without any pads. Mixed martial arts hold my attention the most as long as the fighters aren't just locked up in some kind of creepy hold the majority of the time.

On topic, had a few pints of my super chocolatey Porter with a cigar earlier and now some rum and coke before bed.

I am on the rugby side of the fence. Fractured my neck in a collapsed scrum in an England school boys practice match.
Coffee before teaching afternoon classes,then home to bottle sour saison

Hop Soda. Breakfast then heading to mid Michigan to see the in-laws , the good thing about that is hitting one of my fave breweries on the way home. Its also Taco Tuesday at said brewery! :ban:

Hop Soda. Breakfast then heading to mid Michigan to see the in-laws , the good thing about that is hitting one of my fave breweries on the way home. Its also Taco Tuesday at said brewery! :ban:

Which brewery? I want to do a Michigan brewery vacation and hit New Holland, Bells and Founders.
I'm at work since 5am drinking my 3rd cup of crappy work coffee.

I am on the rugby side of the fence. Fractured my neck in a collapsed scrum in an England school boys practice match.
Coffee before teaching afternoon classes,then home to bottle sour saison

Same, I played a bit in college. With all this talk about it I kind of wish I still played, but I am not sure my body would agree.

Coffee. While trying to figure out what kind of beer to bring to dinner tonight.

Which brewery? I want to do a Michigan brewery vacation and hit New Holland, Bells and Founders.
I'm at work since 5am drinking my 3rd cup of crappy work coffee.

Don't forget that such a trip would put you within a two hour drive of three Floyd's.

Vending machine coffee.

Back