What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to do it after your suggestion. That glass never sees action, so I might as well put it to use for something.

I think about your mom while I'm vorlaufing. :p

Wishing the app had a "like" button for this post while drinking rice wine. :cool:

At wichita falls. Why is this a twist off?!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411422737.817591.jpg

Opening another mosaic. My husband is in Grand Rapids right now and I'm trying to talk him into stopping at founders for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411424387.929477.jpg
My Rye IPA is finally carbonated. I've brewed this beer more than any other I love it. I have to work 5a-6p tomorrow so need to quit soon.

Opening another mosaic. My husband is in Grand Rapids right now and I'm trying to talk him into stopping at founders for me.

I haven't seen that around here I may have to get to Michigan soon to find it.

Hydro sample of my India red ale. Score dry hopping with simcoe, cascade and Amarillo. It's good! I think I can brew beer!

Madtree Psychopathy. I remember I didn't think this was anything special the first time I had it, but this can is only a couple weeks old from the brewery and pretty awesome.

1411424997619.jpg

Mondays are rough, even more so since I'm on my way to my grandmothers funeral. Please pray for those families who are currently battling ALS. I hope all of you never have to experience that disease. Beers to follow this afternoon.

My condolences Ryan. I've heard large quantities of beer are helpful.

I brew with a scientific mindset. He makes it pretty clear from the start that he doesn't share that mindset. Gets on my nerves, badly.

to be fair until fairly recently there was no brewing science and people still brewed good beer. Full disclosure I am a nerd and spend some part of everyday on PubMed.gov just playing devil's advocate.

I haven't seen that around here I may have to get to Michigan soon to find it.

You need to. It's good. Let me know if you want some if you don't plan on coming up soon.

I am home with three kids and my husband is now texting me pictures from founders taproom. I don't know whether to be pissed or glad. *I'm* the craft beer nut, not him, and I've never been there.

Mondays are rough, even more so since I'm on my way to my grandmothers funeral. Please pray for those families who are currently battling ALS. I hope all of you never have to experience that disease. Beers to follow this afternoon.

I'm so sorry.

You need to. It's good. Let me know if you want some if you don't plan on coming up soon.

I am home with three kids and my husband is now texting me pictures from founders taproom. I don't know whether to be pissed or glad. *I'm* the craft beer nut, not him, and I've never been there.

If he doesn't come home with beer from founders for you then you need to punish him as only you can. My wife is an expert on the method. Thanks for the offer I live 30 minutes south of Michigan and about a 30 minutes east of Indiana borders so i will get there this weekend.

Hahahaha...

The "fancy" would likely erroneously refer to me as chav scum or the like.

to be fair until fairly recently there was no brewing science and people still brewed good beer. Full disclosure I am a nerd and spend some part of everyday on PubMed.gov just playing devil's advocate.

If by recently you refer to the total history of brewing, sure. However I'd bet my life that quality has improved exponentially since the advent of beer science, and that the best of beers from 1000 years would be nearly if not totally undrinkable by modern standards.

But this book was written long after, pays lip service to science, then bastardizes it, then tells to disregard the science and trust instinct. Rubbish.

Another oaked red rye. Feeling quite good. And I'm toasting to a personal best on my bench press. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411427147.662406.jpg

Hahahaha...

If by recently you refer to the total history of brewing, sure. However I'd bet my life that quality has improved exponentially since the advent of beer science, and that the best of beers from 1000 years would be nearly if not totally undrinkable by modern standards.

But this book was written long after, pays lip service to science, then bastardizes it, then tells to disregard the science and trust instinct. Rubbish.

Yeah I meant all of brewing history. I had a couple "historic" brews based on recipes from the colonial period in America and if they were truely representative of beer of the period then thank God i live in this era! Just awful stuff.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411427498.096799.jpg
Another Rye IPA out on the patio. I love the fall weather and this evening is perfect. In keeping with the tradition of the thread I figured I would get my hideous legs in a shot. Those bunions need filing lol

This reminds me of the quad I made earlier this year, although maybe a little smoother on the alcohol burn.

Whenever I have a commercial beer that reminds of one of my HBs, I feel like I'm doing something right. :fro:

1411429753631.jpg

Back