What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troegenator! I almost forgot it was Friday...pulled this one from the back of the fridge. Bottled 3/10/24 and still tasty. Malty goodness! Too bad, this is my last one.

DSC05480.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409976862.989687.jpg
I need to start brewing more.
300+ lbs of grain and too little time.

A buddy gifted me a 55 lb. sack of Chocolate Malt... WTF am I supposed to do with 55 lbs of Chocolate Malt?

Did I take it?

of course... :)

Abita Oktoberfest. Not all that good. There's a weird hard water taste that it seems like every beer from Louisiana has, and this definitely has it in heaps. Not to mention it is far too malty, almost roasty. I made the mistake of buying it and the St. Arnold's Oktoberfest today, neither being very good.

I lied...

Noch ein kleines Bierchen bevor ich mich in den Federn liegen...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409979599.935140.jpg

SN Torpedo #3

Regarding this top thread business that was sent out:

Is this the top viewed? Because the top thread, insofar as posts are concerned, is the Tap Room (didn't make the list). Anyone ever notice how there is very little crossover between our Alchy thread and the Tap Room thread?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed....

I had 20 beers tonight. Yay birthday.

Scotch time!

Weeeeeeeeeee! Happy birthday and I hope you survive to celebrate another one! Although, tomorrow, you might feel like you prefer the alternative. Cheers!

I'm just on #'s 3 and 4...a peach-pineapple tepache and Matt's Summer Brew shandy. Dang...better than I thought!

DSC05481.jpg

My rye saison IPA with brett. I can't remember if I added brett L or C, either way it is delicious. Brewed in January, aged in bottle since early February (still have about 14 bombers left).

I had 20 beers tonight. Yay birthday.

Scotch time!

Happy birthday man!

Water.
If I need to dry hop an IPA but it's been 10 days since I brewed, is it too late?

Anyone ever actually sell a house without a realtor? (For sale by owner)

A few years ago I was at the hofbrauhaus Munich and people were singing songs in different languages. When it was quiet enough I sang the eagles fight song. Half hour later a guy comes up to me and says he's a redskins fan, traveled all the way to Germany and can't escape floccing eagles fans. Haha.

That's awesome lol. First cup of coffee ugh it won't be the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coffee.

Hoping the wedding I go to tonight has Final Absolution because the restaurant certainly has it in tap. Would it be tacky to pay for beer at the bar during an open bar wedding if they are not serving good beer to the wedding guests?

Lol. What do mean? It looks to me like it's covered in awesome.

Unfortunately, with Braxton Miller down, Wolverines a year or two away from being back, Badgers pooping their pants last week, and Sparty about to get smoked by the Ducks with nobody else on their schedule, the B1G is about to have a very bad first "college playoff" year, I fear.

Unfortunately, with Braxton Miller down, Wolverines a year or two away from being back, Badgers pooping their pants last week, and Sparty about to get smoked by the Ducks with nobody else on their schedule, the B1G is about to have a very bad first "college playoff" year, I fear.

I agree. With the general lack of respect for the conference someone will need to go unbeaten to have a shot. I think Michigan State can beat Oregon. A few years ago Ohio State played Oregon in the Rose Bowl and Everybody said Oregon was going to roll the Buckeyes. The exact opposite happened.

I think State's defense really struggles against speed. Your Bucknuts racked up about a million yards on them last season, but just showed that they had the worst D of any BCS team in losing that game. Oregon has even more speed, and a stronger D. I see this being a track meet...and Sparty is just not built for it. Key to the game for Sparty will be a kid who went to our local high school. If Taiwan Jones (yes, that's his real name) can cover enough turf to contain the Duck's speed, then Sparty can hang. I just don't think one Outside Linebacker can cover that much green for a full 60 minutes.

I think State's defense really struggles against speed. Your Bucknuts racked up about a million yards on them last season, but just showed that they had the worst D of any BCS team in losing that game. Oregon has even more speed, and a stronger D. I see this being a track meet...and Sparty is just not built for it. Key to the game for Sparty will be a kid who went to our local high school. If Taiwan Jones (yes, that's his real name) can cover enough turf to contain the Duck's speed, then Sparty can hang. I just don't think one Outside Linebacker can cover that much green for a full 60 minutes.

They'll do what they do, take the air out of the ball by running, running and running some more and they will play the solid defense that Coach Dantonio's teams always play. I have nothing but respect for Dantonio that guy can coach defense. It was a sad day for Buckeye fans when he left to take the MSU job but he was too good to be a coordinator any longer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410012846.851935.jpg
Last cup of coffee while I clean up the mess I made making breakfast. I think this mug is somehow making the coffee taste even better.

They'll do what they do, take the air out of the ball by running, running and running some more and they will play the solid defense that Coach Dantonio's teams always play. I have nothing but respect for Dantonio that guy can coach defense. It was a sad day for Buckeye fans when he left to take the MSU job but he was too good to be a coordinator any longer.

Once they are down two scores, they won't be able to take the air out anymore. That's when it will get blown wide open. Hope I'm wrong but I really think Sparty was the beneficiary of a soft schedule and a dream match up (no speed) in the bowl game last year. I think the 2013 Duck team was their nightmare matchup and suspect the 2014 team may be, too.

And I'm drinking coffee while discussing our plans for attending a wedding tonight that will keep me from watching the football games I waited months for.

Once they are down two scores, they won't be able to take the air out anymore. That's when it will get blown wide open. Hope I'm wrong but I really think Sparty was the beneficiary of a soft schedule and a dream match up (no speed) in the bowl game last year. I think the 2013 Duck team was their nightmare matchup and suspect the 2014 team may be, too.

Could be or it could be that you been listening to the ESPN anti-Big Ten hype and the theoretical lack of speed in the Big Ten. I think my Buckeyes are the most disrespected team because of their performance in a couple of national championship games. I understand that people don't want to let the facts get in the way of hyperbole but no team played in more BCS bowl games or won more BCS bowl games than my beloved Buckeyes. The real dogs in the BCS bowl era were Oklahoma Oregon and especially Notre Dame.

Could be or it could be that you been listening to the ESPN anti-Big Ten hype and the theoretical lack of speed in the Big Ten. I think my Buckeyes are the most disrespected team because of their performance in a couple of national championship games. I understand that people don't want to let the facts get in the way of hyperbole but no team played in more BCS bowl games or won more BCS bowl games than my beloved Buckeyes. The real dogs in the BCS bowl era were Oklahoma Oregon and especially Notre Dame.

No. I pay no mind to the talking heads. MSU struggles against speed. That is an observation I've made myself. Wisconsin was as fast as LSU last week and I laughed at all the dipsh!t analysts when that became apparent. I thought the lack of Badgers on Sparty's 2013 schedule was also very fortunate for MSU.

No. I pay no mind to the talking heads. MSU struggles against speed. That is an observation I've made myself. Wisconsin was as fast as LSU last week and I laughed at all the dipsh!t analysts when that became apparent. I thought the lack of Badgers on Sparty's 2013 schedule was also very fortunate for MSU.

How do you like the way the big ten set up the divisions? All the power is in the east except Wisconsin, who should win the west every year.

All this football talk makes me want to remind you to Boiler up!!!

One last coffee before I fire up the burner and decide if it is gonna be a porter, a RIS, or the iipa recipe swmbo wants the pipeline filled with.

All this football talk makes me want to remind you to Boiler up!!!

One last coffee before I fire up the burner and decide if it is gonna be a porter, a RIS, or the iipa recipe swmbo wants the pipeline filled with.

Worst BCS conference team in the nation last season. Hope Hazel (sp?) can get it together.

Now drinking water. About to run my kids to my mothers for the night so we can go to this wedding.

Worst BCS conference team in the nation last season. Hope Hazel (sp?) can get it together.

Now drinking water. About to run my kids to my mothers for the night so we can go to this wedding.

Last on the scoreboard- first in our hearts.

Bored with coffee.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410017158.285523.jpg

Latest posts

Back