What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB imperial red rye ale. Was trying to copy Lagunitas imperial red ale but I over complicated the grain bill.

It seems to be close in the bitterness/hops dept. Mine's 8.9% also, and not a hint of solvent/alcohol notes, just a ton of smooth malt flavor

20140905_191528.jpg

...ZOU!!!

I don't know, Mizzou is a 3.5 point favorite and the game's in Toledo. Still, we have a tendency to really floc things up when it should be easy.
extended lunch at Syberg's at game time.

Mizzou always plays down to the level of the competition. Throw in a 5th down, a kicked pass and some bad kicking performances and you have mizzou football.

Get the shark chunk ceasar salad or some wings and you can't go wrong.

I make Sybergs wing sauce a couple times a year and share with the neighbors. Always goes over well.

Rockets 5-2 against ranked opponents in the Glass Bowl. GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

LULZ...

You must have finished that Stone 12-pack already if you think that's happening!

Mizzou's gonna trounce Toledo. :D

LULZ...

You must have finished that Stone 12-pack already if you think that's happening!

Mizzou's gonna trounce Toledo. :D

Go Rockets!!! 2 of my kids will be at the game tomorrow. I should have bought tickets to the upset!

No worries. It's all in good fun. At least you're not an THE ohio state fan. Those people really suck. :)

Lol I live and Die Buckeyes football. I was born a Buckeye. I'm one of those people who when I was born my dad put a Buckeyes football in my crib. My children came home from the hospital after their birth in Buckeyes gear. BUCKNUTS for life.

Lol I live and Die Buckeyes football. I was born a Buckeye. I'm one of those people who when I was born my dad put a Buckeyes football in my crib. My children came home from the hospital after their birth in Buckeyes gear. BUCKNUTS for life.

I figured as much. I do enjoy drinking with people who are passionate about their teams. My SIL (born in lacrosse, graduated from UW) is a badger for life. She knows more about college football than I ever care to.

I can't take it too seriously, unlike this:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409972628.231991.jpg
Which is seriously good.

Not this time but I'm about to go get another ruination

So what's the general consensus been on the increased ABV ruination? I only had the old version once, and it was a bit too much for me. I've found the 8.2% version to be just perfect.

I figured as much. I do enjoy drinking with people who are passionate about their teams. My SIL (born in lacrosse, graduated from UW) is a badger for life. She knows more about college football than I ever care to.

I can't take it too seriously, unlike this:
View attachment 222306
Which is seriously good.

It's an obsession for sure. I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in a sports team but that has never been an option.

So what's the general consensus been on the increased ABV ruination? I only had the old version once, and it was a bit too much for me. I've found the 8.2% version to be just perfect.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409973300.583394.jpg
On to my second Ruination. Normally I would tell you SSR is my favorite Stone offering but not tonight.

It's an obsession for sure. I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in a sports team but that has never been an option.

Don't ask me about hockey, or you will get really bored as I explain why the Blues will win the cup this year ( No matter what year it is). :)

View attachment 222308
On to my second Ruination. Normally I would tell you SSR is my favorite Stone offering but not tonight.

Hehe. Love me some SSR. I got one of those 12 packs a couple months ago from a local store for hella cheap. Unfortunately, no one around here has had them since.

Don't ask me about hockey, or you will get really bored as I explain why the Blues will win the cup this year ( No matter what year it is). :)

Growing up an hour from Detroit I root for the Red Wings but I am a very casual hockey fan.

HB bier de garde and hi Nelson saison. <sappy> beer has been more reliable than anything & anyone else this week. </sappy>

Hehe. Love me some SSR. I got one of those 12 packs a couple months ago from a local store for hella cheap. Unfortunately, no one around here has had them since.

Stone is the brewery that got me in to craft beer so they are and always have been a favorite of mine. I like how they are supportive of homebrewers. I have brewed the SSR clone that they willingly gave out 1/2 dozen times and it always turns out great.

This is what I love about sports. I was in Los Angeles wearing a Buckeyes t-shirt at a mall when a guy yells out "GO BUCKS!" Thousands of miles from home a Buckeye found me. I loved it, made my day.

No mas I'm tanked. I think I'll leave the bottle pyramid for my wife to see in the morning since she works and I don't.

No mas I'm tanked. I think I'll leave the bottle pyramid for my wife to see in the morning since she works and I don't.

LMAO My GF asked me just last week, "Do you leave those bottles on the counter so you'll know how much you drank last night?" I conceded that by the time I go to bed, I usually forget that they're there. :drunk:

Matt's Summer Brew...found a busted bottle in my inventory, so I put the rest in the fridge. I don't know what happened, but it looks like the head on the pour crept up on this one. (Pic was taken after it settled) Like my Major Nelson, though, the beer itself does not seem overcarbed. Strange...but still very good!

DSC05479.jpg

NOTHING is more reliable than a dog.

View attachment 222313

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409975703.945902.jpg

Ordinarily, I'd agree with this, but this one recently chewed a hole in my new rug. She hasn't chewed anything in 2 years...

More SN Torpedo, which closes out my Friday. Boss texted me to say to meet at Syberg's at 10:45 AM. Isn't it great when things work out?

Smacked! Hb kolsch x2 devils backbone, Oktoberfest at bdubs rebel ipa at bdubs and firestone walker dba x 2, and formulated a wheat ipa recipe we're going to brew tomorrow

This is what I love about sports. I was in Los Angeles wearing a Buckeyes t-shirt at a mall when a guy yells out "GO BUCKS!" Thousands of miles from home a Buckeye found me. I loved it, made my day.

A few years ago I was at the hofbrauhaus Munich and people were singing songs in different languages. When it was quiet enough I sang the eagles fight song. Half hour later a guy comes up to me and says he's a redskins fan, traveled all the way to Germany and can't escape floccing eagles fans. Haha.

Please engage auto correct, sloppy Saturday starts tomorrow :mug:

Nah! Why not start tonight and I've found the inserts as furniture inserts at Home Depot and lowes but you might look around for something other than the nail on type I've found they crack softer wood easily and get loose over time. I'm about to have to hurt swmbo's feelings by replacing them with commercial taps

neither... I did some water analysis for them, and we got to talking about beer. So we decided that we should brew something and this is what came out of it.

That's awesome man I'm a plumber by trade and that would be a sweet situation to fall into if I were to have to do some work at a brewery and luck in to talking to the brewers

Back