What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another SMaSH pils. Pretty fruity from warm pitch but otherwise satisfying.

ForumRunner_20120425_022324.jpg

ForumRunner_20120425_022305.jpg

ForumRunner_20120425_022340.jpg

A huge fan of the Cascadian Dark, or Black IPA, was a bit cautious when I saw this one - a Double Black Lager - but wow, what a most excellent beer!

doubleblack.jpg

A huge fan of the Cascadian Dark, or Black IPA, was a bit cautious when I saw this one - a Double Black Lager - but wow, what a most excellent beer!

Do you now if those big grand teton bottles take regular caps or the bigger ones?

Do you now if those big grand teton bottles take regular caps or the bigger ones?

Surprisingly it was (is) a regular cap. Bottle was thin as well, not the heavy glass you find in the corked and conditioned Belgians. :mug:

Surprisingly it was (is) a regular cap. Bottle was thin as well, not the heavy glass you find in the corked and conditioned Belgians. :mug:

Thanks. I was just wondering because I have one of those bottles but I never put beer in it because I didn't want to attempt to and then find out it takes a bigger cap.

Enjoying a one off brew from Hofbräu. It's a double hopped special batch they made specially for a small brewery convention that took place this past weekend. It really makes you wonder what some of these big breweries could do if they just ignored convention!

25042012757.jpg

Double Trouble and Imperial Stout from Founders, Dirty Old Man from Tyranena and Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds. I have a happy fridge :rockin:

I'm currently drinking a Cisco Grey Lady white ale, writing my last ever grad school paper, and waiting for Bruins/Caps game 7 to start. GO BRUINS!! :tank:

Stauffbier said:
Right now I'm drinking.................................Sprite! :p

And how is it???????? 👍or👎
I'm drinking my IIPA that tastes great but smells like buttery hops FAIL

My Eagle Rock Solidarity clone which is a black mild. Tastes a bit like roasted barley soda with no sugar. If I make it again I think I'll add some flaked barley for some mouthfeel. As it is, a refreshing quaffer.

And how is it???????? ��or��
I'm drinking my IIPA that tastes great but smells like buttery hops FAIL

Not your fail,your source's fail.Im with you on the getting screwed with old/or poorly stored/aged hops. Ive ordered hops requesting 2011 hops, only to be ignored about it.Maybe i should ***** about buttery/bland vegetableness to them from now on. Its a bunch of crap to order an awesomely known hop only to be disapointed with it.

Drinking my 7.5%ABV Frankenbrew that I can not categorically place, but I like it and after a couple I really don't care. :tank:

OClairBrew said:
Drinking my 7.5%ABV Frankenbrew that I can not categorically place, but I like it and after a couple I really don't care. :tank:

What does it smell like I had a strong ale that was 7.5% smelled like fruit loops freaked me out but was strong like bull,

Drinking Hoptimus Prime from Ruckus Brewing. This is a very drinkable 9% DIPA. If you like Pliny (and who doesn't) I'd suggest you give this beer a try. Delicious and nutritious!

image-2253333191.jpg

Ill be 80 and bein like gotdamn beer! Why kant i keeps up with all za beerz nowadaze.Good dear lord at least i have a head start! Brand new and in your face 10X a minute.

Does codeine cough syrup count? Been sick as hell the last few weeks, doped up on antibiotics and aforementioned cough syrup. Maybe a drink in a day or two when I have the energy for it.

Being sick sucks and is always a nice reminder of how good you feel when...well, you're not sick.:drunk:

What does it smell like I had a strong ale that was 7.5% smelled like fruit loops freaked me out but was strong like bull,

It smells a little fruity and a bit like the Centennial I dry-hopped with. I was going for a strong IPA, but didn't get the punch you in your face hop bitterness I wanted.

last night I was drinking un-carbonated IPA from the bottling bucket. I don't have a dip tube for my bottling bucket yet, so I had a couple for myself.
:mug:

Currently enjoying my all time favorite beer, Brewdog Tokyo Intergalatic Fantastic Oak Aged Stout 18.2%. Appropriately, I'm also listening to Flower Travellin' Band - Satori (Part 2), the most psychedelic song to come out of 70's Japan.

Man, this beer is just too damn good. It's been about a year since I bought six of 'em, now tonight there will be only one left. A shame I gave one away...

Onihige said:
Currently enjoying my all time favorite beer, Brewdog Tokyo Intergalatic Fantastic Oak Aged Stout 18.2%. Appropriately, I'm also listening to Flower Travellin' Band - Satori (Part 2), the most psychedelic song to come out of 70's Japan.

Man, this beer is just too damn good. It's been about a year since I bought six of 'em, now tonight there will be only one left. A shame I gave one away...

I've still got a 2009 bottle of Tokyo. No idea how it'll taste now, I had a bottle a month ago of their abstrakt 04 which was a little over a year old and it was loaded with autolysis... shame as I've got another two bottles and it wasn't cheap, maybe when they get their new brewery up and running the quality will improve.

I've still got a 2009 bottle of Tokyo. No idea how it'll taste now, I had a bottle a month ago of their abstrakt 04 which was a little over a year old and it was loaded with autolysis... shame as I've got another two bottles and it wasn't cheap, maybe when they get their new brewery up and running the quality will improve.

Mine are still delicious. :3

Black Dog Ale. It's ok, but it might taste better once I get over this f@&$)ing cold. Nothing tastes right.

Martens premium pilsener,i killed this pint so fast i didnt even know it was there.

Back