What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407970793.492833.jpg

Jesus Christ. This is the type of craft beer drinker that is responsible for 3-hour lines when a beer is released. This is quite annoying but for some reason, I keep watching it - likely because I can't believe the **** I'm hearing from this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPDTUX_NI3Q

Water.

******.bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll be making a few procedural tweaks (prime each pin individually rather than batch primed, carbonate a little higher) but I'm very pleased with em. They'll be a permanent fixture. And I'm going to invest in a beer engine for proper hand pulls in the future.

Drinking the last of the pitcher of iced Moroccan mint tea w/ lavender. I could take or leave the lavender personally, but my wife likes it this way and she does it right.

Sweet. Need to taste something off your polypin at some point. Want to try and hook up my engine? The tea sounds tasty too.

Had three HB pales while cooking, now debating on a commercial pale, a blind pig or a gose.

I wasn't going to drink anything tonight. But that pic beat this big man down.

My condolences and you enjoy every damn minute Ridre with him.

Damn man..

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407976909.937312.jpg

Imperial Rye IBA

This is a homebrew given to me by a friend that I've never actually met or spoken to IRL (I know his girlfriend and we've emailed back and forth a few times, exchanged some brews).

I've never had an IBA before and my experience with IPAs is limited to a couple six packs of Muskoka Brewery's Mad Tom IPA.

Visually this thing is a stout. Jet black with maybe a amber tint at the very edge and a beautiful tan head that is sticking around quite nicely.

But it tastes nothing like any stout I've ever had. It smells and tastes very hoppy (for my palate anyway) and it's pretty tasty. I want to say it smells/tastes piney but someone with more experience might describe it differently.

I don't know what the ABV is on this thing but as I near the bottom of my glass I am already feeling the effects of it (I'll be the first to admit that I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol despite my slightly larger than average size).

Between the alcohol and the hops I don't think I'd want to drink a bunch of these in a single sitting but as a single beer at the end of the day I'm liking it a lot.

I did too. I thought for sure something was coming through the door or closet at first. I had to watch it through to make sure he was being serious!

Lol the one nostril sniff cracked me up most. I was reminded of a co-worker doing a scotch tasting in my kitchen and trying to get me to slurp up scotch through pursed lips because "it's the only way to get the true flavor" lol at the end of the day he was deeply offended when I informed him the Makers Mark in my cabinet was better than any of the 15 -year-old Scotch aged in French oak barrels etc that he had me try. I lack sophistication.

Sorry. I've got three bawling kids and a crying wife. Otis and I are getting through this the old fashioned way...with beer.

Sorry to hear man. My dog I grew up with died the day before I got home from summer camp after being gone for a week. It killed me to not be able to say goodbye.

Having my strawberry blonde after a dinner of lobster, crab legs, corn and fries. With a pitcher of some below average ipa.

Diet Coke after homebrew club meeting. We did a blind judging of an American IPA (only the guy proctoring it knew what it was at the time, but we were told afterwards it was Victory's Hop Devil), and then compared notes and scores against the old Zymurgy Commercial Calibration of it. Comments much the same, but our scores were lower. I don't think our bottles were as fresh as they should have been. Also possible the recipe has changed since then. But it was an interesting and informative thing to do.

Lol the one nostril sniff cracked me up most. I was reminded of a co-worker doing a scotch tasting in my kitchen and trying to get me to slurp up scotch through pursed lips because "it's the only way to get the true flavor" lol at the end of the day he was deeply offended when I informed him the Makers Mark in my cabinet was better than any of the 15 -year-old Scotch aged in French oak barrels etc that he had me try. I lack sophistication.

You don't lack sophistication, you lack bull****. My years are making me more and more fond of people that like what they like... Not what someone tells them to like.

Third old chub. I like.

You don't lack sophistication, you lack bull****. My years are making me more and more fond of people that like what they like... Not what someone tells them to like.

Third old chub. I like.

Same guy brought a notebook to take notes on commercial beers we were drinking when I showed him my process for brewing beer. I remember telling him "no dude it ain't like that here" he put it away. I make mental notes of what I like and what I don't but if I ever go to the bottle shop with my notebook like I've seen dudes do I hope I get run over by a Budweiser truck in the parking lot when I leave.

Made me think of doing coke,LOL

HB RyePA,

IMG_4228.jpg

Back