What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golfing at VT

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404492434.275272.jpg

Just finished my HB Major Nelson IPA and about to pop open an HB Matt's Summer Brew...hot outside! And I'm brewing a BIAB Hi-Nelson Saison!

When the smoker gets started, the beer drinking gets started.

HB Irish red
View attachment 209189

Fins, it's legal when not in cities,but when you go thru Jeff City or some of the other little towns along the way, keep it down.

We really arent in any cities on this drive, which sucks haha.

Having another brew.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404493367.420763.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404493367.420763.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 70
View attachment 209211
Nectar Ales Black Xantus. Pretty damn good stuffView attachment 209214 lots of barreling going on here

Can't be that good with that terrible BA score. ;)

Inspired by Qhrumphf's dedication to "sticking with a style" I'm having another Prairie stout. Got the rusted cap as I expected,
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404499360.852233.jpg

But the beer is fine. And iron oxide never hurt nobody :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404499398.630675.jpg

Can't be that good with that terrible BA score. ;)

They aren't over-hyped enough to get great BA scores. If they slapped Firestone Walker (the actual owners) on the label, it would be 95+ point beer. :D

If it were discovered that In Bev funded Heady or Pliny, those beers would instantly drop to a 20 BA rating. That is such a beer snob system.

Mattmmille's Major Nelson IPA ... very fruity and musty - great flavor profile. Bottle was a little over-carbed but well rounded beer - and great cap for the 4th!
View attachment 209229

I started with one of those today for brew day! The carb on the pour is very aggressive and then it stays awhile, but I liked the carb on the beer itself...I'm not sure how that worked out? Then switched to the Summer Brew.

Brewed the Hi Nelson Saison...everything looks good. Cary brew shop was out of Belgian Pilsner Malt, a little short on the Munich and had nothing for the oxygen tank. Drove to Raleigh and they were out of Belgian too...I guess it's a distributor issue, so I used German and the Munich 6L (Didn't specify in recipe, so I went with a recommendation). But they DID have the oxygen diffuser kit, so I got one. In the fermenter at 4:15 and cleaned up by 4:30.

Attachments

• DSC05059.jpg
    DSC05059.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC05056.jpg
    DSC05056.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 59
We don't get much here and you really have to look for it.
View attachment 209263
2nd pour, fully warmed. I get a faint taste of Benson & Hedges along with the slightest aroma of a billy goat's ass

How do you know billys' goat ass smells like. Billy has a goat?

Having a monkeynaut from straight to ale

Latest posts

Back