What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398012011.983117.jpg
Just bottled yoopers broken leg pale ale...mmmmmm!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Wishing I could have a beer without getting inlaw stinkeye while enjoying the weather with the boys.

Still remembering that can of watermelon wheat I had last night. Glad I bought two, because I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Was only going to have one beer but I just rolled my ankle playing basketball with a five year old and am in a fair amount of pain. Have I mentioned how old this weekend has made me feel?

I have two giant messes around here to clean up (one pictured) before heading to my mom's for Easter dinner later.

2014-04-20 13.01.48.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398015063.172225.jpg
Cleaned and de-labeled a case of bottles.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398015102.363144.jpg
Now drinking my tasty amarillo/citra ipa while watching River Monsters I'm hooked on that show.

Lol i saw that when you posted it did you determine definitively what that was?

Not definitively but enough guys here said searobin that I'm inclined to say that's what it was. I'm pretty good identifying fresh water fish but salt water is like fishing on Mars to me.

About to open a Radler. Spent way too long setting up my new pump, researching no-sparge method, and figuring out a way to be close to my sink for my wort chiller but near the plug for induction. Yes, I could use a portable workbench or longer tubing on my IC. :D

I call this, ghetto brew day but take 2 of the vanilla porter.
image-4.jpg

Not definitively but enough guys here said searobin that I'm inclined to say that's what it was. I'm pretty good identifying fresh water fish but salt water is like fishing on Mars to me.

I grew up fishing on Lake Erie with my Dad never did any deep sea or salt water fishing.

I grew up fishing on Lake Erie with my Dad never did any deep sea or salt water fishing.

For me it was mostly Lake St. Clair or the St. Clair River...rarely Lake Huron.

EDIT: my dad lived for fly fishing for trout but I only went with him for that a few times. Thinking of getting my boy into it now that I have some of dad's gear.

For me it was mostly Lake St. Clair or the St. Clair River...rarely Lake Huron.

This time of year I would be standing in the Maumee River with my Dad and 50 other guys catching Walleye. I havent done that in eons what a great eating fish.

This time of year I would be standing in the Maumee River with my Dad and 50 other guys catching Walleye. I havent done that in eons what a great eating fish.

That's what everyone says. I rarely eat them...I catch and release. As such, I'd much rather stalk smallmouth in Lake St. Clair. Walleye are beautiful fish and better eating but reeling in a walleye is like reeling in driftwood. Bass fight you for it all the way to he boat/shore. Trout fight like hell,too, but that is much more work.

That's what everyone says. I rarely eat them...I catch and release. As such, I'd much rather stalk smallmouth in Lake St. Clair. Walleye are beautiful fish and better eating but reeling in a walleye is like reeling in driftwood. Bass fight you for it all the way to he boat/shore. Trout fight like hell,too, but that is much more work.

Bass and trout are good eating fish as well. My dad used to drag me out of bed at 5am on saturdays to go fishing. I remember being sleepy and cranky out on that boat that man had no boundaries lol.

Bass and trout are good eating fish as well. My dad used to drag me out of bed at 5am on saturdays to go fishing. I remember being sleepy and cranky out on that boat that man had no boundaries lol.

If you are serious about catching them, you have to be that early. With my little guy, I fish for bluegill and sun fish more than anything else these days. No boat so we just look for a fishing hole wherever we are camping. Can't wait to get the RV out of storage.

If you are serious about catching them, you have to be that early. With my little guy, I fish for bluegill and sun fish more than anything else these days. No boat so we just look for a fishing hole wherever we are camping. Can't wait to get the RV out of storage.

He always said Walleye fed at night so we were always on the river way before light. In late March the ice had just melted its damn cold and miserable. i appreciate eating them more now than I did then at that age i would rather have been home eating a bowl of Capn Crunch and watching cartoons

Out fishing with my kids right now. 4 yr old got a rainbow for dinner tonight while I'm enjoying a Curmudgeon. Yay!

1398021088305.jpg

1398021114352.jpg

Back