What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've traded with local Philly guys too, now THAT is tough!

Opened a '14 Riserva at Easter dinner to share with my family. Big mistake. Only one who liked it found out it wasn't Homebrew and then admitted she was only being nice. SMH.

The important thing is what did you think of the 14? Haven't cracked one open yet.

I wish I could find some dusty 12's on the shelf.:D

Nightcap,

IMG_2745.jpg

The important thing is what did you think of the 14? Haven't cracked one open yet.

I thought it was very very similar to '12 fresh. Haven't had a '12 with age , so I'm not sure how it ages, but even fresh it's very good. Quite sour and fruity, love it. I've got two more bottles that I'll cellar.

What's the shelf life on this stuff? Box says "it's ready to drink now and it will continue to age well for the next 5 years."

So now, it's 2 years past that...any good still?

1398047468917.jpg

1398047483007.jpg

1398047496189.jpg

What's the shelf life on this stuff? Box says "it's ready to drink now and it will continue to age well for the next 5 years."

Its a barley wine. I would drink it asap abd its probably gonna be fantastic.

Enjoying a HB oat stout on my back porch with the wife and sons listening to jonny cash

image.jpg

Found this lonely soul behind the kegs, hope every one had a good Easter.
Ridire, how's the ankle?

Chef, what year is that from? How is it?

I Recently picked some "Winter 12-13" for $2 per bottle from the single bottle pile. Had my first on in January and it was a Winter 13-14. Damn good beer and I'm wondering how the 12-13 is going to be.

I was at a tasting last fall where we had 07-11 and a 13. They seemed to peak about 3-4 years. The 07 was good, but not as good as the 10 and 11. I'd drink it soon.

Evil Twin Falcon IPA. It's OK, nothing special about it.

2 shots of Makers with some honey and 2 tylenol and a 12 hr sudafed. In 30 minutes my throat went from hell to no longer noticable. Back pain is gone too... Night yall

"Sometimes Im right half of the time ...."

It's an awesome glass, it's a Tired Hands Teku from trade with wobrien. I don't know how available they are, but you will need to seek out a Philly connection.
ps: Philly people are the absolute hardest to trade with, they get ridiculous distro :D

Oh nice! I want the glass and their beer! :)

I tried to multi-quote...No dice.

Chef, what year is that from? How is it?

I Recently picked some "Winter 12-13" for $2 per bottle from the single bottle pile. Had my first on in January and it was a Winter 13-14. Damn good beer and I'm wondering how the 12-13 is going to be.

It was a 13-14, I do have some in the cellar also for aging.
My morning smoothie.

Only one way to find out.

Airport coffee. Weekly flight time got moved half an hour later. Felt luxurious not to have to get up before 5 am.

Got a race next weekend and feeling a cold coming on so taking this week off from drinking...

Coffee this morning as I prepare for a quick day-trip for Mom's 84th birthday. Mom likes my home brews...putting together a six-pack to take with me.

Latest posts

Back