What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You too? I'm not getting a settlement, but I am keeping a helluva lot more money now than I was, so I might as well be.

Believe it or not, this is my first time having this beer. I saw it for the first time today in non-bomber form, so I grabbed one. Not a huge fan of the style, but I am enjoying it. Especially after judging Belgian strongs at NHC Round 1.

Cheers brother! I'll drink to that.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396579251.656299.jpg

My first Pilsner, but definitely not my last. I had never tried making one as I had never really liked any of the commercial examples I had tried. I'm guessing it was just their age as this stuff is wonderful! I'll definitely be keeping this around from now on.

pils.jpg

I'm skipping the last 1000+ posts since I was away on family vacation for past 5 days. Let me know if I missed anything...

Having my last one of these.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396584675.056288.jpg

Since it was family vacation, didn't get to try too many new beers, but got my first sculpin and a speakeasy black hand at a place next to the hotel.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396584775.328836.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396584800.733962.jpg

Hellos Honey Orange Hefe. I am really diggin this ( well a quarter of it then my fiancee took it from me lol) Its hard to make honey work but I love it with Belgian yeasts. Thanks Jess! And can I have the recipe please?

Drank me a cider. I have been working on a perfect sweet carbonated cider for a while now and this one is finally getting there. I am also drinking one that I found a bomber of for $2.50 at Krogers. Pretty decent beer but I can't tell you what it is since it is currently up for guessing on the guess what style thread.

I'm also about to open one of these when I am done with the mystery beer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396588803.680247.jpg

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

I must say that the cheap mystery beer is odd. Tastes like a head shop smells. Patchouli or something.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Since it was family vacation, didn't get to try too many new beers, but got my first sculpin and a speakeasy black hand at a place next to the hotel.
View attachment 190736

Black hand is damn tasty. Not quite at left hand milk stout level, but really solid. I'm glad they started bottling it.

Black hand is damn tasty. Not quite at left hand milk stout level, but really solid. I'm glad they started bottling it.

I was impressed with the black hand, but it could have been that it was first beer after 6 hours of plane travel with 2 kids :).

Last of the night
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396590102.936257.jpg

Coffee here.

Stopping at LHBS today for a few odds and ends. Brew day Sunday. Haven't brewed in more than six months!

Stop rambling and get brewing! :p
Go Go Go !
Hellos Honey Orange Hefe. I am really diggin this ( well a quarter of it then my fiancee took it from me lol) Its hard to make honey work but I love it with Belgian yeasts. Thanks Jess! And can I have the recipe please?
Thank you!
YGPM but instead of sending another, I think for the conversion from extract to all grain, in addition to the white wheat, 2-row and caramel 20L, think we should use maybe a 1/2 pound or a pound of flaked wheat? Let me know your thoughts. Again, totally untested here for the all grain version. I also think single infusion, light body, batch sparge would be good for this. Not 100% so your thoughts would be nice. /ramble.

Drinking coffee and water. I didn't sleep much at all last night. :(

KBS sold out at all local stores. It came to my 2 local stores on Wednesday. 1-case limit. Even near work it's all gone. Homers.

Water. Gym time, girlies.

Cherry coke at work. Still trying to wake up after sleeping on the basement couch until 4:30, then going up to bed to find my 6 year old on my side of the bed. Maybe a growler of iipa wasn't a good idea last night.

Nicely done! Surprised you got any KBS from Specs crooked ass. My cousin is a warehouse manager for them in Corpus and he said employees including him bought half of their KBS shipment. That just sh**y

Didn't get it from specs. You couldn't pay me to wait in line for one of these special releases at specs. Dustin and I got the last two four packs at an HEB.

Back