What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water...still...

Dayton hanging on, fins.

I asked this in the General Beer section but thought you guys may be more helpful - I am moving from BIAB all grain to a mash tun (tun build is not an issue - I paid the extra to get one already modified). But during the brew day, is there anything I should be looking out for with the tun that I may not know as a BIAB guy? The tun should be here tomorrow and I am thinking of doing a weekend brew.

Just a tip, but I always throw a piece of aluminum foil over the mash to help keep a steady temp. I didnt drop more then .2 degrees in my mash yesterday over 60 minutes. O btw, its a cooler tun so you may not have to if its a direct fire kettle.

Just a tip, but I always throw a piece of aluminum foil over the mash to help keep a steady temp. I didnt drop more then .2 degrees in my mash yesterday over 60 minutes. O btw, its a cooler tun so you may not have to if its a direct fire kettle.

Mine will be an Igloo cooler tun (round). I was assuming it would hold the temperature pretty well. But you put aluminum over the top of the mash in an Igloo cooler? Do you just cover the top of the cooler before putting the lid on?

Mine will be an Igloo cooler tun (round). I was assuming it would hold the temperature pretty well. But you put aluminum over the top of the mash in an Igloo cooler? Do you just cover the top of the cooler before putting the lid on?

That works great, also add your mash water about 10-15 degrees hotter than your calc says it should be and wait for the temp to drop to add your grains. It pre-heats the tun to help avoid temp drops during the mash.

Put the aluminum straight on top of your mash, then the lid obviously. And what hooligan said is so true. Thats how my mash yesterday didnt drop. I put 190 degree water in and let it sit for almost 20 minutes.

UConn is on at 7 tonight. Going to be hard not to smash a beer or seventeen tonight.

Two waters with this whole chicken.

That's a great idea.

Off topic: Fins, am I good to ship today or should I wait til tomorrow?

Man i wish i was home for the cuse game... i do have kstate beating the shockers in the next rounds fins i just noticed...

Dang, I hope that happens!

That's a great idea.

Off topic: Fins, am I good to ship today or should I wait til tomorrow?

Yep today should be fine. Yours will be there tomorrow, I cant wait!

I didnt see it! And now my brackets messed up, after the first game.

It was a classic. Dayton was down 2 with around 40 seconds to play, and the shot clock running out...and OSU fouled on a desperation 3 point attempt. Guy hit all 3 FT to put Dayton up by 1. Following a timeout, Craft got the inbound pass and took it right to the hole to put the Buckeyes up by one with about 20 seconds to play. Dayton looked like they were going to choke on their last possession but Sanford hit a bucket with just enough time for Craft to get one more attempt at it...and he missed.

Not yet. Interview went great but they asked me why I want to jump into another band (senior). I obviously can't say $. I need a more challenging job and am ready for even more responsibility is what I said.

This is another job within my organization but it's about a 45-minute ride one-way without traffic. There is always traffic so regardless of whether or not I get the gig, it's something I really have to think about. $ will be the deciding factor. And there is no ability to work remotely for this one.

Water. Gym time. It's going to be a good gym session as I am pissed off. /ramble

Tough call. Working from home is a perk that I can't put a financial value to. When I was working in office, I have stacks of old photo albums of family gatherings and social events that my face is missing from. $ is always nice but, when I retire I'd like to have people around to share the times with. Do the right thing, keep your nose clean and $ usually follows. Whether it's a raise, promotion, or simply not being a part of a layoff, most times it works.

That said, I'd do anything to keep employment and if it involves commuting (like 99.9% of the people I know) go for it. Yes, gas and dry cleaning cost money and you'll get more in return but the few times I get to the office, I feel "normal" for the day.

Rant and rambling over. Drinking coffee.

It was a classic. Dayton was down 2 with around 40 seconds to play, and the shot clock running out...and OSU fouled on a desperation 3 point attempt. Guy hit all 3 FT to put Dayton up by 1. Following a timeout, Craft got the inbound pass and took it right to the hole to put the Buckeyes up by one with about 20 seconds to play. Dayton looked like they were going to choke on their last possession but Sanford hit a bucket with just enough time for Craft to get one more attempt at it...and he missed.

I would have felt better about not seeing, had I not known that. ;) Sound like a heck of a finish to start off this tourny. Im upset I missed it, but I was busy unpacking these from absoluthamm, including the mask

photo (1).jpg

I have no basketball updates lol but I am having my Smoked Lager tasty and crystal clear.

Thank God! I thought I was going to have to start drinking so there would be at least a couple posts about something other than basketball!
You know what's worse than watching basketball?
Seeing people talk about basketball.
:p

Thank God! I thought I was going to have to start drinking so there would be at least a couple posts about something other than basketball!
You know what's worse than watching basketball?
Seeing people talk about basketball.
:p

Are you saying you don't care?!

Still drinking water but I am about to leave for home and will stop by the bottle shop en route. I am opting to go to my "plan B" store out of convenience. Sure hope I don't end up leaving there with a 12er of High Life...

Are you saying you don't care?!

I'm saying I don't give a rat's fuzzy a$$ about basketball. ;)
But I do care about what you're drinking. And whether or not you have a horse head mask on while doing so.

Back