What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395286575.215316.jpg
Who's your daddy

Sierra Nevada Narwhal imperial stout.

Celebratory beer since I just (finally) bought tickets to the Missouri Beer Festival this Saturday!

I've tried that and its pretty good just hoppier than I expected for a dark brew. Congrats on the tickets

Finishing up coffee before brewing a replacement Stout for one I f'd up big time. FedEx was early today and brought me a pond pump so it'll be my first try at trying to chill wort without carrying a 60qt boiling kettle through the house.

Finishing up coffee before brewing a replacement Stout for one I f'd up big time. FedEx was early today and brought me a pond pump so it'll be my first try at trying to chill wort without carrying a 60qt boiling kettle through the house.

I'm intrigued. I've never used a wort chiller (hose water is cold as hell here). What is the set up with the pond pump for cooling?

EDIT: never mind. I looked on Youtube. So, are you using a copper wort chiller but just recirculating ice water from a cooler?

Interesting, pond pump? One thing about brewing inside makes me worry whether I could get my wort chiller to work. My stupid faucet is odd and doesn't take a hose adapter. I was thinking of using duct tape.

Just got to the hotel, after a 12 hour train trip. Having a Lil' Helper IPA from Mothers brewing (Out of Springfield, Mo). Not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Didja get the job? Huh? Huh? Didja? Didja? Huh?

Having lot's of cofffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee this morning!:rockin:

Not yet. Interview went great but they asked me why I want to jump into another band (senior). I obviously can't say $. I need a more challenging job and am ready for even more responsibility is what I said.

This is another job within my organization but it's about a 45-minute ride one-way without traffic. There is always traffic so regardless of whether or not I get the gig, it's something I really have to think about. $ will be the deciding factor. And there is no ability to work remotely for this one.

Water. Gym time. It's going to be a good gym session as I am pissed off. /ramble

Pot o' coffee is on. I really need to learn how to go to bed earlier, especially when the pup whines to go out at 330am every morning like clockwork

Not yet. Interview went great but they asked me why I want to jump into another band (senior). I obviously can't say $. I need a more challenging job and am ready for even more responsibility is what I said.

This is another job within my organization but it's about a 45-minute ride one-way without traffic. There is always traffic so regardless of whether or not I get the gig, it's something I really have to think about. $ will be the deciding factor. And there is no ability to work remotely for this one.

Water. Gym time. It's going to be a good gym session as I am pissed off. /ramble

Good ramble. Good ramble. Well, I hope it works out for you which ever way you decide. My Dad's been driving a good 45 minute drive into Pittsburgh for work for the last 35 years! It's doable! Maybe not enjoyable, but doable.

Drinking water at the office. In one hour, I will really wish I were someplace serving beer as the greatest two days of the year begin...if you're not working.

Drinking water at the office. In one hour, I will really wish I were someplace serving beer as the greatest two days of the year begin...if you're not working.

You and me both! At least I can watch them all on the computer :D How many brackets did you do this year?

You and me both! At least I can watch them all on the computer :D How many brackets did you do this year?

Yeah, it will be on my computer, too, but it's not the same as sitting in a bar for it.

I did only one bracket (I never do variations on a bracket - that's like guessing 5 times on "pick a number between one and ten). I did not enter any pools, though, just did it for kicks.

I was surprised at my finals and final four but the matchups just made sense to me. I have Villanova v. Florida and Creighton v. Louisville in the Final 4 with an all Big East final (after bad-mouthing the league all year) and McDermott putting on a show to bring the title to Creighton.

Yeah, it will be on my computer, too, but it's not the same as sitting in a bar for it.

I did only one bracket (I never do variations on a bracket - that's like guessing 5 times on "pick a number between one and ten). I did not enter any pools, though, just did it for kicks.

I was surprised at my finals and final four but the matchups just made sense to me. I have Villanova v. Florida and Creighton v. Louisville in the Final 4 with an all Big East final (after bad-mouthing the league all year) and McDermott putting on a show to bring the title to Creighton.

I always have to make two, a realistic one and a kstate one, but I still only have them winning one game this year. I have Florida vs Iowa state and Wisconsin vs Louisville, with Louisville pulling a repeat vs Florida. Either way, tons of great games to be played. Watch out for some of the big 12 teams, there will be some upsets there.

I always have to make two, a realistic one and a kstate one, but I still only have them winning one game this year. I have Florida vs Iowa state and Wisconsin vs Louisville, with Louisville pulling a repeat vs Florida. Either way, tons of great games to be played. Watch out for some of the big 12 teams, there will be some upsets there.

For the past 2-3 weeks, Louisville has been the best team in the nation, hands down. I will not be surprised if they win it. I think Michigan State is getting to much credit right now...but I would not be shocked to see them make it, either.

For the past 2-3 weeks, Louisville has been the best team in the nation, hands down. I will not be surprised if they win it. I think Michigan State is getting to much credit right now...but I would not be shocked to see them make it, either.

Let the fauxductivity begin :D

photo.jpg

Water...still...

Dayton hanging on, fins.

I asked this in the General Beer section but thought you guys may be more helpful - I am moving from BIAB all grain to a mash tun (tun build is not an issue - I paid the extra to get one already modified). But during the brew day, is there anything I should be looking out for with the tun that I may not know as a BIAB guy? The tun should be here tomorrow and I am thinking of doing a weekend brew.

Back