What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and..

1395359739051.jpg

A little of this before the steakhouse and lots of draft brews. Gotta stake out my spot at this place for KBS tapping next week.

1395359983795.jpg

Ah, yes. The banquet beer. I'm not above consuming some of that. When someone else is paying for it, of course. ;)

Of course. You won't catch my hard earned dollars going towards this. But my cheap ass friend who brought it over? Yeah, I'll drink it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just took a big "sip" to confirm. Yes! Much more piney than citrus. Good call. You've had it. It's decently delicious

Yeah, I thought that one was an okay IPA. I do tend to favor citrus hops over pine though so that may be why I think it's just okay.

Did you settle on a recipe?

Yeah, I got the ingredients for the recipe you referenced. I'm excited/nervous to brew it as it is my first high gravity AG brew.

I'm drinking a Zwickel from Urban Chestnut. These guys truly know how to make some great lagers. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395360323.898880.jpg

About to drink some beer and was starting to think about a sour project I thought about doing. I forgot about it when my house flooded and fixing that was my top priority. Last year, my brother-in-law gave me this 60 gallon plastic food grade conical.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395360700.390039.jpg
New, never been used, just needs to be cleaned from sitting for a couple years. My plan was to brew enough to fill it, pitch sacch and wild yeast, brett, dregs, etc. Then after a while, pull 5 or 10 gallons off to age on various fruit, oak, or whatever, then brew and top it back off and continue the cycle. Thoughts?

About to drink some beer and was starting to think about a sour project I thought about doing. I forgot about it when my house flooded and fixing that was my top priority. Last year, my brother-in-law gave me this 60 gallon plastic food grade conical.View attachment 187250
New, never been used, just needs to be cleaned from sitting for a couple years. My plan was to brew enough to fill it, pitch sacch and wild yeast, brett, dregs, etc. Then after a while, pull 5 or 10 gallons off to age on various fruit, oak, or whatever, then brew and top it back off and continue the cycle. Thoughts?

That sounds awesome!

Yeah, I got the ingredients for the recipe you referenced. I'm excited/nervous to brew it as it is my first high gravity AG brew.

I'm drinking a Zwickel from Urban Chestnut. These guys truly know how to make some great lagers. View attachment 187245

I guessed I would end up with 65% efficiency on mine (normally 75-79% average), after coming up way short, re-sparging and boiling for ~5 hours I ended up at 1.114. I figured if I split the grain bill and did 2 mashes, my efficiency wouldn't suck as bad. My math was screwed up somewhere :/
Pitch a ton of yeast, add oxygen and look out for a massive blowoff. I put 3gal in 2 separate 6.5gal buckets, the krausen was up about 13" on both buckets. If you don't have a oxy setup, pour it back and forth between 2 fermenters about 18 hours after pitching the yeast.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395361242.055542.jpg
All of the work is worth it, I only wish I had more. Time to plan a brew-over

About to drink some beer and was starting to think about a sour project I thought about doing. I forgot about it when my house flooded and fixing that was my top priority. Last year, my brother-in-law gave me this 60 gallon plastic food grade conical.View attachment 187250

Give it to me. You're not big enough for that type of equipment.

I actually never had regular version.
It's smooth. Lots of dark fruits, chocolate. Tasty.

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395361596.362009.jpg

Not bad. I think the last Enjoy By was better. But this has a heavy dank nose with a strong citrus backbone. Right up my alley. Damn good and I am always amazed at how clear their beer is.

I guessed I would end up with 65% efficiency on mine (normally 75-79% average), after coming up way short, re-sparging and boiling for ~5 hours I ended up at 1.114. I figured if I split the grain bill and did 2 mashes, my efficiency wouldn't suck as bad. My math was screwed up somewhere :/
Pitch a ton of yeast, add oxygen and look out for a massive blowoff. I put 3gal in 2 separate 6.5gal buckets, the krausen was up about 13" on both buckets. If you don't have a oxy setup, pour it back and forth between 2 fermenters about 18 hours after pitching the yeast.
View attachment 187252
All of the work is worth it, I only wish I had more. Time to plan a brew-over

Assuming my brew goes decently, I'd love to do a swap when mine is complete. That is, if you have some left still. :) I still haven't decided 100% but I think that all of it is going to get the chili, vanilla, cocoa nib, and cinnamon but I think I may do half with bourbon soaked oak chips. I've never made anything with bourbon in it so I'd like to try and I think it would be cool to compare the two versions.

This uconn game is gonna be close

Nothing against UConn but I want a St Joe v Villanova tourney game. Those fans HATE each other. Only problem is 'Nova already smoked them by 30 earlier in the season.

I have Villanova in the title game in my bracket.

Sorry, Fuzzy, he started it.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

First of the SN variety pack. I could definitely start drinking these well before noon. :D
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395362378.669085.jpg

UConn is killing me. Where's my beer!

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Assuming my brew goes decently, I'd love to do a swap when mine is complete. That is, if you have some left still. :) I still haven't decided 100% but I think that all of it is going to get the chili, vanilla, cocoa nib, and cinnamon but I think I may do half with bourbon soaked oak chips. I've never made anything with bourbon in it so I'd like to try and I think it would be cool to compare the two versions.

I wish I had more, I only got to keep 4 bottles (3 are already gone) from the batch, the rest was for groomsmen's gifts for my buddy's wedding. Each guy got 1 bottle for the wedding and 1 bottle for their anniversary.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395362852.247830.jpg
The c&c 750's looked great, I wish I had a pic with the labels on them.
I will be making it again soon.

I wish I had more, I only got to keep 4 bottles (3 are already gone) from the batch, the rest was for groomsmen's gifts for my buddy's wedding. Each guy got 1 bottle for the wedding and 1 bottle for their anniversary.
View attachment 187272
The c&c 750's looked great, I wish I had a pic with the labels on them.
I will be making it again soon.

You are an awesome friend haha. Well, if mine is good I'll hold onto one until your next batch is done OR you should go get the ingredients tomorrow and we can brew it on Saturday at the same time lol.

I am envious cannot get nugget nectar anywhere around here, my cousin is coming down next week from Wisconsin and bringing me some beer but cannot get NN....

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Latest posts

Back