What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1392088613545.jpg

You didn't miss the post. I didn't win anything and I don't know my scores since I had to leave before the awards ceremony. Hoping to get my score sheets back this week, but last year it took like 2.5 - 3 weeks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

You forgot mention drinkin beer with me! :tank: I didnt even know you were a participant. I thought you were just judging. What did you enter into the comp?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392089162.081455.jpg
My homebrewed Rye Stout secondaried on French osk soaked in Rye Whiskey. It is terrific its everything I hoped it would be. I Get the rye whiskey, a bit of smoke and bit of oak its a wonderfully complex stout that will only get better with a bit of age. Self back pat.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just found out that Oskar Blues is now being distributed to Minnesota. That started on the 8th. Some bourbon to celebrate.

Just found out that Oskar Blues is now being distributed to Minnesota. That started on the 8th. Some bourbon to celebrate.

All of a sudden Oskar Blues is in every liquor store, grocery store and carry out in my corner of Ohio

HB IPA
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392093633.276218.jpg

Dry hopped this with a mix of the last of my homegrown hops (cascade, centennial and chinook). Smells good, but It's kind of a hoppy mess taste-wise.

Traded a friend a batch of beer for a Megalodon tooth this past weekend. I only kept 3 bottles from the batch, just to check its progression...one 12oz and two 22oz. I opened the 12oz a little over a week ago. Last night, my friend opened one an said he really liked it. He requested Hefe, so that's what I brewed...my first. I'm drinking one of the 22oz bottles now. Head poured waaaay up, but eventually settled. The classic clove and banana flavors are there...banana coming up a little and the clove, while very prevalent, is not harsh at all. I'll definitely brew this one again! By the way, I called this one "Great Weisse Shark" and I used as many Dogfish Head Brewery bottles as I could round up. My friend was impressed! :eek:)

DSC04166.jpg

IMAG2504_1.jpg

Traded a friend a batch of beer for a Megalodon tooth this past weekend. I only kept 3 bottles from the batch, just to check its progression...one 12oz and two 22oz. I opened the 12oz a little over a week ago. Last night, my friend opened one an said he really liked it. He requested Hefe, so that's what I brewed...my first. I'm drinking one of the 22oz bottles now. Head poured waaaay up, but eventually settled. The classic clove and banana flavors are there...banana coming up a little and the clove, while very prevalent, is not harsh at all. I'll definitely brew this one again! By the way, I called this one "Great Weisse Shark" and I used as many Dogfish Head Brewery bottles as I could round up. My friend was impressed! :eek:)

Lets see the Megalodon tooth!!! I love that kinda stuff

I almost got megalodon confused with mastodon (Mammoth), which I can get all day long up here in the arctic. Kinda funny cause I was just talking about getting a Mammoth tooth from a co-worker today. Can also get different types of ivory, fossils, and all kind of fur up here too. Oh well, back on topic. Just had a 21st ammendment Sneak Attack Saison, followed by a Brew Free or Die, followed by an Oskar Blues Scotch Ale. Gotta love a "bush order" when living in a damp town. It's the only way to get good beer in this place.

Sent from an igloo 35 miles north of the Arctic Circle.

Forescast for Weds here is now 4" to 6" of snow. You'd think it was 4" to 6" of volcanic ash with a chance of nuclear fallout and radiation. I doubt it's going to snow unless the storm suddenly moves North 200 miles, but the forecast says otherwise. Either way, I'll probaby get a brew day out of it. Maybe I'll stop at the grocery to get pictures of the empty bread and milk shelves later.

Time for coffee!

Cup of tea, I am out of coffee here at work.

Last night I had an Abita Turbodog followed by two Sweetwater 420's. I was kinda unimpressed by the 420's. almost no hop prescence and the bottle says to drink by April so it should have still been fresh.

Sly fox route 113 ipa... A soon as i smelled it i knew i wouldn't like it... As i try more and more beer I've noticed i can tell by the smell if i will like it or not... I'm gonna try and look up the recipe... Maybe its the yeast

I like some of their brews, mainly the Belgian and English styles, but don't care for their IPAs either. I think they try to blend West Coast IPA with English IPA and end up with a muddled mess.

Forescast for Weds here is now 4" to 6" of snow. You'd think it was 4" to 6" of volcanic ash with a chance of nuclear fallout and radiation. I doubt it's going to snow unless the storm suddenly moves North 200 miles, but the forecast says otherwise. Either way, I'll probaby get a brew day out of it. Maybe I'll stop at the grocery to get pictures of the empty bread and milk shelves later.

Time for coffee!

They have us down for over 24 hours of snow starting late tomorrow night. I am sick even thinking about Thursday. :(

Water before I take the kid to school for his band rehearsal. At least their open again - two whole days in a row! :)

I almost got megalodon confused with mastodon (Mammoth), which I can get all day long up here in the arctic. Kinda funny cause I was just talking about getting a Mammoth tooth from a co-worker today. Can also get different types of ivory, fossils, and all kind of fur up here too. Oh well, back on topic. Just had a 21st ammendment Sneak Attack Saison, followed by a Brew Free or Die, followed by an Oskar Blues Scotch Ale. Gotta love a "bush order" when living in a damp town. It's the only way to get good beer in this place.

Sent from an igloo 35 miles north of the Arctic Circle.

I might trade a batch of brew for a mastodon tusk. No idea where I would put it tho.

What a g@me!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I wasnt sure if they had it in them after the huge game with Texas. They seem to be clicking now!

They doubled production capacity last year when they opened in North Carolina and appear to be going national.

http://oskarblues.com/press/oskar-blues-brewery-aggressive-2014-new-markets/

water - while i get the kids in bed, then onto a beer of some kind...

I hope they come here then, we are so damn close!

Nice beer and TV selection! :D

Drinking water. Glad I didnt end up in aggieville last night or this morning would have been a lot worse.

That is rad.

Coffee here. There is something in my chimney. I am too afraid to open the flue. :( It is rattling and of course my doggy is scared.

Make sure not to start a fire in that fireplace until you have a chimney sweep come out and clear it. Seriously, it's dangerous. You can have carbon monoxide backing up into your house or a fire start up in the chimney when the birds nests, etc. catch fire.

Make sure not to start a fire in that fireplace until you have a chimney sweep come out and clear it. Seriously, it's dangerous. You can have carbon monoxide backing up into your house or a fire start up in the chimney when the birds nests, etc. catch fire.

Of course. I don't use it actually. It's a pre-fab fireplace and it doesn't exactly work very well. I do have a chimney sweep come out every spring, even though I've used the FP maybe 6 times in 3 years. I do that just in case there is something in there and for $110-$150, my mind is at rest.

FWIW, I also have dry vent duct cleaning done once a year too. :) I'm alone here, I can't really risk being a total *******.

Forgot to add that I'm drinking Bawls. I've been up since 3AM and the caffeine just wasn't doing much to wake me up so I'm sending in lots of guarana for support!

Forgot to add that I'm drinking Bawls. I've been up since 3AM and the caffeine just wasn't doing much to wake me up so I'm sending in lots of guarana for support!

I had no idea that still existed on the market. Did you have to go straight to Think Geek for it?

Water. Took a late shower.

Water. We were supposed to turn on a big feature in one part of the country today, but out 3rd party partner isn't ready. So they've decided to postpone until Thursday. I guess the geniuses that make these decision don't listen to weather forecasts. :smack: Oh well, I doubt the 3rd party partner will be ready by then either so I'm sure it will get pushed again...

Back