What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the response to Platinum. Apparantly adding a little carmel malt to Bud or Miller makes them "extra premium" Theres also a new Busch variation coming out.

Isn't it supposed to be 'bourbon flavored'?

Anyone tried a Bender or Coffee Bender clone?

Vanilla lemongrass kombucha
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392160239.729509.jpg

No. From what I've read, a couple stupid beer writers (ie not beer writers, but writers in other areas being forced to write beer pieces for major news outlets) screwed up and said that, and then other stupid beer writers didn't fact check it and just spread it around further, when as far as I know, Miller has come out and said "no it doesn't taste like bourbon and it's not supposed to".

I thought I saw that. They geared towards guys (platinum was marketed to women largely) But without barrels which I dont see them using its gotta be a horrible artificial flavor.
Edit: No lol

No. From what I've read, a couple stupid beer writers (ie not beer writers, but writers in other areas being forced to write beer pieces for major news outlets) screwed up and said that, and then other stupid beer writers didn't fact check it and just spread it around further, when as far as I know, Miller has come out and said "no it doesn't taste like bourbon and it's not supposed to".

Well then I guess it's just gross and not so gross I have to try it. That's a relief.

What kind of water are you using?

Spring water, always. I did use tap just recently with my M.A.D.E. Beer and actually think it is good.

But here's the extract recipe. Added the extract 10 min before flame out. Honey went in at flameout. 2 ounces of sweet orange peel at 10 minutes then fermented for well into the 7th week on those peels. I think it's an extract taste. I am going to rebrew for sure. I've packaged a couple bottles to TN Gabe and someone else. Maybe they'll tell me what they taste. Not terrible, just kind of sweet is likely what I have there. If you want a couple bottles, I'm happy to ship once payday hits.

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 6.27.34 PM.jpg

Number 3 and 4 while finishing up
Season 2 of American horror story!!View attachment 178757View attachment 178759

Is it me or do you only drink really good, hard to get beer and homebrew? Which may or may not be really good :D

When do you session a 6 pack of SNPA or something? :tank:

Drinking a harpoon long thaw white IPA. My brother bought a 6 pack when he was here. Still 4 left in the fridge...not feeling it but im
Just drinking beer to help pass out after a long 24 hour shift.

That must be a relief, or maybe you like that beer? I was hoping for Petrus Pale with cherries, but that's not even close.

it was good, but I don't think I'll buy it again. I wouldn't turn my nose up if it was given to me.

having my Lower Brow IPA. I think it needs rye, tone down the bittering a little, and bump the MO a little more.

Is it me or do you only drink really good, hard to get beer and homebrew? Which may or may not be really good :D

When do you session a 6 pack of SNPA or something? :tank:

Drinking a harpoon long thaw white IPA. My brother bought a 6 pack when he was here. Still 4 left in the fridge...not feeling it but im
Just drinking beer to help pass out after a long 24 hour shift.

Haha, I mix a few regulars in here and there. I guess my regulars may seem hard to get to others.

I make a coffee bender clone using a ripped off and slightly tweaked Bender clone recipe from NB. It's most excellent :D

Are you using aromatic, C60, special B, oats, and chocolate malt?

MO base, .5 c45 and .25 victory instead of c60, the rest is the same. 8oz cold steeped coffee added at packaging. I'm going to use 1968 next time and up the IBU a bit.

Spring water, always. I did use tap just recently with my M.A.D.E. Beer and actually think it is good.

But here's the extract recipe. Added the extract 10 min before flame out. Honey went in at flameout. 2 ounces of sweet orange peel at 10 minutes then fermented for well into the 7th week on those peels. I think it's an extract taste. I am going to rebrew for sure. I've packaged a couple bottles to TN Gabe and someone else. Maybe they'll tell me what they taste. Not terrible, just kind of sweet is likely what I have there. If you want a couple bottles, I'm happy to ship once payday hits.

It sounds like an extract flavor to me, not everyone is sensitive to it but I know I am. I would be happy to sample if you want.

A quickie IPA I did three weeks ago. 2.5 gallon batch to help fill in during this cold winter and I needed an IPA so a stovetop batch was born. I didn't even record the recipe, just winged it, heavy c hops.
Cloudy and not fully carbed but very fresh! I'm happy, on my third.

IMG_1673.jpg

Helles, surprised to see it carbed up nice after a week on the co2... tastes great so far.

2014-02-11 19.34.16.jpg

Back