What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No beer tonight, Sailor Jerry's and water

ForumRunner_20111223_173105.jpg

A few from Bell's, only because I gotta harvest the yeast in order to get new stock after ~2 years of repitching....but somebody's gotta do it.

122311215146.jpg

Nothing on tap right now. But picked up a sixer of Three FLoyds Alpha King last night.
Tomorrow I'll enjoy a bomber of Stone Smoked Porter.

alphaking.jpg

Surly Furious. Christmas Present to me.
Next up Tallgrass Oasis.
Then I will probably hit the homebrew hard.

I randomly stumbled upon a Stone Ruination IPA at the liquor store in TN while buying a Christmas gift for my father. Will crack it open tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Anchor Porter. first time with this brew for me, and i really like it. it was too sweet to begin with, but after a few sips it's very nice.

Okay partial quote from my post in "Who's brewing this weekend"

I opened a bottle of Fish Tale organic IPA and it smells just like a bag of hops, I thought for sure I wouldn't like it. OMG its fantastic. it tastes just like it smells but for some reason its different then the standard bag of hops smell....or maybe I'm just becoming use to it. Thought that doesn't quite make sense cause its not just okay, its great!!!

But now I'm not sure if I've just become hop saturated or what. While my wort is cooling I went to throw together a quick bite to eat. I have left over shredded chicken for tacos, tortillas and guac. I swear the guac tastes like hops.

2 gal of EW Apfelwein. MIL, BIL, et al loved it with the apple juice ice cubes...

Drunk...Mrs. Clause had to drive the sleigh home from her mom's house tonight...

2 gal of EW Apfelwein. MIL, BIL, et al loved it with the apple juice ice cubes...

Drunk...Mrs. Clause had to drive the sleigh home from her mom's house tonight...

EdWort Apfelwein got you too, huh? happy travels and I will see you on the other side of Oblivion.

Right now I'm drinking a lawnmower ale. But when I get back from the BMW Motorcycle rally in N.Florida (in January) I'm gonna set up a batch of EdWorts' Apfelwein -that stuff sounds downright delicious. I like hard cider, I should love this stuff.

Sipping some Highland park 12 to round out the night...Good, mildly peaty, single malt. It's been a good Christmas. I even got along with the in-laws <shudder>...;)

Latest posts

Back