What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Not great either.
uploadfromtaptalk1391563565930.jpg

Popped the first bottle of a little solera sour project, composite age of 28 months at bottling in December. There is a lot going on that I like, but this first glass has a faint hint of diacetyl that I hope fades. :(

This sucks, just kicked my keg of stout, the other tap is dry too. I'm tired and it's cold where the kegarator is so I don't feel like swapping them out.
So it's only fitting;)

IMG_1555.jpg

Boston Lager, by the liter
Lager.jpg
I know a lot of people here give Samuel Adams a hard time, but I love Boston Lager, always have. Plus they have done a lot for craft beer and I appreciate that.

This sucks, just kicked my keg of stout, the other tap is dry too. I'm tired and it's cold where the kegarator is so I don't feel like swapping them out.
So it's only fitting;)

Drinking the same. So I'll just piggy back on your pic.

Thats its?! We got a foot and its still snowing.

I have a feeling you are pushing it all this way with all that hot air :ban: im sure its more but I have not been outside to check. Wish I could have brewed today too.. no ingredients tho.

Off subject tho.. anyone ever think to do a nation wide brew day.. everyone brewing all at once same time same day. Same beer?..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I have a feeling you are pushing it all this way with all that hot air :ban: im sure its more but I have not been outside to check. Wish I could have brewed today too.. no ingredients tho.

Off subject tho.. anyone ever think to do a nation wide brew day.. everyone brewing all at once same time same day. Same beer?..

You should put something like that together. Pick a saturday or sunday sometime in late spring this year, and start a thread for others to join. Id swap brews with you after!

You should put something like that together. Pick a saturday or sunday sometime in late spring this year, and start a thread for others to join. Id swap brews with you after!

That is the coolest part of it. If you are in a club or swap beers it is amazing to see how different brewers with the same recipe will turn out completely different beers!

Rebel Ipa from Mr. Samuel Adams, only because its chilled down unlike some various homebrew I just put in and because its about all I have besides some Ruthless that every year seems to inspire me less anymore. Something a little about the Rebel, is its character is more about dryness and its strong bitter. Almost a bit hot/ kinda cidery at times. And oddly reminds me of Bells Midwest pale ale-but I like Bells a lot more. Thought I was beginning to like it more but has some things about it that underwhealm me as an ipa. Will be the only sixer I may ever get of it, I would drink one occasionaly though. Decent ipa but not six pack worthy depending on the circumstances.

That is the coolest part of it. If you are in a club or just swap beers it is amazing to see how different brewers with the same recipe will turn out completely different beers!

That is the coolest part of it. If you are in a club or swap beers it is amazing to see how different brewers with the same recipe will turn out completely different beers!

My point exactly. I know about national hb day.. but swapping of the same beers brewed with the same recipe would be the. Maybe organize it on nhb day.

Home brewed chocolate milk stout. Still a little young and not fully carbed. But it's getting there and it's pretty tasty.

Drinking it out of my new glass from a friend. He designed the logo and hand etched it into the pint glass for a Christmas present.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391568538.952055.jpg

Home brewed chocolate milk stout. Still a little young and not fully carbed. But it's getting there and it's pretty tasty.

Drinking it out of my new glass from a friend. He designed the logo and hand etched it into the pint glass for a Christmas present.

Very nice! That's a great present :mug: I want to learn how to do that right now.

I did that.... Once. Imoved to bombers for large batches after that. Kinda kegging now. Will also try the bread recipe.

Had a nukey brown while cooking, now a GF IIPA with eggs and kale.

None of this is stuff I'd want kegged. I have an obscene number of 750s. First batch I did in about half 750s and half assorted smaller bottles, mostly 330s. It's a dark sour that's north of 9% so I didn't want to go all big bottles. Next up is a red sour blend. I'll probably do about 1/2 & 1/2 again, but for batch three I'll be out of stronger small bottles.

Popped the first bottle of a little solera sour project, composite age of 28 months at bottling in December. There is a lot going on that I like, but this first glass has a faint hint of diacetyl that I hope fades. :(

Pshaw. It's only been what, six weeks, eight at most? I'm sure that's just a little bacterial diacetyl and the brett will get around to cleaning it up.

Is there any bread/cereal/cheerio whatever you want to call it? I'm debating blending some younger beer tonight that still has that. It will kick back up in the bottle regardless, just not sure I want to age bottles until it goes away if I use beer that still has that character.

Back