What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To stay on subject. Drinking my winter wonder ale. I really need to re-brew this It was a 3rd placer after all. :D I'll do a 10-gallon batch since this is a recipe that I do like and it was something others seemed to favor.

Double in size in 15 minutes? What'd the recipe call for, a half cup of yeast for two loaves? Hopefully you're waiting a little longer proved fruitful.
1 tbl spoon actually.
It's salt, sugar, shortening (1 tbl spoon, 2 tbl spoon, 1 tbl spoon respectively), hot water (boiling) cold water, add rehydrated yeast, 5-6 cups all purpose flour. Let rest in bowl for 5. Put on cookie sheet, let rest for another 5. Spread out etc etc, egg bath, in 170º oven for 15, crank up to 400 for 15-20 min, then down to 350 for another 10.

Dunno if it works but this second go at it (first batch were bricks and now garbage) the dough nearly doubled in size in 15 min at 170º. I am using rapid yeast but it didn't call for that.
Here's the link if he hasn't reposted it for you already.
Thank you :)
Hahaha. . I wrote one up on here... do I sense sarcasm in you text? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457561

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app
No, honestly, I the link you had posted in reply to me the other night was dead. Now I have it. Thank you!

Breaking in my new glass. Alway wanted this glass
3usavetu.jpg

sent from the abyss with Bill Murray.

This tastes like poop after having that Hi-Res.

It tastes more like an ESB. My tastebuds have to adjust.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391555591.984244.jpg

1 tbl spoon actually.
It's salt, sugar, shortening (1 tbl spoon, 2 tbl spoon, 1 tbl spoon respectively), hot water (boiling) cold water, add rehydrated yeast, 5-6 cups all purpose flour. Let rest in bowl for 5. Put on cookie sheet, let rest for another 5. Spread out etc etc, egg bath, in 170º oven for 15, crank up to 400 for 15-20 min, then down to 350 for another 10.

Dunno if it works but this second go at it (first batch were bricks and now garbage) the dough nearly doubled in size in 15 min at 170º. I am using rapid yeast but it didn't call for that.

That recipe is turrible sumthin fierce!!!!!

Try this one next time. It's got my money back guarantee. ;) If you get into baking bread, get the book it's taken from at your local library. IMO by far the best introductory book on home bread baking.

In your interest of so called topicality, had some oolong. It's about beer thirty though. Almost done santizing enough bottles for 15 gallons.

That recipe is turrible sumthin fierce!!!!!

Try this one next time. It's got my money back guarantee. ;) If you get into baking bread, get the book it's taken from at your local library. IMO by far the best introductory book on home bread baking.

In your interest of so called topicality, had some oolong. It's about beer thirty though. Almost done santizing enough bottles for 15 gallons.

geez-o-pete! overachiever much?

Congrats, hooligan. I'm getting up to grab another beer and toast to that.

Just found out my divorce is settling out of court. Celebratory beverages will be consumed in weekend-ish quantities tonight.

Married by a priest, divorced by a judge and consoled by beer. You should only do one of three things again. Congrats! :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391559662.733607.jpg
Yeah, it's a shaker pint, but thought i'd bust out the club glass to get me through the first carboy.

I'm still trying to find a replacement for my double french loaf pan. Was teflon coated,but got caught in a flooded basement(?!). It was sorta "M" shaped. I used to like making braided French loaves with poppy seed on them for holidays at family get togethers. The loaves came out like 18-20 inches or so.

Try googling "Chicago metallic nonstick dual French loaf pan" and see what pops up!

Mother in law 'said throw a party when I'm gone'. At the Blues game with the entire family. Drinking Bud Select...it came with the party box

Sick glass.

Thanks! Found them for $1 at albertsons. I'm a cheap ass

You need some good beer to celebrate!

I agree 100%. Don't have anything phenomenal at my place, it's mostly in my cellar at my other brewers house due to lack of space here. Abrasive is on deck though and I may end the night and make tomorrow suck by cracking a BCBS... I have a few humidors I need to raid as well I think.

Thanks TN, much respect for your baking so I'll try that recipe. Mine wasn't bad though, I swear.

Drinking a brown shugga. I hope I have one more because I want to do a clone and want to taste test.

Hopslam sold out in two hours. They started selling at 1. It really pisses me off for some reason. I don't want to chase this beer but I want to try it.

Thanks TN, much respect for your baking so I'll try that recipe. Mine wasn't bad though, I swear.

Drinking a brown shugga. I hope I have one more because I want to do a clone and want to taste test.

Hopslam sold out in two hours. They started selling at 1. It really pisses me off for some reason. I don't want to chase this beer but I want to try it.
You didn't miss much imo. It's good but is overhyped and overpriced...

Great pale ale which i believe is all simcoe or at least a strong dose. I did an all simcoe IPA so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391562868.367222.jpg

Superimposed pic. Floccit. My HB coffee stout. Smacked.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391563096.683599.jpg

Not as amazing as I was expecting but not terrible either.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391563201.055590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back