What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a chipotle pepper imperial stout that I am calling Fire Breathing Dragon. I know chipotles aren't that hot, but I thought it was a good name, plus the smokiness plays into it as well. Based on some calcs using my pre-boil gravity, it should come in right around 9.3% ABV. :rockin:

Cool man. I brewed a saison that will be 100% Brett fermented. I was shooting for a OG of 1.054 but got 1.069. :drunk: 90% efficiency. The best I ever had and now it'll be stronger than planned lol. I want this mild to be below 4%

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389552300.257344.jpg

Cool man. I brewed a saison that will be 100% Brett fermented. I was shooting for a OG of 1.054 but got 1.069. :drunk: 90% efficiency. The best I ever had and now it'll be stronger than planned lol. I want this mild to be below 4%

Yeah, mine was only supposed to be 1.087 but somehow I got like 87% efficiency so now it's going to come in at 1.091 after the boil. That saison sounds like a beer I would like to try. Good luck with your mild. Hope it comes out how you want it to.

DisturbdChemist said:

That sounds like the saison should be great! Are you 100% brett fermenting the mild as well?

Any idea how that happened? Or is the :drunk: emoticon the explanation?

That sounds like the saison should be great! Are you 100% brett fermenting the mild as well?

I might be in the future this one will be just with wlp002 standard English yeast. I'm planning to do a lot of Brett beers in the near future.

Any idea how that happened? Or is the :drunk: emoticon the explanation?

I have a few theories. One I rinsed the grains really well. Better than previous and also I had acid malt which brought the pH down and the enzymes probably worked better. I'm messing with water chemistry right now and pH will be the next step.

Yeah, mine was only supposed to be 1.087 but somehow I got like 87% efficiency so now it's going to come in at 1.091 after the boil. That saison sounds like a beer I would like to try. Good luck with your mild. Hope it comes out how you want it to.

I'm sure it will. This will be my 4th time brewing this and keeps getting better. Once these are ready we can do a hb trade. I still have to get with wes to try your hb you left.

Went for a run and had some chai after. Might end up bottling my ginger beer tonight if the wife ends up having to work. Also need to rack my accidentally infected blackberry cider off the blackberries before we move in a couple weeks.

I had a Hoegarden, a Sam Adams Boston Ale & a Frankiskaner Weissbier. A very nice evening. The past week depression & stress got the better of me and I drank specifically to avoid the cloud hanging above my head. Tonight my mood has lifted and I drank to enjoy the beer.

Latest posts

Back