What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging the "wine" glass. :D
Coffee. I am thinking I need to go sneak some time in here this morning and bottle at least one carboy of beer. I am running out of time to have it carbonated by Christmas. :(

You're certainly running out of time to have it carbonated and conditioned.

Drinking the random combination of whatever coffees the cafeteria here had left. Some Texas Pecan, Guatemalan, Columbian and French Vanilla, I think. Still tastes terrible.

Is Sun Devil Liquors worth what would be a ~90 mile trip for me?

I haven't been to Sun Devil in a very long time so I honestly can't say what their current selection is like, I normally go to Tops Liquor in Tempe and they have some real gems if you look, last time I went I found some '08 Avery Samael. Anything in particular you are looking for?

Edit: Apprently Tops and Sun Devil are owned by the same person so I would expect similar selections. I used to live in Surprise and I am not personally aware of any comparable shops on the West side.

I haven't been to Sun Devil in a very long time so I honestly can't say what their current selection is like, I normally go to Tops Liquor in Tempe and they have some real gems if you look, last time I went I found some '08 Avery Samael. Anything in particular you are looking for?

Thanks and nothing other than a better selection than is available on the west side.

Edit: Exactly.

Finally got home. More coffee. Such a crappy week and even more of a crappy day today. Sat in my car for over an hour til it cooled before I could drive back home this morning. I was only 3 miles away. Overheat. Piece of crap.

Finally got home. More coffee. Such a crappy week and even more of a crappy day today. Sat in my car for over an hour til it cooled before I could drive back home this morning. I was only 3 miles away. Overheat. Piece of crap.

Sorry to hear that man, sounds like you need some scotch to go with that coffee.

The bmw did this?!

Nah - Audi. BMW is my friend's, remember?

I haven't eaten breakfast. But I am about to jump into a beer. This week has SUCKED.

Nah - Audi. BMW is my friend's, remember?

I haven't eaten breakfast. But I am about to jump into a beer. This week has SUCKED.

The only thing I remember was that you posted a picture of that m3 when you were on vacation, I thought it was yours tho :drunk:

Just finished pressure-washing some oil off of the driveway. So much left. What a headache. I'll make for a nice hockey rink in about an hour or so considering it's only 18F outside. View attachment 165643

finsfan said:
The only thing I remember was that you posted a picture of that m3 when you were on vacation, I thought it was yours tho :drunk:
Incorrect. That was my buddy's M5. I didn't marry a 28-yr. old dentist, he did. Lucky him.

Hello my pretties. Another successful lunchtime beer run! Last 2 on the shelf. Of course I had to repack my whole suitcase in the HEB parking lot, but whatever.

More beer than I like to pack in one bag, between this and the JK bottles I already had in there. Going to be a nervous flight today.

image-3165204388.jpg

Hello my pretties. Another successful lunchtime beer run! Last 2 on the shelf. Of course I had to repack my whole suitcase in the HEB parking lot, but whatever.

More beer than I like to pack in one bag, between this and the JK bottles I already had in there. Going to be a nervous flight today.

At least you found them. I want to find Funk Metal and Ol Oi but its unlikely to find them here even though i'm next town over. I'm thinking of traveling after christmas but i do not know where. Thinking New Orleans -> Florida maybe. Vanilla and prairie noir is coming out soon.

Drinking water back at work, I thought I was about to have to give a lady CPR. Walked outside to go back to work and saw a lady passed out by her car, ran over there where another man arleady was and she came to crying and couldnt get up. Apparently she has a heart condition and is pregnant, got dizzy while driving so she pulled over and fell out of her car. She's in the hands of EMTs now thank goodness. I havent done CPR in years, bout to google it to brush up on techniques. Probably would have been bad to do CPR with her heart condition. Im just glad she was ok.

Drinking water back at work, I thought I was about to have to give a lady CPR. Walked outside to go back to work and saw a lady passed out by her car, ran over there where another man arleady was and she came to crying and couldnt get up. Apparently she has a heart condition and is pregnant, got dizzy while driving so she pulled over and fell out of her car. She's in the hands of EMTs now thank goodness. I havent done CPR in years, bout to google it to brush up on techniques. Probably would have been bad to do CPR with her heart condition. Im just glad she was ok.

Great job running over to help ... around here too many people would look the other direction and keep on going (pretending they didn't see anything.)

I'm still on water (stupid work) but am stoked that someone on Beer Forum is going to be my mule for the Bruery Preservation Society membership. First batch will be Rueuze, Shegöat and Black Tuesday! :mug:

Great job running over to help ... around here too many people would look the other direction and keep on going (pretending they didn't see anything.)

I'm still on water (stupid work) but am stoked that someone on Beer Forum is going to be my mule for the Bruery Preservation Society membership. First batch will be Rueuze, Shegöat and Black Tuesday! :mug:

Indeed. Great job, finsfan.

While I was stranded this morning for about an hour and a half on a side road in the woods, about 50 total cars passed by and about 10 stopped to ask me if I was OK. That's the kind of stuff I like about living in small-town America.

The world needs more people like this.

Indeed. Great job, finsfan.

While I was stranded this morning for about an hour and a half on a side road in the woods, about 50 total cars passed by and about 10 stopped to ask me if I was OK. That's the kind of stuff I like about living in small-town America.

The world needs more people like this.

Thanks guys. I was just concerned I would have to do CPR and hadnt done training for that since high school. After a quick googling, I am refreshed and surprised how simple it really is.

http://depts.washington.edu/learncpr/quickcpr.html

D@mn Remmy! You smelting iron ore in that fire?! :D

I wish. It's only 72F in the living room (where the fire is). 67F upstairs in the bedrooms. I better get this entire house to 70F by 5 o'clock or it's going to be a PITA getting it up to temp considering it'll be even colder tonight!

I've been burning wood like a mad man. Burned 1.5 cords so far this season. I have another 8-10 cord split. Hope I don't run out. It sucks having to pay for oil.

finsfan, they trained me on this at my last job. We had received a defibrillator and a rep from the company had "coached" us on CPR. Was always afraid of the "it's possible you can crack someone's ribs" part. But it has to be gratifying to know you've saved a life if you need to perform CPR.

finsfan said:

Glad she had the sense to pull over. CPR is very easy, that's why it works so well.

mcbaumannerb said:
Great job running over to help ... around here too many people would look the other direction and keep on going (pretending they didn't see anything.) I'm still on water (stupid work) but am stoked that someone on Beer Forum is going to be my mule for the Bruery Preservation Society membership. First batch will be Rueuze, Shegöat and Black Tuesday! :mug:

Well that's going to get expensive rather quickly.

image-2321277081.jpg

Lunch time! Thought the bread was a little small for sammiches, so eggplant parm with an egg and toast. New glass I got last night. It's got an etched hop cone for nucleation.

Staring to think I've got a glass problem.

image-2707321725.jpg

Mostly that I'm going to have buy something to put them in soon.

Glad she had the sense to pull over. CPR is very easy, that's why it works so well.

Well that's going to get expensive rather quickly.

View attachment 165662

Lunch time! Thought the bread was a little small for sammiches, so eggplant parm with an egg and toast. New glass I got last night. It's got an etched hop cone for nucleation.

Staring to think I've got a glass problem.

View attachment 165663

Mostly that I'm going to have buy something to put them in soon.

You do not have a glass problem. I do. Did you see the glass collection i have? It keeps on growing.

DisturbdChemist said:
You do not have a glass problem. I do. Did you see the glass collection i have? It keeps on growing.

Not that I recall. I'm under 4 dozen still....

1, only 1 Dales Pale. I have prospective tenants coming by to look at my upstairs and I want to be on the top of my game for it. Wish me luck, the extra mortgage help would definitely be helpful.

1, only 1 Dales Pale. I have prospective tenants coming by to look at my upstairs and I want to be on the top of my game for it. Wish me luck, the extra mortgage help would definitely be helpful.

Make sure they dont ask weird questions and also make sure they will not be going all heizenburg on you, other than that they should be fine :D

Back