What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im jealous of your beer than. I havent even been able to try Furious or any Surly yet.:mad: That is on my brewlist someday, you use a kit or a clone recipe? Congrats on you first successfull allgrain, I say it sounds like a great accomplishment. I always brew solo and pretty early, in fact I preferr to do it when my family is gone also,even my cats- I put them in a room to keep their floaty DANDER away from my beer.

Thanks! It wasn't my first AG, but the first one without any help. Usually I brew with a buddy that assists with lifting and other various bs activities.

If you'd like some Surly I'd be happy to send you some. Just PM me. I'd love to try some Toppling Goliath.

Velvet Merlin. Magical.

image-1616334297.jpg

Remmy said:
Homer beer!

Good plan. I'm gonna do the same. Two kids is enough. Be careful. Hahahaha

I hear you bro we have two kids in the house already. Me and her. Thats plenty. :D :mug:

You werent digging the autumnation eh? Im a fan of the mosaic hops. This is the first beer ive had thats used them exclusively. Dont let this years stop you from trying next years. I think they use a different hop every year.

And yea homer beer was good tonight.

Ok. I have had enough food and beer to admit my ignorance. And I have not been able to figure it out enough following this thread for several weeks. Homer beer is what exactly? Or at least narrow it down for me a bit. Store bought? Boring? Cheap beer?

DrunkleJon said:
Ok. I have had enough food and beer to admit my ignorance. And I have not been able to figure it out enough following this thread for several weeks. Homer beer is what exactly? Or at least narrow it down for me a bit. Store bought? Boring? Cheap beer?

Home-r

Thanks! It wasn't my first AG, but the first one without any help. Usually I brew with a buddy that assists with lifting and other various bs activities.

If you'd like some Surly I'd be happy to send you some. Just PM me. I'd love to try some Toppling Goliath.

I wish I could get that yet, maybe soon. I may drive there some day, its kinda a haul really and an unexplored territory I havent been to yet. Believe me Ive been scouting out all peramiters for it. Sounds like it will be hitting stores more locally maybe in the future.

It's a beer produce locally or in your home town. Plus drink a crap load to consider yourself a homer

DrunkleJon said:

Homer beer is any beer you drink if you are from the state or local area where the beer is made. If youre from ny like i am and one drinks any ny beer that makes one a homer. Just a running joke the guys started making fun of some guy who lasted about 30 minutes in this thread.

Non homer beer in my homer glass. :D

image-4030214967.jpg

image-2069434417.jpg

Gotcha. I saw the reference to the guy who 'coined' it. Just missed the rest. Thanks for the clarification. I kinda felt like the guy asking what SWMBO means.

Last Dale's then to bed. Tomorrow is my Friday!

Dave37 said:
I hear you bro we have two kids in the house already. Me and her. Thats plenty. :D :mug: You werent digging the autumnation eh? Im a fan of the mosaic hops. This is the first beer ive had thats used them exclusively. Dont let this years stop you from trying next years. I think they use a different hop every year. And yea homer beer was good tonight.

Solid beer but I am not into harvest ales much. I had picked up a 4-pack about a month ago because I was curious. I'd say 3.5/5.

Dave37 said:
Homer beer is any beer you drink if you are from the state or local area where the beer is made. If youre from ny like i am and one drinks any ny beer that makes one a homer. Just a running joke the guys started making fun of some guy who lasted about 30 minutes in this thread. Non homer beer in my homer glass. :D

Thanks for explaining this. I'm too buzzed to explain stuff.

Remmy said:
Solid beer but I am not into harvest ales much. I had picked up a 4-pack about a month ago because I was curious. I'd say 3.5/5.

Thanks for explaining this. I'm too buzzed to explain stuff.

Thats cool. Different strokes fo different folks. Im pretty buzzed myself. Been working like a fiend lately. This mad elf will
Be my nightcap/ sleeping pill.

Yo nuke how was that devestatetion ale u had the other night? Popped it in The fridge earlier today. Gonna crack it soon.

Thats cool. Different strokes fo different folks. Im pretty buzzed myself. Been working like a fiend lately. This mad elf will
Be my nightcap/ sleeping pill.

Yo nuke how was that devestatetion ale u had the other night? Popped it in The fridge earlier today. Gonna crack it soon.

It was pretty good. Didn't blow me away, but then again, the style as a whole doesn't do a whole lot for me, so take that with a grain of salt. If you really enjoy the style I think you will really enjoy this beer.

nukebrewer said:
It was pretty good. Didn't blow me away, but then again, the style as a whole doesn't do a whole lot for me, so take that with a grain of salt. If you really enjoy the style I think you will really enjoy this beer.

I really enjoy a couple examples
Of the style. Green flash hop odyssey and wookey of course. They are both awesome imho if youve never tried them. Hopefully ill be able
To add this to my list of great black ipas.

A growler of a collab between New Belgium and Cigar City. Some Belgian beer with ancho chilies or some such stuff. Clubmate gave it to me in exchange for a ride. It's not terrible, but it's really all over the place. I wouldn't pay for it.

Qhrumphf said:
A growler of a collab between New Belgium and Cigar City. Some Belgian beer with ancho chilies or some such stuff. Clubmate gave it to me in exchange for a ride. It's not terrible, but it's really all over the place. I wouldn't pay for it.

I saw that on the shelf the other day. I didn't give it a second look. Didn't sound too appealing.

Nice. I've two of those in the kegerator. Now then, this was a pleasant surprise. Dare I say it? Yup, yum!

I've got 3 more in the beer fridge. I was considering using some for trade ammo but I don't think I will be able to part with them...

Count me in on the caffeine club...parents used to keep the Sears&Roebuck stove-top pour-over aluminum pot on the back burner all day. I grew up drinking coffee when my friends were drinking Kool-Aid and sodas. There's never a bad time for coffee...unless it's decaff.

Not entirely true :) *edit* - drinking coffee on this frigid morning.

Time and place for decaf.png

Qhrumphf said:

I hear they went with Lips of Faith for the series after the marketing department vetoed 'People will buy anything so why bother brewing test batches'. New Belgium is such a disappointment. Largest wooden fermenter capacity in US by a long shot and none of its good.

mcbaumannerb said:
Not entirely true :) *edit* - drinking coffee on this frigid morning.

What's your brewing setup? Drip machine or something else? Got your Event Horizon last night. No Olde Hickory glasses to be found, though. You going anywhere for holidays or can I ship whenever?

I hear they went with Lips of Faith for the series after the marketing department vetoed 'People will buy anything so why bother brewing test batches'. New Belgium is such a disappointment. Largest wooden fermenter capacity in US by a long shot and none of its good.

What's your brewing setup? Drip machine or something else? Got your Event Horizon last night. No Olde Hickory glasses to be found, though. You going anywhere for holidays or can I ship whenever?

I buy whole bean (Kona, Costa Rican or Ethiopian usually) and grind a days worth. Then I use that in the basket of the Keurig. Thanks for scoring the Event Horizon! We stay in for Christmas so whenever is fine. Santa may be paying you an early visit tomorrow. ;)

I buy whole bean (Kona, Costa Rican or Ethiopian usually) and grind a days worth. Then I use that in the basket of the Keurig. Thanks for scoring the Event Horizon! We stay in for Christmas so whenever is fine. Santa may be paying you an early visit tomorrow. ;)

Damn it! You thoughtful, considerate bastard! You were supposed to quit sending me stuff til I got at least one box out to you.

Back