What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, Carton brewing Boat beer, I had it at the brewery, little place on the Jersey shore and enjoyed it, they where draft only at the time, first time I saw it in a can so I bought it, interesting but I'm not sure.
Fish you may get one as a bonus.

If thats the case, I got an interesting one to send you :D

2013-12-11 18.51.25.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Cats are f-n di(ks. Lucky that it was only empties but f them anyways. Drinking this while giving them the stink eye.

I almost shot my f'ing dog today.

Drinking the first slightly carbonated glass of my IPA from my keg. It's been 3 days at 12psi and it is starting to carbonate. And actually I'm on the second 8oz glass and beginning to notice a buzz. This is going to be one great beer. I thought the first time I brewed this it was my best ever, and this second batch is just as good.

14lb 2-row
1lb Crystal 20L
2oz Magnum at 60min
1oz of Centennial at each 30, 10, 1min
2oz of Citra dry hop in 2ndary for 2 weeks
1056 yeast in a 2liter starter
Mashed at 154 in BIAB
OG 1.070, FG 1.012

CliffMongoloid said:
More autumnation from six point...what an average beer

FTFY

I poured two 20-oz. cups of water. I am sitting on the couch after many beers and I am feeling it.

nukebrewer said:
You pick that up recently? I haven't been able to find any for the last 3 weeks.

I bought two 4-packs on Saturday. My local store stashes them behind the counter for me. They get a two-case minimum.

You live too far. Ha ha!!!!!

SHHHHHHHHH! no

What I know my beers lol

She pissed her f'ing bed. She's 14. I had walked her 1/2 hr. prior. Pisses me off.

Lucky my cats are good. They only do that If they lock themselves in in a room. That sucks especially if you already walked her

I bought two 4-packs on Saturday. My local store stashes them behind the counter for me. They get a two-case minimum.

You live too far. Ha ha!!!!!

I was down your way on Saturday and stopped in at Coastal Wine and Spirits looking for some after the keg kicked at NEBCO right in front of my face.

HB Black Hole Oak Aged Chocolate Vanilla Bourbon Imperial Stout. Still needs to age out some of the alcohol heat, but it's coming together very nicely.

20131211_201000 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

JAOM. Now, this is my first time drinking it. Does the cinnamon age out? I'm at 5 months now, and it still tastes a bit too cinnamon-y. It's definitely drinkable and it looks beautiful.

Having my first month bottled JAOM as well :mug:, although it was just a mini tester with a bit of water added to almost fill the rest of the 7oz bottle up from the last remains of the bottle bucket. Mine was good, think I noticed the cinnamon most also, most people seem to complain about the pith bitterness at first from the orange which mellows out also. Mines pretty good to go,but I can see it getting better with age- I hope. Im hoping more of the honey character will come out if the spices fade some. I would say its pretty reasonably good to drink young though for a mead. Its definalty one I want to share around Christmas.

DisturbdChemist said:
Having this on a Wednesday for the hell of it. What are you going to do about it? 2012

I'm not going to do anything about it. I'm just glad you got to it before your ******* cats did.

I'm enjoying this:

image-1505181.jpg

Interesting how my taste for stouts has changed over the past year.

My Furious attempt next to the real thing. Really turned out well for my first solo AG attempt. Who knew that brew day is actually easier and a lot smoother without any help!?

Very similar taste and mouthfeel with a much better aroma and finish on mine. Overall, I think mine is better. This is an empowering moment.

IMG_7378.jpg

Too dark for pic. 5$ celebration pints and some nicer pint glasses to take home.

TNGabe said:
Too dark for pic. 5$ celebration pints and some nicer pint glasses to take home.

Are they meant for taking? Or you've decided they are?

Austin Battle Axe. Nice Imperial Red.

image-3824339542.jpg

CliffMongoloid said:
More autumnation from six point...what a solid beer

Yea man!! finishing up my fourth pint of it at the bar for about what a 4 pk costs in store. )$3 dollar local draft night.) Awesomeness. :rockin: heading home to wrap some presents with a mad elf and the missus. Then ill probably unwrap the missus as my present for the evening. :D

My Furious attempt next to the real thing. Really turned out well for my first solo AG attempt. Who knew that brew day is actually easier and a lot smoother without any help!?

Very similar taste and mouthfeel with a much better aroma and finish on mine. Overall, I think mine is better. This is an empowering moment.

Im jealous of your beer then. I havent even been able to try Furious or any Surly yet.:mad: That is on my brewlist someday, you use a kit or a clone recipe? Congrats on you first successfull allgrain, I say it sounds like a great accomplishment. I always brew solo and pretty early, in fact I preferr to do it when my family is gone also,even my cats- I put them in a room to keep their floaty DANDER away from my beer. They dont mind really, they just nap and say whatever and probably laugh at us humans that need to put forth effort to do anything to exist.

Im jealous of your beer than. I havent even been able to try Furious or any Surly yet.:mad: That is on my brewlist someday, you use a kit or a clone recipe?

brutha, listen close... while I laugh manically!!! muwahahahhaa!!! another sip of my Surly Coffee Bender? don't mind if I do! muwahahaha!!!!

BGBC said:
Are they meant for taking? Or you've decided they are? Austin Battle Axe. Nice Imperial Red.

Nope not glass stealing drunk, it's a promotion here.

FermentNEthinG said:
Toning it down a little. Have to plan a 11 gallon batch of Flanders red-ish for tomorrow.

Whatcha pitchin?

I used to drink my granny's cowboy coffee black when I was a kid. everyone else needed cream (real cream) & sugar. it's amazing that I can taste anything. hahahhaa!!!

Count me in on the caffeine club...parents used to keep the Sears&Roebuck stove-top pour-over aluminum pot on the back burner all day. I grew up drinking coffee when my friends were drinking Kool-Aid and sodas. There's never a bad time for coffee...unless it's decaff.

Dave37 said:
Yea man!! finishing up my fourth pint of it at the bar for about what a 4 pk costs in store. )$3 dollar local draft night.) Awesomeness. :rockin: heading home to wrap some presents with a mad elf and the missus. Then ill probably unwrap the missus as my present for the evening. :D

Homer beer!

Good plan. I'm gonna do the same. Two kids is enough. Be careful. Hahahaha

Well, I drank so much today, reading these forums makes me nauseous.

Damn that is awesome. BTW, if you can get to Triangle Wine right this second you can get some rare bruery beers, their sours. I cannot get there right now so I'm likely going to miss out. They also have some stone limited releases.
I note you're close to me so I figured I'd pony up that info.

Gaaah! Had family over for dinner and then out to buy the Christmas tree...I appreciate the tip, though!!!

Back