What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20131004_230024.png

All this sour talk makes me thirsty.

What do you think? If I still expected anything NB makes to be good, I'd have been very dissapointed after all the hype on these interwebz.

Drinking a wheat wine, because at this point, 5 hrs of sleep isn't any better than 4.

Ditto with TNGabe. I hope I can find this.

Having lots and lots of skeeter lol

Its good stuff. Not the best sour I have had, but very good especially from NB. Almost wish it had more of a long lasting souriness to it, its kind of short lived. Mango and almost like an apple crispness to it, smells kind of peachy. Doesn't have has strong of dry hop smell to it, this could be from an older bottle though (no date on it). Good beer and worth checking out if it hits your area.

Second pour here, listening to the thunderstorm and rain as it pours.

Don't have any of my own beer ready to drink yet, unless you count the two bottles of 'American Style Light Beer,' left over from the Mr. Beer kit that got me started on brewing my own. But I'm getting there....

At the moment I'm drinking a Shock Top Belgian White. It's not bad, especially considering I only paid $7.07 plus tax for a six pack. But you know anytime someone brags on the label that their product is flavored with something, they'll have put enough of it in there to make damn sure you notice it. Which means they'll have put too much....

I'll admit I haven't really noticed the coriander; it plays its supporting role properly in the background. But the dried orange peel is trying to hog the limelight, instead of being an ensemble player.

On the coffee. I have to work at midnight tonight, so I'm staying up for a while and watching Hell on Wheels. Ah, the life of a railroader...

Can't wait for a coffee. Meeting up with some friends for a hike, then sampling some brews, including a coffee IPA we all brewed together a while back.

On the coffee. I have to work at midnight tonight, so I'm staying up for a while and watching Hell on Wheels. Ah, the life of a railroader...
I do not envy your work schedule.

Oi, perhaps barely wine night wasn't such a good idea......

Gatorade for my dome piece.
Barley Wine Night is always a good a idea! just don't try to be super tough & beer bong it...

I did that yesterday. I picked up some American oak chips for my Whiskely Stout to brew next Saturday when a fermenter opens up. I was on my way out when I found "Great Lakes Brewing News",so I picked up a copy.
Mt wife got me a cup of coffee this morning,dunkin donuts glazed jelly donut flavor. Yum. So I'm drinkin that,& while bootin up the computer,I purused the lil newspaper. Somwhere in the middle was road maps with the craft breweries shown on them for the surrounding states. There food & beers also,with ads for the breweries too. You guys gotta get this one. Issue volume 18,number 5.

More coffee going over some of the beer I'll be trying today.
1) Monkswood - Bourbon Barrel Aged Blend 2) Abyss - Jack Daniels Barrel Aged Dark Wheat Ale 3) Sour Wanda 4) Whiskey Rooster - Whiskey Barrel Aged Big Red Coq 5) Devastation - Barrel Aged Double IPA 6) Olympus - Barrel Aged Saison 7) Contemplation Barrel Aged with Brettanomyces 8) Barrel Aged Black Hand 9) Barrel Aged Triomphe 10) Wizard Burial Ground -Barrel Aged Hubris 11) Barrel Aged Sgt. Peppercorn 12) Two Princesses - Barrel Aged Perdition 13) Love Shadow - Barrel Aged Plow Horse 14) Liam & Me - Wine BA Zaison 15) Acrimonious - Sour 16) CASSANDRA 17) Gingers Are Weird -Contemplation w/fresh Ginger 18) BB Enkel -Blueberry Basil Belgian Single...and more! surprises for the day of...
:rockin:

NIZZLE said:
1) Monkswood - Bourbon Barrel Aged Blend 2) Abyss - Jack Daniels Barrel Aged Dark Wheat Ale 3) Sour Wanda 4) Whiskey Rooster - Whiskey Barrel Aged Big Red Coq 5) Devastation - Barrel Aged Double IPA 6) Olympus - Barrel Aged Saison 7) Contemplation Barrel Aged with Brettanomyces 8) Barrel Aged Black Hand 9) Barrel Aged Triomphe 10) Wizard Burial Ground -Barrel Aged Hubris 11) Barrel Aged Sgt. Peppercorn 12) Two Princesses - Barrel Aged Perdition 13) Love Shadow - Barrel Aged Plow Horse 14) Liam & Me - Wine BA Zaison 15) Acrimonious - Sour 16) CASSANDRA 17) Gingers Are Weird -Contemplation w/fresh Ginger 18) BB Enkel -Blueberry Basil Belgian Single...and more! surprises for the day of...

I bet your going for the Coq first, aren't you. :p

All I see here is wood aged coq.

Hey that coq has wood!

Latest posts

Back