What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyzipper's savagely beat 25 people at a retirement home. He was convicted, but is appealing because he claims he's innocent.
Just a warning, I may have been on medication and drunk when the original story was told. So I may not have any of the facts correct....
:p

That's actually surprisingly accurate, except that it's not.

It's really not all that exciting. I'm traveling with my company in OKC at Tinker AFB and was denied entrance based on a past record from when I was 19. I'm 33 now. It's been some time since, but it matters not to the military, so I'm appealing that decision. I have to appeal to the Base Commander. Anyone here have any experience with interacting with an military base commander?

edit: Come to think of it Wes, I think you are mixing me up with NUZZLE. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of his incident in that nursing home...;)

It's really not all that exciting. I'm traveling with my company in OKC at Tinker AFB and was denied entrance based on a past record from when I was 19. I'm 33 now. It's been some time since, but it matters not to the military, so I'm appealing that decision. I have to appeal to the Base Commander. Anyone here have any experience with interacting with an military base commander?

Go to his office and do 100 push-ups, they like that kinda thing :D

edit: Come to think of it Wes, I think you are mixing me up with NUZZLE. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of his incident in that nursing home...;)

I'm the Navy, so I don't have any direct experience with AF folk, but I do know that every commander is different and only meeting them once you're pretty much going in blind concerning their temperament. My advice would be to just walk in being nice and respectful, don't act all pissed even though I know you are. Hopefully he/she is a reasonable person and will understand that an isolated incident from 14 years ago doesn't mean diddly squat now.

image-3281836448.jpg

Smacked. Another heady.

Mad Dogz IPA from the Burnside Brewery just up the road.

ForumRunner_20130920_183810.png

Despite the stupid name it's pretty good, fuggles and goldings. Just checked the bottle and it's 3.8%, so waaay down compared to the style (even for a UK interpretation which are often a bit weaker than US IPAs anyway). But still surprisingly robust for the low abv - I would have guessed it was a fair bit stronger. Could make a good session beer.

tyzippers said:

I was pretty close, except, instead of savagely beating 25 people you were denied access to an AFB. Tomato, tomahto.
:D

I just got these from a buddy at work. I will put them in the kegerator when I get home, and probably split them with SWMBO tomorrow night. The Mountain Brew, he said, is the cheapest nastiest beer he's had, and the Shiner Bock I hear good things about. They are both beers that we can't find here in Maine.

0920131213.jpg

I just got these from a buddy at work. I will put them in the kegerator when I get home, and probably split them with SWMBO tomorrow night. The Mountain Brew, he said, is the cheapest nastiest beer he's had, and the Shiner Bock I hear good things about. They are both beers that we can't find here in Maine.

shiner is the cheap beer down here lol. i enjoy it from time to time. won gold last gabf:rockin:

We all know what my REAL total is! I am also filing an appeal on this! :fro:

Sorry ... members of this thread traded away the right to appeal (for a warm sixer of SNPA if I recall.) Your only option to to go to binding arbitration. Unfortunately for your, the arbitrator is one of the top five thread posters :D

I like the chances of the Browns having a 1,000 yard rusher this year over your appeal. :fro:

mcbaumannerb said:
Sorry ... members of this thread traded away the right to appeal (for a warm sixer of SNPA if I recall.) Your only option to to go to binding arbitration. Unfortunately for your, the arbitrator is one of the top five thread posters :D

I like the chances of the Browns having a 1,000 yard rusher this year over your appeal. :fro:

As the top poster, all appeals go through me. Don't you forget that! ;)

Oh wow. Yeah they're *****ers on bases like that but hopefully the BC will understand.

I'm contemplating a beer. I'm in a foul mood.

nukebrewer said:
Dave37's hoppy brown ale. I didn't think I was too buzzed to give a review that did this brew justice, so here goes. Given the color it has pretty good clarity, a bit of chill haze/possible dregs got in. It has a great hop aroma, smells like Cascade or Centennial maybe? Flavor is hop forward with a good bit of malt, but not enough to overpower the hops. Medium-light body accentuates the hops but lets the malt roll in to balance it out. It's basically a brown IPA a la Hop Karma from Terrapin. Well done!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/9832162134/
Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Cool man glad you enjoyed it. I haven't even tried the wheat yet. Hope it doesn't suck. I bottled a gallon of it and racked the other 4 gals on top of some raspberry purée. The fruit beer was the main goal but I wanted to see how the wheat stood on its own legs.

Glad you liked the brown though. :mug:

Cheers

I'm the Navy, so I don't have any direct experience with AF folk, but I do know that every commander is different and only meeting them once you're pretty much going in blind concerning their temperament. My advice would be to just walk in being nice and respectful, don't act all pissed even though I know you are. Hopefully he/she is a reasonable person and will understand that an isolated incident from 14 years ago doesn't mean diddly squat now.

I thought you were in some form of military nuke. It all makes sense now. Do you deal with nuclear propulsion for the vessels or the...other thing?

Anyway, I kind of figured that I could be walking into a **** storm depending on the Commander's level of "too bad for you...you're just a lowly civilian" personality. This guy has apparently been a BC for three years. Two at Edwards and one at Tinker. So, I don't know. If there's one thing I know it's how to be very professional in the face of a sh!tty situation. This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. Hopefully he's a family man.

Oh wow. Yeah they're *****ers on bases like that but hopefully the BC will understand.

I'm contemplating a beer. I'm in a foul mood.

Surprisingly, the MP that informed me of the disposition of my initial request was quite respectful, unjedgemental, and showed the utmost discretion. I was shocked. He certainly didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy though. Some of those guys don't have a sense of humor that they're aware of. Funny thing was that I think I was more intimidated by the two female MPs at the desk than the males. Of course the one 6'5" female was wearing a sidearm. The rest weren't. I was a bit surprised given the situation at the Naval Base in DC.

Then perhaps you should contemplate multiple beers? :mug:

It is probably terrible to openly say I'm in a foul mood and therefore, I intend to drink. :eek: Ah well. When in Rome...or Raleigh. :D

My hefe homebrew. Of the 5 people I have shared it with, one finally told me today that it was good. I think it needs improvement because of the fermentation temps but I'll take praise anywhere I can get it.

In celebration of my next week in Chicago…
hefehome.jpg

It is probably terrible to openly say I'm in a foul mood and therefore, I intend to drink. :eek: Ah well. When in Rome...or Raleigh. :D

My hefe homebrew. Of the 5 people I have shared it with, one finally told me today that it was good. I think it needs improvement because of the fermentation temps but I'll take praise anywhere I can get it.

In celebration of my next week in Chicago…

I hope you don't kill someone in Chicago fooooooking place is a goddamn joke but anywho enjoy!!!!!!! :rockin:

Back