What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first foray into both westbrook brewing and a gose. Almost a wine like aroma with it being so tart and the salt definitely come through well. Pretty cool beer. Tasty.

Pic:

image-1397451848.jpg

image-3286059335.jpg

Making what is hopefully the best pad Thai I've ever made as soon as wifey gets home. The new Asian grocery nearby has really stepped it up since I went in right after they opened.

Next time you're in AVL, check out Lee's Asian Market on Hendersonville Rd. They've got everything.

Now drinking nukes Critical Mass imperial red. Man this thing has some cabeza! The aroma immediately into the glass had some citrusy fruity hopped aroma and some alcoholic aroma. While i let the head settle some and it warmed the aroma became more malty.

I love the flavor on this. Malty, sweet, spicy and for an imperial style the alcoholic content of which i don't know the amount is not very detectable. Another clean easy drinking beer from Nuke. Nice job again man. A great way to start my buzz off tonight.

Thanks, man. It's 10.5% ABV. It was inspired by Nugget Nectar and I didn't really mean to go that much bigger than it, but I had crazy high efficiency that day.

Still running this stupid homework marathon. Please kill me now. Pecan Pie Ale.

CameraZOOM-20130919223436980.jpg

Another New Belgium Rampant IIPA. Long day back to work, so won't even post a sideways picture. It's good though. Would I offend if I described it as a Resin Lite?

Thanks, man. It's 10.5% ABV. It was inspired by Nugget Nectar and I didn't really mean to go that much bigger than it, but I had crazy high efficiency that day.

Curious since we've been talking about glasses.

Those Sam Adams glasses, does anyone else find them incredibly cheaply made? I've broken at least 6 of them.

allenH said:
This is from a place with 10 seats in the bar, and an outside area that's pretty small. I'm pretty sure I will end up there tomorrow, I will take some pics of the space.

You guys rock! Thanks!

BGBC said:
On the plane! Woo! Get me home! Gonna be a late night.

Safe travels.

Leubega said:
Putting these away while dinner heats up

Nice! How's the Green Monster?

Channel66 said:
And this is the darkest beer I have right now. Fuzzybottoms midnight maple wheat recipe

Yeah, that glass looks good with any beer. Allagash knows what they're doing.

chef273b said:
Next time you're in AVL, check out Lee's Asian Market on Hendersonville Rd. They've got everything.

Will do. Had been going to Sunshine whenever we were in Knox.

image-804620611.jpg

Don't know what ya'll head for dinner, but jealousy may be appropriate.

Channel66 said:

Those Sam Adams glasses, does anyone else find them incredibly cheaply made? I've broken at least 6 of them.

I bought a 4 pack of them years ago from the brewery's website. They seem pretty thick compared to others I've bought. They're all still in perfect condition. Now my Sierra Nevada IPA glass, on the other hand, seems paper thin and I'm super careful with it for fear I might break it.

I bought a 4 pack of them years ago from the brewery's website. They seem pretty thick compared to others I've bought. They're all still in perfect condition. Now my Sierra Nevada IPA glass, on the other hand, seems paper thin and I'm super careful with it for fear I might break it.

Aren't you the same guy who bragged about never breaking a hydrometer or am I misremembering?

HB Proper English. Only like my 3rd drink this week....damn diet. But after this week Im goin back to regular consumption: mug:

ForumRunner_20130919_230602.jpg

HB Proper English. Only like my 3rd drink this week....damn diet. But after this week Im goin back to regular consumption: mug:

View attachment 149215

I've cut out junk food so I can keep drinking too much and not have smaller hombrewers orbiting me in Grand Rapids next year. When you go to the conference next year, it's a good motivation to lost a few pounds.

I've cut out junk food so I can keep drinking too much and not have smaller hombrewers orbiting me in Grand Rapids next year. When you go to the conference next year, it's a good motivation to lost a few pounds.

Ha! Ive done the junkfood thing too. Just we wanted to see what the difference would be. But all the stuff in the house is lo cal this and that. Drastically cut calories and fat along with more bike riding. Why motivation? Everyone beanpoles last year?

TNGabe said:
Aren't you the same guy who bragged about never breaking a hydrometer or am I misremembering?

That would be me.
And it wasn't so much bragging as just wondering how others manage to break so many of them.

Ha! Ive done the junkfood thing too. Just we wanted to see what the difference would be. But all the stuff in the house is lo cal this and that. Drastically cut calories and fat along with more bike riding. Why motivation? Everyone beanpoles last year?

Believe it or not, there are a lot of obese homebrewers. :eek:

Tried to cut out most processed stuff, not just junkfood. Anything lo-cal or diet is probably even worse for you.

Yes I am. Thank you

You need to ditch the basic hydrometer and get a set of precision hydrometers. If you don't break them they are a great investment.

Definitely. Ill keep my eye out for them Austin homebrew had a set for sale earlier in the year.

nukebrewer said:

10.5% wow man very smooth for such a high abv. Great job!

Drinkin some smutty nostral brown ale.

image-4124132722.jpg

Not a big fan of the regular, but this was on deal for $14 at the grocery store and I think I have found a new addiction. This will be used in some sort of oak aged imperial porter in the next few months

ForumRunner_20130919_205908.jpg

What the hey, it's a 2011 kind of night. My favorite DuPont, better than Avec Bon Vous or anything else they make IMO.

image-4234033428.jpg

They seem fine to me. They appear to be thick as far as beer glasses go and empty they still have a decent heft to them that doesn't make me scared they'll break if a feather touches it.

You need to ditch the basic hydrometer and get a set of precision hydrometers. If you don't break them they are a great investment.

Ever since I read Sean Terrill's article on refractometers in the July/August issue of Zymurgy I have taken to using my refractometer for all my gravity readings, both pre- and post-fermentation. Apparently he developed an equation that is much more accurate than the current one floating around. It seems to have worked well for my last couple beers.

Glad everyone else has gone to bed. Wouldn't take much encouragement to get another cellar beer and I know I've had enough for tonight. Drinakbility is the most important attribute in a good beer IMO.

Each of the last three beers I've had tonight is so much better than the US crap beer geeks get so excited about, but don't tell anybody. Think this an 09.

image-477698232.jpg

Course they don't like George Jones neither.

I think I've seen that in a few stores before, but I've never had it. Would like to try it.

It needs to age. Stille Nacht is possibly better. If the cap has no date, it's 2009 or earlier which is likely in a lot of store. If there is 9% ABV and no date, it's 09. No 9% it's older and it probably sucks and you should just send it to me. :drunk: If you want to nerd out, here's a link. Probably the most ignored brewery IMO. I like it that way. I'd hate to see another great brewery get Cantillon syndrome. Beer was way more fun when no one gave a $hit.

2 in the am, jeebus. Good thing I'm drinking this at an alarming rate and then going to bed.

Still up but not drinking. Just landed, still have to catch a ride home. Probably shouldn't have any more beer tonight as I'm getting some blood drawn tomorrow. Er, in a few hours.

Back