What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the last of your confit pork belly earlier as a snack. What's the spice? I want to say nutmeg or maybe mace? Subtle whatever you used. I think I mentioned I have a few nice pieces of belly from the last pig in the freezer still. I've got a salt cured ham hanging in the cellar, but I'm not so sure about it. It's probably time to unwrap it and see what I've got, but I've been scared to find out I messed it up.

Ha ha. It's the star anise. Like the Spanish Inquisition, no one expects it. How long has the ham been hanging? Cut the mold off, and it'll be fine.

Had a line cook in Greensboro who would drop Parliment's Greatest Hits in the tapeplayer when he walked in the door. Yeah Maggot Brain. And the dude was an old Dead Head. Got turned onto Parliament in college in 1983.

Back to the thread, a cold Bass. Why not?

They played it mid set. It was the highpoint of the night. Even though I got to drink free beer, said beer was bud light. And its cold as fook. I know I shouldn't complain,
But damn, bud light sucks.

Smells like joy, tastes like happiness.

image-55136710.jpg

Ha ha. It's the star anise. Like the Spanish Inquisition, no one expects it. How long has the ham been hanging? Cut the mold off, and it'll be fine.

I usually associate anise with overpowering, at least that's my excuse. Killed the pig in November, knocked the salt off and moved it to the fridge early December.

Last of the Odd Side Ales Citra Pale Ale, just wrapped up 5 gal brew of Cream of 3 Crops with the fiancee. She made it all the way without getting frustrated or bored, she was pretty hands on and hit our numbers spot on. Shes excited for the Scoby you guys are sending Gabe so she can get started on her own stuff. I think this may mean more time in the lhbs :rockin:

ForumRunner_20130913_235536.jpg

Last of the Odd Side Ales Citra Pale Ale, just wrapped up 5 gal brew of Cream of 3 Crops with the fiancee. She made it all the way without getting frustrated or bored, she was pretty hands on and hit our numbers spot on. Shes excited for the Scoby you guys are sending Gabe so she can get started on her own stuff. I think this may mean more time in the lhbs :rockin:

View attachment 148062

That's great! Last time I went to my LHBS, I bought more stuff for my wife than for me. She got a case of blue flip top 1/2 litres and a turkey baster for her 'Buch, all I got was my umpteenth better bottle. Of course I 'need' to stop and get another BB tomorrow. Don't look at my last post, it won't help your cellaring efforts.

Don't do it. The difference between 1 yr and 3 yrs is profound. I think Oerbier ages better than anything except maybe Stille Nacht. I've become slightly obesessed with the brewing process. He used to use Rodenbach's house blend, but now I believe blends a small lacto fermented portion with a straight sacc portion, although he also employs a coolship. Nothing like it.

Well crap, I've almost talked myself into staying up later than I already have and drinking an Oerbier for 'research purposes'.

You got some good beer waiting for you.. Especially my basket case

Yes there are. I had your ipa. I like it. The smell is really nice but its lacking in the taste imo. I like the malt forward ipas bitni think this needs a little more bitterness to even out. It might be old/loss stuff in the bottling bit over all I enjoyed it. No signs of alcohol. Good job

Channel66 said:
Went to tim hortons lucky no-one died on my drive over. Sweet sweet nectar.

What happened to the quad quad challenge last night?

What happened to the quad quad challenge last night?

3 in I left the 4th on the table "warming up" and passed the fook out, maybe those scotch ales weren't a good idea to start off the night.

I've got more of each vintage maybe I'll do a serious vertical later on

Don't do it. The difference between 1 yr and 3 yrs is profound. I think Oerbier ages better than anything except maybe Stille Nacht. I've become slightly obesessed with the brewing process. He used to use Rodenbach's house blend, but now I believe blends a small lacto fermented portion with a straight sacc portion, although he also employs a coolship. Nothing like it.

Well crap, I've almost talked myself into staying up later than I already have and drinking an Oerbier for 'research purposes'.

More importantly - did you talk yourself into converting your fridge into a coolship? ;)

All about Tired Hands today. And possibly a growler fill of Gandhi this afternoon before the Bama/TAMU game.

Back