What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First ever Firestone Walker brew. Tasty stuff

beer.jpg

And another reason I despise PA liquor laws...

"We're sorry, the items shown in green below cannot be shipped to your state."

I pretty much knew this would be the case, but it still ticks me off :(

That sucks, man. I know how you feel, though. In CT it was that way until only very recently. I have yet to take advantage of it, though.

So, I just had a bug fly in my mouth so I am sanitizing with a glass of mead.

mcbaumannerb said:
And another reason I despise PA liquor laws...

"We're sorry, the items shown in green below cannot be shipped to your state."

I pretty much knew this would be the case, but it still ticks me off :(

Yep. I like PA and at the same time despise it. At least you're on the good beer side if the state. It's about the only use I have for Philly. ;)

Billy-Klubb said:
can you guys buy beer on Sundays?

I think that law has changed so that we are, unless places are just selling food to get around that law. I'm probably wrong tho.

Remmy said:
Hell yeah we can (I'd say for a yr now).

Apparently I was right the first time.

Edit: our grocery stores are selling beer now by putting in a cafe and applying for a liquor license. You have to pay separately tho. Unless you're in my Podunk town, you have to pay separately, but then have to take the alcohol purchase directly out the cafe to your car. Can't carry it through the store while you do the rest if your shopping like every other grocer I've been to in pa.

I hate MN for that reason too. But hey, I get all Surly offerings within 5-20 minutes from my house. Usually the closet store which is five minutes away has em all. Sometimes though special stuff is a bit further drive. Closer to the 20 minute side.

Billy-Klubb said:
lucky floccers. in MN, you sit in a bar all damn day & Schlitz faced but can NOT buy beer to take home.

Well, if it makes you feel better, most bars that have sixxers for take out are usually just BMC. Unless you run into a bottle shop with a bar. I like those places. I guess they're fairly common round these parts. So, I guess I haven't made you feel any better. Just drink more beer and you'll feel better. Better?

Billy-Klubb said:
lucky floccers. in MN, you can sit in a bar all damn day on a Sunday & Schlitz faced but can NOT buy beer to take home.

In NYC, I worked at my dad's deli and we sold beer on Sunday's for as long as I can remember. Liquor stores would open at noon on Sundays, too. Never a problem there.

In CT, buying beer on Sundays is relatively new. Not sure if Nutmeggers have ever been able to legally purchase beer on Sundays.

I hate MN for that reason too. But hey, I get all Surly offerings within 5-20 minutes from my house. Usually the closet store which is five minutes away has em all. Sometimes though special stuff is a bit further drive. Closer to the 20 minute side.
we turned the wrong way out of Ren Fest & ended up in Chaska. nice looking town!

Well, if it makes you feel better, most bars that have sixxers for take out are usually just BMC. Unless you run into a bottle shop with a bar. I like those places. I guess they're fairly common round these parts. So, I guess I haven't made you feel any better. Just drink more beer and you'll feel better. Better?
it's just one of the newest reasons to home brew. not like I need another reason.

can you guys buy beer on Sundays?

Yeah ...after 10 or so. Luckily my Wegmans let's me buy my beer and then go into the store to shop. Unless I'm getting more than 192 ounces. Then I have to pay for 192, take that out to the car and come back and buy the rest? Total BS rule. I think of it every time I see nuke's signature...

Yeah ...after 10 or so. Luckily my Wegmans let's me buy my beer and then go into the store to shop. Unless I'm getting more than 192 ounces. Then I have to pay for 192, take that out to the car and come back and buy the rest? Total BS rule. I think of it every time I see nuke's signature...
at least you got Sundays. hahaha!!

mcbaumannerb said:

I recently had to do that at my giant eagle. I picked up a bunch of bombers and 750s. Turns out I was one bomber over 192. I had to pay for all but one, take it out to my car and then come back in to pay for my last bomber. Yet I can walk into my state store and buy 20 bottles of liquor and wine without anyone even batting an eye. Nuckin futz if you ask me.

I recently had to do that at my giant eagle. I picked up a bunch of bombers and 750s. Turns out I was one bomber over 192. I had to pay for all but one, take it out to my car and then come back in to pay for my last bomber. Yet I can walk into my state store and buy 20 bottles of liquor and wine without anyone even batting an eye. Nuckin futz if you ask me.

Right ... Or go to a brewery or distributor and they'll load it on a dolly to help you haul it out the door. It's all because the distributors have too much influence and don't want to let the carry-out process be simple.

tyzippers said:

What the f00k? That floccinaucinihilipilification sucks.

nukebrewer said:
It's good chit.

I am actually embarrassed to say, as a single malt guy, I had totally forgotten it was a single malt!

Excuse me while I go crawl back under my rock.

Back