What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
Looks good, man. How is it?
I'm looking forward to when my Scottish ale is finished.

It's good. Little more chocolatey this time than previous batches-- I guess because I used 2 row instead of Maris Otter.

Had to edit my post when I saw you brewed one today. :D

What is a hetero lifemate? I'm legitimately asking.

I use that term because I don't know how better to explain it. Domestic partner would be the legal term, I suppose. They're friends who've lived together since my wife was relatively young, but nothing physical. It's this weird combo of married couple, best friend, and roommate, but with zero intimacy.

TNGabe said:
I've got to say I'd take the trusty 026 over the new ones any day of the week.

I turned hillbilly not too long ago, so pardon me.

The only other Stihl I've cut with is the 311. It's a beast. My Farm Boss has a 20" guide which is great for the trees around my house. Almost 4 bhp. A 660 magnum would've been nice. :D

Having a water before bed.

Round two... fight!

Haha, I just noticed this. Same beer from, the same four pack but with a different label from the first one I posted tonight. Went back to check the four pack holder and it appears both are also on there. Weird.

20130902_211100.jpg

I use that term because I don't know how better to explain it. Domestic partner would be the legal term, I suppose. They're friends who've lived together since my wife was relatively young, but nothing physical. It's this weird combo of married couple, best friend, and roommate, but with zero intimacy.

best way to explain it right there.

Qhrumphf said:

Ok then. I understand now. Carry on!

It's also a term used quite frequently by Jay to describe his relationship to Silent Bob. I would say your definition is pretty accurate.

coldcrash said:
It's good. Little more chocolatey this time than previous batches-- I guess because I used 2 row instead of Maris Otter.

Had to edit my post when I saw you brewed one today. :D
Mmmmm......chocolaty. :D
I can't wait till mine's finished.
I used Golden Promise with a little Crystal 90 and some roast barley for color and a touch of peat malt just to give it the slightest smokiness in the background. Hopped with EKG and pitched Edinburgh Ale yeast. I have a feeling it won't last long once it's ready. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-xKUU5sWS4

Farmhouse pale ale (don't sue me!) and cacio e pepe for dinner. More of a side, but I'm lazy today.

Haha! Every time someone finds out I know that song by heart they can't get enough of listening to me sing it. Shortly after I reported to my first submarine my division mates discovered this little nugget of info. After that I probably sang the song about 20 times over the next few days because my division mates would tell people, but they wouldn't believe them so I had to prove it. I had the same situation happen with Ice Ice Baby.

WesleyS said:
Mmmmm......chocolaty. :D
I can't wait till mine's finished.
I used Golden Promise with a little Crystal 90 and some roast barley for color and a touch of peat malt just to give it the slightest smokiness in the background. Hopped with EKG and pitched Edinburgh Ale yeast. I have a feeling it won't last long once it's ready. :)

Sounds good.

Mine's pretty much straight out of Brewing Classic Styles. Maris Otter, C40, C120, Honey Malt, Light Choc Malt, and a touch (2oz for 12 gal) Roasted Barley. Hopped with EKG. Carbed to about 2.0 vols.

:mug:

Having two of my imperial stouts before I break-in my new saw!

Eh, maybe not. :D

And a page or two back, the guy was postponing a beer cause he was being cautious while brewing. Show 'em how it's done Remmy.

DisturbdChemist said:
Hello HBT. My name is Dustin and im a glassaholic. Lol the two JK at for wes and nizzle so its not too bad.

Here is my small yet expensive hall this weekend

I have alot myself my wife has them relegated to two cabinets. Not shown is my icon yellow, green and a couple others.

image-3130243783.jpg

image-3130243783.jpg

Attachments

• image-2595843132.jpg
    image-2595843132.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 92
A little homebrewed ryepa. Pretty damn good. Tastes a hell of a lot better than when it was 95 degrees with a 105 heat index.

I'm an idiot. That day I was pouring my homebrewed helles into a glass at ambient temp in the 90s and I was wondering why I had no head retention.
Plus I was pouring it from a pic I'd tap with wam lines.

Good news is I just ordered the parts to add 4 more taps to my second kegerator.(that'll make 8 taps for me). Getting ready for Octoberfest.

I will also say you can't beat rite brew for this type of purchase. I went all stainless.....the shanks alone were $10 a,piece cheaper than anywhere else.

that pisses me the foook off :mad: always something to sue over in this world i just wish breweries would work together like you said mark. :confused:

What does Vivant brew? Is it any good? Seen nothing but praise here for Tired Hands. Obvious that the suits, rather than the brewers, are involved in this BS. Unless they're the same...

DisturbdChemist said:
Hello HBT. My name is Dustin and im a glassaholic. Lol the two JK at for wes and nizzle so its not too bad.

Nice! Looks like you had a great weekend.

What does Vivant brew? Is it any good? Seen nothing but praise here for Tired Hands. Obvious that the suits, rather than the brewers, are involved in this BS. Unless they're the same...

vivant makes excellent beers just pissed that they want to sue over stupidity.

DisturbdChemist said:

On the off chance you don't have plans for all of the atrial rubicite and are interested in the pappy van winkle aged stout I'm getting Saturday, let me know ;)

vivant makes excellent beers just pissed that they want to sue over stupidity.

Eh. From what I read, it sounded like Vivant did it as a last resort. And as is always worthy to keep in mind with these things, there's that nasty fact that if a company doesn't act to defend a trademark they risk losing it.

I just blame it on the lawyers.

Drinking one of my Oatmeal Stouts, then off to bed.

I have alot myself my wife has them relegated to two cabinets. Not shown is my icon yellow, green and a couple others.

That is just what I got this weekend lol. I do have a problem lol

ForumRunner_20130902_214849.png

ForumRunner_20130902_214915.png

ForumRunner_20130902_214935.png

Nice! Looks like you had a great weekend.

I did. Expensive but fun.

foooooooking nice haul mate :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Thanks man. My wallet hated it but Im enjoying it :rockin:

On the off chance you don't have plans for all of the atrial rubicite and are interested in the pappy van winkle aged stout I'm getting Saturday, let me know ;)

Lots of people are wanting it. I do not know who I should trade it too. Guess the best offer?? Idk I had 2 glasses at jk and it was mighty tastey :). What beer are you talking about? About a 750 of pappy for it lol.

DisturbdChemist said:
That is just what I got this weekend lol. I do have a problem lol

I did. Expensive but fun.

Thanks man. My wallet hated it but Im enjoying it :rockin:

Lots of people are wanting it. I do not know who I should trade it too. Guess the best offer?? Idk I had 2 glasses at jk and it was mighty tastey :). What beer are you talking about? About a 750 of pappy for it lol.

I'm showing those pictures to my wife so she sees I'm not nearly as bad as she thinks.

DisturbdChemist said:
Glad I can help lol. I do not have a swmbo yet so no one can tell me no and when I do find one, the damage has already been done haha

Hey, you helped me out as well. I was telling my wife about your trip this weekend and showing her all the pictures you posted and how I've been wanting to do a trip like that for a while. So, she said part of my 10 year anniversary present next year I can take a beer/brewery weekend trip out to Austin, sans family. Maybe JK will be doing another special release next year and I can line it up with that.

My 2013 hoptimum. It tastes better now than the 2012,and Im buzzeder to boot. Plus I found a weird effective way to pour. Ever pour straight down the middle of the glass? It actually pours slow and creates a good frothy head. Just a new discover for me I guess,it was pretty cool to pour it straight down and it to pour so slowly.

Drinking Southern Tier DIPA and a couple GF Hop Head Red. Would the pumking be unappreciated at this point or should I hit it?

ForumRunner_20130902_232650.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Glad I can help lol. I do not have a swmbo yet so no one can tell me no and when I do find one, the damage has already been done haha

She is actually very good when it comes to my "hobby". She is also my sometimes slightly reluctant brewing assistant and has been helping me build my keezer.

DisturbdChemist said:

Barrel aged sexual chocolate

Back