What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pour 2

20130903_212652_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

dirtybasementbrew said:
Is that a DD with the straw in the drink? Or is that just a really good drink, lol

Dd might have been drinking a double jack an coke...

You guys need new friends.

Yeah what do you do he was about 2.5 hrs late and I can't even remember what his excuse was but you know what they say about excuses they are like A holes and we all have 1.

We did end up brewing the Belgian Stout and I'm hopeful it will turn out. Here are the grains he brought out (which you can see in the picture may have been a bit too much lol)

10 gallon batch

16.5 lbs 2-row
2 lbs flaked oats
1.75 lbs pale chocolate
1.5 lbs Victory
1 lb barley Flaked
1 lb crystal 75L
1 lb Midnight wheat
1 lb Cara-Pils

4.00 oz Williamette @ 60

ab413 yeast from a highly secret source on a trade ;)

Anyways back on topic here I am now drinking a glass of H2O my palate is in IPA shock right now and needs a cleanse.

IMG_20130901_145208_968 (1).jpg

IMG_20130902_220500_535.jpg

Had a few miller lites at my buddies place during our fantasy draft.... I can't complain it was free.... I got a ride with a friend and i drank 10 in 3 hours and felt nothing....weird

But i did draft a gem of a team... And by gem i mean i hate all my players

Enjoying by....again. Might as well keep filling the growlers while its still around!

rjbank said:
Your not alone!

Nice!! My good beer stash has dwindled. Been drinking the everyday stuff with a Pumking thrown in every now and then.

Anyway, I'm raising my glass to the Buccos! They've just broken their 19 year losing streak!!!! I'm stoked!!

Yeah what do you do he was about 2.5 hrs late and I can't even remember what his excuse was but you know what they say about excuses they are like A holes and we all have 1.

We did end up brewing the Belgian Stout and I'm hopeful it will turn out. Here are the grains he brought out (which you can see in the picture may have been a bit too much lol)

10 gallon batch

16.5 lbs 2-row
2 lbs flaked oats
1.75 lbs pale chocolate
1.5 lbs Victory
1 lb barley Flaked
1 lb crystal 75L
1 lb Midnight wheat
1 lb Cara-Pils

4.00 oz Williamette @ 60

ab413 yeast from a highly secret source on a trade ;)

Anyways back on topic here I am now drinking a glass of H2O my palate is in IPA shock right now and needs a cleanse.

What size cooler are you using for a mash tun? I had 22 pounds for the barley wine we did and my Igloo was only about 2/3 full.

rjbank said:
Your not alone!

Farmhouse invasion! Great beer and strangely a few bucks less than standard anchorage stuff or Mikkeller usually is, at least where I found it.

Water. But I really want a coffee. Sprint workout was ridiculous this morning. :D

What size cooler are you using for a mash tun? I had 22 pounds for the barley wine we did and my Igloo was only about 2/3 full.

It's a 10 gallon igloo from home depot.

26lbs of grain times 1.2 qt / lb = 31.2 qts = 7.8 gallons mash water. Mash tun volume needed was 10.68 according to my settings on beer smith :D and well i think it was right

edit: Also he had a bunch of rice hulls as well because of all the wheat & Oats in the grain bill.

That sucks! Did you also buy from Midwest recently?

nope, I saw that thread a while back. I also dont think id shop there anyway, I prefer Northern Brewer. It could be from bargainfittings but i also used my CC there within 4 days of using my debit card there and no fraud on the CC. I really dont know what it coulda been other then my city utility payment I made yesterday. I feel the utility is the most likely culprit as I used paypal through bargainfittings both times. Either way, I should get it all back by next week, just a pain

Headed north, drinking red bull. Allll the way north.

Don't get lost in NS.

I'm currently having a coffee as I prepare to clean my guns and replace a valve cover gasket on one of my cars. Then I'm cracking some brews open!

Channel66, the German-car lover. This one's for you, pal.

Just filled-up and saw this beauty in front of me - Audi RS7 (520 horsepower, v8 Twin-turbo). ****ing thing sounded like a muscle car.

1236224_10152215461677178_1923371552_n.jpg

Back