What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe in jinx so here it goes.
Remmy, what the fook are you doing with your hydrometer to cause it to break? What do all you hydrometer breakers do with your hydrometers? Juggle them? Use them in place of darts or a baseball bat? I've had the same hydrometer for eight years and have yet to break one.
:D

Me, I break the floating thermometers. I love when all those little lead beads drop into a 5 gal batch.

First taste of my recent batch of mosaic, amarillo, citra APA. Delicious!

image-489132106.jpg

Good to hear! What gravity are you shooting for with the imperial? A full cake of AS11 will munch it up, better be ready with the blowoff.

Edit: also, your hops look better than mine! The caterpillars moved in when I moved out, hard to keep up with the neem oil when I'm only around every few days.

OG last night was 1.078 all grains no simple sugar. Maybe feed some simple sugar in a couple of days. Massive fermentation going on 3 hrs after pitching.
Drinking a hoptimum again tonight.

ForumRunner_20130814_174657.png

chef273b said:
Me, I break the floating thermometers. I love when all those little lead beads drop into a 5 gal batch.

My floating thermometer ended up resting against my 5500 watt heating element and it melted. All the wax and little lead balls ended up in the brew keggle. Luckily it was only hearing sparge water so no beer was lost. I never replaced it. It was useless to me anyway.

So today was another terrible day at work. All our testing yesterday was undone when we realized that the metal we were testing in the furnace was not what we thought it was. It melted into a nasty mess and damaged about $25,000 of graphite heating elements.

Before:
image-4181852013.jpg

Aaaand after:
image-259163469.jpg

And another
image-1475992348.jpg

They started out as brake drums off a big rig. All 3000 pounds are now an absolute mess.

So lets hope this doesn't delay our shipping date cuz if it does, the government will probably void the contract essentially shutting our company down for good leaving me on the unemployment line. I'm not real happy tonight. So it looks like I'm back on the Yuengling. Nothing to celebrate here.

So today was another terrible day at work. All our testing yesterday was undone when we realized that the metal we were testing in the furnace was not what we thought it was. It melted into a nasty mess and damaged about $25,000 of graphite heating elements.

Before:

Aaaand after:

And another

They started out as brake drums off a big rig. All 3000 pounds are now an absolute mess.

So lets hope this doesn't delay our shipping date cuz if it does, the government will probably void the contract essentially shutting our company down for good leaving me on the unemployment line. I'm not real happy tonight. So it looks like I'm back on the Yuengling. Nothing to celebrate here.

Well that sucks @ss so your saying you didn't know what kind of metal the brake drums we're made of? :confused:

Before:
View attachment 141850

Aaaand after:
View attachment 141851

And another
View attachment 141852

Sorry man. Hope you have a good beer in hand now and everything is OK at work in the coming days. Good luck man

Before:
View attachment 141850

Aaaand after:
View attachment 141851

And another
View attachment 141852

brutha, that sucks.

tyzippers said:

Before:

Aaaand after:

And another

Sorry man...tough day, but try your best to enjoy that Yuengling

Sorry to hear, definitely sucks. Good luck on getting it back on track.

NIZZLE said:
Well that sucks @ss so your saying you didn't know what kind of metal the brake drums we're made of? :confused:

Actually, I had no hand in the selection of test material. My boss did it all. He thought they were cast steel, but they turned out to be cast iron. (He figured it out after they melted at 2000F. Though I think there's more to it than that. They were being heated at a rate of 60F per minute. I think that's enough to destroy most metals.

Well, it is what it is. We just have to move forward and hope our contract isn't cancelled.

Another Yuengling.

rockymtnbrewer said:
Sorry man. Hope you have a good beer in hand now and everything is OK at work in the coming days. Good luck man

Billy-Klubb said:
brutha, that sucks.

BrewYoke said:
Sorry man...tough day, but try your best to enjoy that Yuengling

mcbaumannerb said:
Sorry to hear, definitely sucks. Good luck on getting it back on track.

Thanks for the sentiments doods. I'll be ok either way I think, but my boss, who's part owner of the company could be in a huge world of hurt if this thing goes sideways.

Thanks for the sentiments doods. I'll be ok either way I think, but my boss, who's part owner of the company could be in a huge world of hurt if this thing goes sideways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, that's a sh*^#@ day. Hope all goes well for you. But it sounds like yer boss might be..."about to enter a world of pain, Larry"

chef273b said:
Yeah man, that's a sh*^#@ day. Hope all goes well for you. But it sounds like yer boss might be..."about to enter a world of pain, Larry"

I really hope we can recover from this more for my sake. I gotta look out for #1, ya know?

Anyhoo, I got a bottle of Dragon's Milk (Pee) and ST Creme Brûlée. I might have to crack open the Dragon's milk next.

Finally cracked this open after it was in the back of the fridge for a couple months. Pretty tasty and it's going just nicely with these blue cheese bacon burgers on a hot night

ForumRunner_20130814_182840.png

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Peach Mango Skeeter Pee, trying to be a bit restrained the next couple nights as the brewery vacay starts on Friday!!

Passion Fruit Skeeter Pee next?

TCGoose said:
HB coconut porter. Three months in bottles, really starting to come into its own. Head retention is crap though.

Gonna bottle mine on Friday. Tastes good. But hoping for the best when I pour one out of a bottle in a month or two n

Back