What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong pic.. sorry

Conan simcoe Vienna

I used honey malt for the color and a touch of sweetness.

ForumRunner_20130813_210007.png

Oh wow. Thats quite a bit different from what I'm brewing. My grist is pretty simple: 13 lbs vienna. Maybe 3 oz crystal 60 or 3oz maltodextrin.

Vienna is an amazing base malt. The trick, it seems, is the yeast. Im trying the Dennys Fav just on a whim but I also plan on harvesting conan from the headys I have.

My goal is to make an amazing, full body, tasty, satisfying, jolly session beer. I haven't had a session that I would actually drink casually.

Im using the app on android right now. It's odd because I always hold the camera upright, and in my gallery it's alway upright, but after I upload it, sometimes it is, sometimes it isnt.

Same here. Amd sometimes it loads my pix 4x. ;-)

More peach mango Skeeter Pee. Kinda weird sitting outside in the middle of August and its 55°…………

ForumRunner_20130813_234139.jpg

Best part about having to move? Lessening some of my stockpile in the fridge one bottle at a time.

Holy fook btw. My palate doesn't even know what's happening to it with everything going in this. That 13% really hits too

ForumRunner_20130813_205042.png

Best part about having to move? Lessening some of my stockpile in the fridge one bottle at a time.

Holy fook btw. My palate doesn't even know what's happening to it with everything going in this. That 13% really hits too

I had one of those recently. Realllll nice. Gonna put one or two away for some age, and hopefully the 13% will mellow out a bit and let the pecans and rye pop out a little bit more.

My first time having these two. And my first time having either style. A dark saison that was good at first but got even better as it warmed, the funkyness and aroma improved every second.

And my first altbier ever. Not quite what i was expecting but still a pleasant experience. Very low carbonation with huge dark thick fruity flavor. Mostly prune flavor and the slightest detection of a salty flavor. The bartender said that they actually add a very slight amount into the brew.

Took the bottles home and am gonna grab se yeast dregs and see if i can propagate these strains and maybe use them
In a brew.

Cream of 3 crops.

image-3102664528.jpg

Not as clear as some of the ones I've seen on here, but still tastes o.k.

Not my favorite style, but I got work to do tonight, and its the lowest ABV I have in the house. ;)

dryboroughbrewing said:
having an IIPA (or two) and catching up on my Dexter.

Pretty good season so far. Just finished watching this weeks episode with some HB robust porter after some good craft brews at the bar.

Having a torpedo, finally! Got my 2 nephews here and out of the foster shelter (thank goodness), and off to bed. I'm working tomorrow, but after I get back, I'm taking a few days off so I can get them settled in. G'night guys, I'm exhausted!

Having a torpedo, finally! Got my 2 nephews here and out of the foster shelter (thank goodness), and off to bed. I'm working tomorrow, but after I get back, I'm taking a few days off so I can get them settled in. G'night guys, I'm exhausted!

that sounds like a hell of a good deal for y'all!

coffee.

I will be grabbing several if they have it. I know for sure they have Dark Heathen Triple Bock colab with Dragonsmead (13%) and Winter Wonder Lager (15%) so at least two of each.

Ahhhh just keep in mind the Eisbock is $30 a bottle and if I remember right that's for les than 8 oz's

Good God man! You're going to die a hoppy death drowning in NEBCO IPAs not a bad way to go.

At least I don't have to drive from Massachusetts or Rhode Island for a growler fill like some of the guys I talked to at NEBCO yesterday! Ridiculous! 15-min away for me. I wouldn't drive more than 1 hour for a growler of Gandhi, anyway. It's great beer, but c'mon.

At least I don't have to drive from Massachusetts or Rhode Island for a growler fill like some of the guys I talked to at NEBCO yesterday! Ridiculous! 15-min away for me. I wouldn't drive more than 1 hour for a growler of Gandhi, anyway. It's great beer, but c'mon.

dont forget that gandhi glass :D

Ahhhh just keep in mind the Eisbock is $30 a bottle and if I remember right that's for les than 8 oz's

Yeah but it would be nice to try it and be good trade ammo. But from all the current lists I've seen (last one came out Sunday) its not available right now.

Channel66 said:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=426372

Care to bite? I've been following the thread for awhile biting my tongue.

The last few pages are all misinformation and misunderstanding sour beer and the process of brewing them

No thanks. Can't fix stupid any more than you can win an argument on the Internet. I made the mistake of being skeptical in the 'award winning extract Lambic' thread. A ****storm of lahey-esque proportion ensued. It's like saying you make award winning cheese with milk powder - obviously not an award worth winning!

No thanks. Can't fix stupid any more than you can win an argument on the Internet. I made the mistake of being skeptical in the 'award winning extract Lambic' thread. A ****storm of lahey-esque proportion ensued. It's like saying you make award winning cheese with milk powder - obviously not an award worth winning!

Haha. That's why I've just been watching the thread and didn't chime in past me pointing out to the OP that he wouldn't be able to replicate that beer as a noob. I love watching people be stupid though

I could do a lambic that's AE...afterall,I have been described in the past as "some kind of wizard". I can brew burtons out of extract,so wtf?! I just need a FV that can be dedicated to sours & such...:ban: And how the hell does he keep that wheat beer in a sideways glass? I can't even wizard that one!...:drunk:

Back