What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am i the only schmuck who still uses an IC? Thinkin about investing in the plate chiller and pump. Will cost $$ up front but will save water and time in the long run.

I use one that I made from spare copper from my dishwasher. I'm thinking I also need an upgrade. It took 45 minutes to chill 6 Gallons last night down to 75. Granted my tap water isn't cold....

Oh and here's the list from last night. A buddy and I split the bill.

HB razweizen
HB ipa
HB chocolate stout
HB bock
HB eds apfelwein
Paulaner Salvator
Sierra Nevada Torpedo (left over from Ipa day)

Brewed NB AG Bavarian Hefeweizen

More café.

image-719150472.jpg

TangoHotel said:
I use one that I made from spare copper from my dishwasher. I'm thinking I also need an upgrade. It took 45 minutes to chill 6 Gallons last night down to 75. Granted my tap water isn't cold....

Oh and here's the list from last night. A buddy and I split the bill.

HB razweizen
HB ipa
HB chocolate stout
HB bock
HB eds apfelwein
Paulaner Salvator
Sierra Nevada Torpedo (left over from Ipa day)

Brewed NB AG Bavarian Hefeweizen

I use an IC as well. Takes 8-10 min to cool down my wort to 80. Water here is cold as hell (well water).

Lucky! My IC is rediculously undersized though. Is only from 10 feet of copper. I really need to make a new one but it's hard to pull that trigger right now. Coupled with warm tap, it makes for a long brew day.

Being an idiot, I also didn't pick up any ice for an ice bath. I'll have to make a new IC soon.

sccullen33 said:
Coffee. Getting prepped for along day at Ommegang Bctc

Sweet! That should be a fun day.

I'm on the water. Have some good beer planned today, too. :)

More coffee getting ready to go look at a 96 BMW convertible 328i ladie says I can have it just pay the title transfer so it must be in bad shape I'm guessing.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Your talking about coffee right? ......sigh......

Some really crappy coffee. Literally. :D
I've actually never had the cat poo coffee.

NIZZLE said:
I recommend you try it plus if you never had coffee made from a chemex coffee maker you are missing out

I need to upgrade to the chemex from my press.

Vacuum brewed pitch black Columbian. While I get ready to go to a stupid wedding for 2 people I don't even like. Cash bar, wanna take bets that Sam Adams is 6 bucks a bottle and the best they have?

NIZZLE said:
I recommend you try it plus if you never had coffee made from a chemex coffee maker you are missing out

I'm sure there's somewhere in Houston I can find it. Maybe they'll let me buy just an ounce of poop, I mean beans, I mean poop so it doesn't break the bank. ;)

Never had coffee from a chemex.

I'm finally home from my trip. I blew the motor on one of my locomotives, and had to secure my train (well, my conductor did) 40 miles from my home terminal, then limp in with just 1 working locomotive. It was a very stressful trip, but thank God it's over.

Having a Prairie Rugby now. Old Pavilion Pils is on deck.

Vacuum brewed pitch black Columbian. While I get ready to go to a stupid wedding for 2 people I don't even like. Cash bar, wanna take bets that Sam Adams is 6 bucks a bottle and the best they have?

I too am on my way to a cash bar function. I will be fotunate to find anything other than BMC at any price. So yes I am jealous.

Latest posts

Back