What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ranger Creek OPA. Nice pale ale with just a little slickness from the oatmeal.

Back in Austin and staying through the weekend this time. Jester King here I come!

image-3885982149.jpg

Brewers Best IPA. After three weeks in the bottle, it's just beginning to carbonate. But I don't care, I'm drinking it anyway, because it's DELICIOUS!! :)

Wow. Having a party or just getting fancy drunk? Got to taste Cuir and Fruet, but not really my thing. I sure got fancy drunk that night!

I am attracted to waxed topped bottles :(.

my friends that are helping me move all of my heavy stuff are going to get all fancy drunk.

Excluding sour/wild options, what would you guys recommend instead?

For commercial offerings? Wlp568. It's a blend, gives the spicy earthy flavor I like in a non sour saison. It also can dry out the saison properly without needing a full ramp up in temperature or a second pitch.

Taking in the hydro sample of my Vanilla Porter that has been in primary for two weeks. Hydro says......stuck ferm. Damn. 1.038 is a little high. It's a nice sweetness, but not what I was going for. I' thinking I may get another vial of Burton Ale yeast and pitch a starter to see if that'll kick start it. I believe pitching a vial with no starter really shocked my little friends. I also think the yeast was old and the viability was crap. Hope another inoculation cures this quandary.

Have you tried to tell me 3711 doesn't suck and I've forgotten already?

He can try all he wants. It sucks.

Excluding sour/wild options, what would you guys recommend instead?

I prefer the blended cake I had from my split (WLP565 & WY3711), barring that, the flavor profile of the 565, IMO, was far superior to the 3711. but the 3711 isn't (again, IMO) completely horrible.

Taking in the hydro sample of my Vanilla Porter that has been in primary for two weeks. Hydro says......stuck ferm. Damn. 1.038 is a little high. It's a nice sweetness, but not what I was going for. I' thinking I may get another vial of Burton Ale yeast and pitch a starter to see if that'll kick start it. I believe pitching a vial with no starter really shocked my little friends. I also think the yeast was old and the viability was crap. Hope another inoculation cures this quandary.

have you "walked" the carboy?

FermentNEthinG said:
Clear room in that fridge brother!

Oh don't you worry. I have another fridge like it and a 10 cf keezer. But, it wouldn't hurt to drink a few beers to make room. :D

WooHoo!!!
I just passed 1000 likes on my posts here! I guess you guys do like me, for some reason. ;)
Who wants to help me get to 2000?!?!?! :D

And now drinking one my faves.

image-1836278661.jpg

I bought a bomber of Rogue VooDoo Bacon Maple ale that I'm excited to try.
Other than that I'm finishing off my Citra Blonde ale clone from Widmer Bros.

Boulevard ZON. Pretty mild Belgian Wit. Could see it being nice on a hot afternoon, but not really what I'm in the mood for now.

image-854541068.jpg

What was the O.G.? Maybe transferring to a secondary will "wake" them up, but I'd plan on getting some more yeast - that seems way high.

I got it for the shock value and to say I've tried it, really. I've heard everything from I absolutely love it, to I dumped it down the drain.

This is wrong - beer is serious business. Serious. Business. ;)

Edit: Just because I like bacon and I love maple syrup on my waffle doesn't mean I want all that in my beer. If that were the case I'd like garlic & brat ale ... oh wait - maybe that wasn't the best example. Or arrabbiata ... love that sauce but somehow arrabbiata ale doesn't sound good to me.

On topic - finishing up my dubbel and feeling relaxed as I get back to work :(

NIZZLE said:
Ahhhhhh say what? :confused:

I think he means he got it just to say he tried it. Same reason I'm going to buy a bottle of IC Light just to say I've had it. I mean, how can you be from Pittsburgh and not have had IC Light?

mcbaumannerb said:
What was the O.G.? Maybe transferring to a secondary will "wake" them up, but I'd plan on getting some more yeast - that seems way high.

Oh, it is way high! It's finished at 1.012 the last two times I brewed it. Though I used a starter the lady two times. I got lazy this time. It only started at 1.069.

Brewmex41 said:
I got it for the shock value and to say I've tried it, really. I've heard everything from I absolutely love it, to I dumped it down the drain.

I did the same thing. I thought it tasted eerily similar to dip spit. To each their own though.

WesleyS said:
WooHoo!!!
I just passed 1000 likes on my posts here! I guess you guys do like me, for some reason. ;)
Who wants to help me get to 2000?!?!?! :D

And now drinking one my faves.

What!!!! Only one like for this post! Are you kidding me? How am I going to get to 2000 with one like?! Forget you guys, I'm leaving and I'm never coming back! I'm going to start my own forum where everyone likes all my posts and none of you are invited! None of you!!!
:p

What!!!! Only one like for this post! Are you kidding me? How am I going to get to 2000 with one like?! Forget you guys, I'm leaving and I'm never coming back! I'm going to start my own forum where everyone likes all my posts and none of you are invited! None of you!!!

I did my part

Finally you are going to leave... :p

Latest posts

Back