What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Procrastinating from studying for my pathology midterm by designing my to-be-built Arduino-controlled mash system. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Racked my 20% barleywine into a glass secondary for another month or 2 of bulk aging.

Making chicken pot pie soup. Most likely. Plus a bunch of stuff around the house.

Just finished BREWING ! :ban: lol I know, I know, could not resist !

Cheers :mug:

Me too. Didn't even realize that 5/4 was national brew day so I HAD to brew something! Bottled my nut brown on 5/3 and brewed a sMasH the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Heading to Guangzhou for a couple days, with a consulate visit on Monday so my wife can apply for her US tourist visa and I can pick up my renewed passport.

Might try to get a brew day in tonight or tomorrow night, though - I've got a bit over a pound of homemade candi syrup for a caramel amber ale that I want to get started.

My Irish red will be in primary two weeks this Sunday,so I'll be taking my first FG sample of it. The ESB looks like it may already be done or close to it by then. Here's hoping I can get'em bottled in time for Memorial day...:mug:

Rocket City Brewfest! Attending tonight and volunteering tomorrow. Reminds me...I need to make a pretzel necklace.

I'll be attempting to gather more bottles because mine are disappearing since I give gifts in the shape of six packs lol

Not brewing but installed the drip irrigation system and the sun shade netting to keep the burning sun off of the young plants. I used a soaker hose run down among all of the holes so they all get the same amount of water and I let it run for a couple of hours already. The sun shade cloth is 70% so it should keep the plants nicely cool and the direct Fla sun off of the crop. So it was definitely brewing related...

Wheelchair Bob

Cleaned house, transferred 5 gallons of wheat to 2nd, processed 6lbs of cherries and about to transfer 5 gallons of New Belgian Wisconsin Red on top of the juice and pulp. Then I'll be scrubbing two carboys, re-cleaning the kitchen and prepare to start some supper, which I will mess up the kitchen again and re-clean after supper. Ton of other chores I need to be doing. It's raining outside, so thankfully I have been pardoned of yard chores today.

Well,it took since 8:30AM,but the '99 Mustang GT is at her new home in our driveway. 4th one for me,first one for my middle son. 4.6L 5 spd,with traction control,the usual power options as well as power seats...all for 2K! :ban::mug::ban::rockin:

Raking pine needles and leaves. Man it sucks to have 3/4 of lawn and massive old white pines dropping needles. It takes 2 solid day of raking as long as i don't drink too much.

well here in seattle its beer week so the smwbo and i are doing hoppy drinks on the tiny links. mini golf where they feed you bombers of beer from firestone, ninkasi, fremont, skagit river, diamond knot, and elysion brewery's. 10 buck for a round of 18 and all you can drink. lots of fun!

Bottled an APA kit.
The wife is in hospital due to pre-eclampsia. 33 weeks pregnant and they may have to bring the little nipper out early. Still a few weeks off hopefully.
She ain't getting out anytime soon but is in right place. Well looked after and safe.

So seeing as I am home alone I may brew during the week as the bubbling normally annoys her :)

Had my shed delivered....so now I can get all this $hit out of my garage...and make more room here for brewing! Also....son's baseball game, grass cutting, mothers day....etc......but it's all good.....cuz' next Saturday is my next brew day! (After my son's baseball game in morning)

I was mountain biking in Ellicottville NY for my bachelors party... drinking some homebrew. As a result, I need to replenish my supply. We had a little rain overnight Friday night, but it was gone by Saturday morning. If you haven't been to Ellicottville, I recommend checking it out sometime, its a beautiful ski down in Western NY.

I'd like to put in a selfish plug for my bike club WNYMBA (Western NY Mountain Bicycling Association). We are trying to get a flow trail built on Holiday Valley in Ellicottville. We are 1 of 4 finalists to received $33,000 from Bell helmets. It is done simply by popular vote. If you are a mountain biker, have any connections to the Northeast... or just want to see a fellow homebrewer win... I would greatly appreciate you submitting a vote for the Holiday Valley Flow Trail!

www.bellhelmets.com/bellbuilt

Cleaned up the yard and then made a Chianti today (technically not brewing).

Spent yesterday at a winery for a picnic with family for mom. Wine plus hot weather and direct sun = exhaustion. Not to mention the two nieces wearing everyone out. Good times.

What am I doing instead of brewing this weekend? The same thing I do every weekend I'm not brewing...

Try to take over the world!

What am I doing instead of brewing beer this weekend.....

Installing a sump pump !
Gotta keep the basement dry, that where all my stuff is !

anyone want to help ?

:mug:

Bottled an APA kit.
The wife is in hospital due to pre-eclampsia. 33 weeks pregnant and they may have to bring the little nipper out early. Still a few weeks off hopefully.
She ain't getting out anytime soon but is in right place. Well looked after and safe.

So seeing as I am home alone I may brew during the week as the bubbling normally annoys her :)

Sorry to quote myself, but a little brewer born tonight :D

Only 33 weeks but a 4 pound, 5 oz boy and I couldn't be prouder :)

A bit woozy but the wife is getting better by the hour. Well looked after

Little lad is gonna be in an incubator for a few weeks but best place for him for now

:mug:

Back