What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spackling, sanding, & painting.

This room is why if I ever buy another house, I'm spending a month painting every inch of the house before I move in. Because I thought, "Oh, I'll get to that room." Eleven years later, I'm finally getting to that room.

The room looks like it was used for playing darts by drunken idiots.

Oh, and I'm kind of wishing I could speed up the lagering process by 2 weeks.

Waiting for deployment to be over. Counting down the days until I can brew again.

Getting ready to head over for the end of a homebrew contest that I have 3 entries in. Wish me luck!

Making a test run on my new set up. Checking boil off rate and checking leaks...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392580989.451280.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Woohoo! Took a third place ribbon for my "Strong, Dark & Stoopid" Belgian Dark Strong Ale.

Thanks! Close, an old TV cart. I need to beef it up a bit as it's a bit wobbly.

Sent from my van, down by the river.

I need a wheeled cart of some kind to haul chilled wort,etc from the kitchen to the man cave/brewery anymore. Too heavy to carry. A cart sure would make it a lot easier at this point. but I love the kettle/burner combo. That's purty!...:mug:

I've been building this keezer. I'm finally grouting tonight. And then all I have to do is wire the temperature controller and the computer fans.

keezer 2.jpg

keezer.jpg

Having a birthday weekend which means 3 days of college baseball (Go Gamecocks!) and Korean cuisine... Also just purchased ingredients for a nut brown ale to brew in a couple of weeks. It goes on and on... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This is one of the problems of living in a canyon: the water pressure in the main in the street is +100psi. My 10 year old PRV blew out this week. Spent the afternoon replacing it.

And let me say, even though these new clamp connectors (shark bites) are expensive. They are freaking nice. No messing with solder, flux, or a torch.

image.jpg

Well, I'm finishing off a fantastic beercation in Michigan. Started on Thursday and hit Founders, Brewery Vivant, Perrin, Right Brain, Mackinaw, Tandem Ciders, Shorts, Brewery Terra Firma and a bunch of wineries. Norther Michigan is special.

Father, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Michigan Alumnus, Home Brewer

Throw down some grass seed and fertilizer, go to depot and buy a chainsaw and 1gal paint strainer bags for dry hopping my black IPA and Pliny clone...3 oz in one and 4oz in other is too much not to keep bagged...then catch up on last two episodes of Vikings w/ neighbor...While drinking beer.

I have Friday off, but we're expecting a blizzard here--up to a foot of snow on the way. I might use that time to finish up my fermentation chamber. It's supposed to get back up into the 40s Sat & Sun., so I might try to venture out. There's a new Total Wine that just opened not far away...I need to check that out. :)

This weekend I'm running 100 miles - hopefully it'll take me 24-6 hours. Then I'll have a beer!

http://www.umstead100.org/

Steve da sleeve

You're insane. I hurt my knee this week doing about three miles a day with liberal amounts of walking in between. When I read the ultra-marathon chapter of 'What I Talk About When I Talk About Running', I almost gave up in despair, and I think he only went 68 in his ultra...

This weekend - heading out to the wife's home village for the Tomb Sweeping holiday.

Ugggh, doing a sailboat delivery (2006 Hunter 31) with/for my brother from San Fransisco to Marina Del Rey, CA. Tried last weekend and just sat on a boat waiting for good weather. This weekend looks incredible though.

I have about 30 minutes sailing experience but our Skipper is a certified master so I feel good about it.

Back