What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking! Jus finished a little under 770 sqft of flooring

Not a homebrew but pretty good none the less!

image-2671983369.jpg

Working. Waiting for some plumbers, tinners, and electricians to do their work so I can clean up after them and go home. And it is a beautiful day in Chicago. Oh well, going to a friend's pool later and at least I will be drinking some home brew.

I will be drinking some beer while I mow the lawn. Actually, during breaks from mowing.

It was a long weekend for me... Took off from work Thursday and Friday and spent Thursday night at the jimmy buffet concert at jones beach. Friday we drove back to jersey and mostly recovered from Thursday night. Yesterday was all yard work... Weeding the garden, digging up potatoes, putting down landscape fabric and mulch on the side of my house, then mowed the lawn. This morning my dad delivered my new brutus system so we retested it for gas leaks and fired it up to make sure it survived the journey from Long Island. Gonna take it easy today and have some beers.

I am currently trying to figure that out over a cup of coffee this morning. Since my ingredients didn't arrive in time to brew this weekend, I'm trying to see what I could put in the smoker and have ready by dinner. It's going to be a beautiful day here in CT so there will be plenty of homebrewed amber ale to go around with whatever festivities arise.

Taking it easy and biking later. Have a mead in my main primary(actually its in secondary)its my main fermenter though. I have a few 1.5 gal jars. Bought some really awesome honey at a local Farmers market one was wildflower/Basswood-kinda tasted like mixed fruit candy. The other was bluberry/wildflower and yeah it tastes like rich bluberry nectar-they said it was there best ever-I agree Ive never had honey taste like these-Ive been missing out! This stuff is worth it. Hopefully I can make some nice small batches with them. This was supposibly the worst season for honey harvesting but at $4 a pound thats not too bad. But damn all that waiting with mead making.

Saturday: A day on the beach and dinner - with the wife.

Sunday: Golf. May bottle later, but no brewing this weekend.

Was busy last week getting new tires delivered & mounted,fixing exhaust,changing oil,etc. Then a mishap friday afyernoon & I now need a front bumper cover/hardware & a DS flip up headlight assembly. Damn. Cleaned & waxed it up anyway. Wheels & all. Just makes me sick...I was planning on getting mounts for my reclining racing buckets,now this. Been hot in the afternoon & chilly in the morning lately. Wanna brew up the two PM IPA's I have ingrdients for if it cools down some.

I have... err... cards. Yeah.. cards (totally not D&D) on Saturday and a birthday party to attend on Sunday. Fortunately, it's an extended weekend so I am planning on brewing my "Strong, Dark & Stoopid" Belgian Dark Strong on Monday.

Meh... We're in good company.... it's a forum full of pseudo (and some not-so-pseudo) chemists!

Did you win at D&D? I'm pretty sure my party is going to win tonight.

Giving my wife a break from our 4 & 5 year old girls today. They helped me with fixing the furnace blower and grocery shopping.

Tomorrow is my fantasy football draft.

Monday is smoking a pork butt and making smoked Mac & cheese. Made the BBQ sauce earlier today.

Going hiking in a Closed Water shed just because I can. LOL Damm City owns the land, takes no surface water and still they want no one in the valley. Screw them, catch me if you can. LOL:D

Smoking some chicken with Shred's Magic Rub for my buddy's birthday/Labor Day party. It's starting to smell awesome here!

iy4N2Yv.jpg

Just came back from the beach.

Tomorrow it will be the neighbor's pool and maybe pull out the fry daddy and make some homemade, fried whole belly clams. Those will go down nice with my British Mild on tap. Happy Labor Day:mug:

Latest posts

Back