What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantasy draft, cut some kind down from the tree in our back yard and sectioned them off to 18 inches in preparation for a fire pit I'm building next weekend, going to a party tonight. Oh, and I bottled my honey saison yesterday, too.

Gonna dig up the potatoes from our allotment, the start of summer was a loss, but it's getting better, been having fresh green beans for weeks now and the freezer is filling up with herbs and kale for winter.

I did the annual fundraiser run for our local Children's Hospital with a group of friends. It's an 8K run followed by the best part: Years ago, we learned that traffic is a nightmare immediately after the event, so we started doing a tailgate/picnic after while we waited for traffic to die down, so that was our morning/afternoon.

Yesterday I pulled weeds in the rain, drank beer. I put 30 pounds of green chile into freezer baggies, drank beer. Watched football, drank beer. Cooked dinner, drank beer. Watched more football, drank beer. Woke up this morning, didn't drink beer.

Pounding plaster off 200 year old walls then shoveling it into 20 heavy duty garbage bags for disposal. Next is insulation (guess they didn't have DowCorning 200 years ago) then sheetrock, then taping, then installing new fireplace mantle, then painting. Hey, I'm practically done! :(

Going to scout the unit that my dad and I drew for elk this year. Only 10 tags and we drew two. From what we've been told, the last two state records came from this unit. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to not be brewing this weekend...only time of the year I don't have brewing on the mind!

Pounding plaster off 200 year old walls then shoveling it into 20 heavy duty garbage bags for disposal. Next is insulation (guess they didn't have DowCorning 200 years ago) then sheetrock, then taping, then installing new fireplace mantle, then painting. Hey, I'm practically done! :(

Save yourself some heartache. Put the bags in a 5 gallon buckets, fill only halfway, carry bucket to curb (dumpster, wheely bin, whatever) remove bag from bucket, rinse repeat. It actually is easier with TWO buckets and a 2" x 4" with a 3" screw on each end...you basically turn yourself into and ox but it really saves the shoulders.

When insulating those walls, depending on your climate, MUCH easier to use unfaced bats because of all the let in bracing and non-standard bay widths. Just use a continuous vapor barrier over the studs...again, depending on your climate and the exterior covering.

Do not envy you. I have done enough of this to dread ever buying another house (current one is basically done on the interior...finally). I am building new and building right on the next one.

Save yourself some heartache. Put the bags in a 5 gallon buckets, fill only halfway, carry bucket to curb (dumpster, wheely bine, whatever) remove bag from bucket, rinse repeat. It actually is easier with TWO buckets and a 2" x 4" with a 3" screw on each end...you basically turn yourself into and ox but it really saves the shoulders.

When insulating those walls, depending on your climate, MUCH easier to us unfaced bats because of all the let in bracing and non-standard bay widths. Just us a continuous vapor barrier over the studs...again, depending on your climate and the exterior covering.

Do not envy you. I have done enough of this to dread ever buying another house (current one is basically done on the interior...finally). I am building new and building right on the next one.

Still better than sanding drywall mud...

And, I'm brewing beer this weekend! My local club is putting on a Demonstration at the Cadillac Craft Beer Festival on Saturday. The finalists of the homebrew competition will be serving their second round beers to the public, PUMPKIN style beers. Our club will be showing BIAB and Extract brewing at least.

I've had a week or two of not brewing due to fixing cars and things. I'll be looking forward to it!

I needed the hours, so I approved time off for my staff that requested it, now I'm coming in to cover for them.

So I'm working this weekend.

Finalizing both LeMons cars for the October race. Final loading of the trailer (less the coolers) including the important things like the console TV, sectional made of old minivan seats, etc.

Helping another friend prep her house to go on the market.

Trying to find time to sleep.

We rented a cabin in the Sacramento Mountains, gonna rest and relax, do a little rock collecting, and drink beer. After a week of rain we'll be able to build a nice fire in the firepit without worrying about burning the state down.

Inspecting oil production wells in Oklahoma. Should be done by Monday and then I'll take Tuesday off and keep my son home from daycare since I haven't seen him in a week and a half.

Saturday going to LI to visit my mom for her bday. Then Sunday morning going surf fishing with my brother. Then in the afternoon back to Jersey and going to hit up captain Lawrence for my bday celebration.

My girlfriend and I are spending time with her family this weekend. Her sister's and brother-in-law's birthdays are about the same time and so we're celebrating by going to the Folsom Live event. Should be fun.

But Monday....Monday will be brew day...

I am now waiting for a beer-trade to come in! Got a Pliny & a Supplication on the way, traded 3 HBs for them!

I have only had 3 sours before now, but Supplication seems to be one of the best, so I am sure I will enjoy it... right?

:)

Throwing a small party tomorrow. In-laws coming in on Sunday. So I'll be prepping, entertaining, drinking, cleaning up, sleeping it off, and picking up the wife's 'rents. Should be a nice weekend as long as the weather holds.

Flew to France, sight saw, then walked the Camino de Santiago for a few days, then spent a couple days wandering around towns in Spain before finally returning home to come back to work. I need another vacation.

Racing both of these...No pictures of the new theme on the Saturn so an old pic has to do:

10421954_954004121337659_1131430200170055954_n.jpg

10550981_711352695602804_4352392841063837288_n.jpg

Went to a local beer festival this past Saturday, sampled a lot of new brews. It's not brewing (just a lot of drinking), so it totally counts.

Got the peppa sauce made. Hopefully the English bitter will clear up by the weekend so I can bottle 5 gallons & make malt vinegar outta one. IIPA should be ready for a first FG soon.

Back