What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tryin' to fix this friggin computer after a dumb mistake. And that darn "ping pingpingping ping ping" is startin' to bug me.

Hmmm. Fresh Hopped. Not anymore

On Topic: I brewed this weekend. Irish Red

EDIT: I suppose this isn't really on topic but to hell with it.

Drywall work for the remodel, then a bonfire out back with some homebrew. Have to go into work on Saturday (and do more drywall work at the house) but I'm hoping to fit in some time to put together a box for my new STC-1000+ that just showed up in the mail. Score.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, I get to make one working string of UPS batteries out of three. That's in an hour, and I expect it to take the whole morning to do. I MIGHT be able to squeeze in a kit brew this afternoon, but with the general disarray of my basement, that is unlikely.

Pouring beer at the local chili cook-off/historical society fundraiser. Scored free beer from our local brewery (thank you Half Full!).

We're pouring 7 different types of beer, on gas through jockey boxes (no pumping here) and have unofficially awarded ourselves the most variety of beer poured at a chili-cookoff in the Northeast.

Spending today with visiting family (with three kids and a puppy, so it genuinely is a lot of fun) and then back to the salt mines tomorrow.

Goin to a punkin chunkin. A buddy built a trebuchet and we launch gourds. Big party, huge bonfire, plenty of homebrew, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cleaning the house top to bottom and setting up decorations for a large Halloween party next week. Think "Scream House" and you get the idea...

I'm jealous, would love to go to one of those events but I've never found any around here. Instead I get to work on the new heating system for my house

Edit: not sure why it didn't quote brewbama about punkin chunkin but oh well

Took the family, the mother-in-law and a friend to the Uptown Charlotte NC BBQ championship/festival, then a stop over at the Noda Tap Room for a growler fill and a cold pint, finally a stop at Amelies french bakery for pumpkin cream cake muffin and some chocolate eclairs.

Was an awesome day.
:tank:

Bottled a Pumpkin Ale and have chosen the recipe to brew next weekend. I need to get another fermenter so I can have more than one batch going at a time.

Long weekend with the family on the beach,stuffing ourselves with seafood in Hua Hin

Painting and getting ready for the last weekend of deer season/start of elk season. Havent brewed since July...I need to change that soon.

Finally got done with fall cleaning in the man cave/brewery for the time being. Will be meeting another HBT'r soon in the brewery. Got home brews in the fridge...:mug:

Purchased the ingredients for my next two brews, a partigyle of a Russian Imperial Stout. Now I'm trying to plan the brew day (10/25/14) as I work out the volumes needed to end with 5.5 gallons of each. There is a bit more complicated calculation than I have previously experienced. Got to do it properly as these brews are for two of my recently departed friends.

I feel like I done a good thing for the smeltz's after meeting them. About 2 batches of bottles, 12 pack boxes full, jugs, bubble wrap. They were very grateful & pleasant folks. I could use more visits from you folks with positive attitude like theirs. That was friggin' epic!

Putting a sink in my garage for brewing. ;)

Being sick and on the couch all day unfortunately...ugh.

Watching a grandson, finishing (maybe) the deck railing, hoping Bobby at Brew Hardware has a great answer to a question I emailed, cleaning up the yard a bit... There's more but who cares?

Today - volleyball tournament for my oldest

Tomorrow - start building the headboard for our bed. Converting an old fireplace mantle into one.

It's my moms 67th birthday tomorrow. So I'm going up to see her this afternoon.

It's also maple leaf city in my yard. So I've spent all morning mowing those suckers up. The two small trees have almost completely dropped. I'm still waiting on the big one to start.

Picked up a brake line & 2 new wheel cylinders for the back of the Probe. Originals will never let the bleeder screws loose. Gotta clean some bottles too.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414344448.139712.jpg. Built a simple gravity setup for my new all grain equipment coming in the mail. :) and transferred pumpkin stout from primary to secondary.

Instead of brewing this weekend, I took a gravity reading from my fermenter. This batch is my first time using Whirlfloc (never used Irish Moss either) and I was flabbergasted by how clear the sample was :)

...also flabbergasted by how ridiculously pale it was, for a recipe that started as a stout. Maybe I need to steep my roasted barley for longer.

Holding a club Learn To Homebrew Day event at a local craft brewer (Port City in Alexandria). Unfortunately we aren't going to be allowed to actually brew for it though.

Helping a friend document his things for his pending second divorce. Will brew tomorrow to make up for it.

Back