What are the smallest capable beer bottles you've seen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckarsanac

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking for 8oz bottles, but am not having any luck. Do they even make them? Got a website for them? Thanks!!

(If you must know, I have multiple things brewing in 1 gallon test batches, so I would like to divide it up in smaller amounts) :)

the thing i've been thinking of doing is the plastic bottles from pepsi, i think they are 8oz. Just get them, drink them and do that, but i do not drink much soda at all.. so that plan just doesn't work! lol. purchasing a quantity though... only thing i can find are smaller champagne bottles. but i lost the link :( i think it was 175ml

I had some Flying dog sampler packs tat had 7 oz bottles... I reuse those and make them my tasters to see when the batch is ready.... If you can find them corona has the coronitas which are 7 oz but it's clear glass

I have some European 11.2oz bottles (Leffe) but that's the smallest I have. I have seen 187ml champagne bottles once or twice. You might try checking with chain restaurants that sell champagne. They seem to be the only place (I've seen) that has them. I'm not sure if you could recap them with a standard capper or the larger bell.

Corona sells beer in coronita bottles, which are 7oz. They are clear, but definitely recapable.

Also you could try this: http://www.highgravitybrew.com/productcart/pc/Bottles-7-oz-187ml-Clear-218p2116.htm It is capable but pricey and also clear.

Little kings cream ale, comes in tiny bottles. I do not know if you can get them locally, they come in eight packs due to their small size. Not a great beer, but if you need the bottles.
l_1311884.jpg

I was going to say Rolling Rock ponies, but I just found out that they haven't made them since '05. Oh well, it's not like it's good beer anyway.

You beat me to the Little Kings one,GSB. I used to love little killers. Wish now I'd have saved all those bottles.

The shop I work at sells clear and green 187-ml Champagne bottles. Crosby & Baker (probably the most widely used wholesaler homebrew shops use) has clear 8-oz clear flasks, but they are *very* pricey. I also don't know if the flasks are rated for pressure (probably not).

Little kings cream ale, comes in tiny bottles. I do not know if you can get them locally, they come in eight packs due to their small size. Not a great beer, but if you need the bottles.
l_1311884.jpg

its better than some of the other things I've drank just to get the bottles ... a twelve pack of amber bock was the worst IMO ..

lol we used to buy cases of Little Kings in high school. They taste like ass but their cheep and at the time were semi-cool.

You could buy them and give them to some college kids, just make them promise to give the bottles back to you :)

Yeah, when I was using them they had threaded tops and they were a pain to cap reliably, but they were worth the effort.

Here in the North Dallas area, Walmart sells 8oz glass bottles of Coke and Dr. Pepper. I seem to remember that they aren't screw-top either. Of course the glass is clear if that bothers you.

Bud, But Light and BL Lime all come in 7 oz bottles. I just saw them at the liquor store about 20 minutes ago. Bud/Bud Light = brown, BL Lime = clear. I think it was like $4 for a sixer. I'd imagine they're twist-off, as well.

Malta Goya comes in cheap 7 oz bottles. I've even heard of people using them to make a starter. They are more or less unfermented wort as it is. You can get full cases of them pretty affordably most places.

maltaLarge.jpg

EDIT: Sorry bovineblitz, I didn't even see your post. In fact, I somehow failed to notice that there was even a second page to this thread!

l_1311884.jpg

I've got some of these in the fridge now that are pretty old. Probably worth dumping so I can use the little bottles to let people try the stout I just did. (a lot of my family are confused by the idea of a beer that has gasp! oatmeal!? chocolate!? are you insane!?)

Thanks everyone! I know we have the Malta here due to the large hispanic population. I'll get some of that. I've found the 7oz clear bottles, as well, online. I took me a little bit because I was searching for "8oz bottles". I'll use the clear bottles for my mead...

l_1311884.jpg

As a teenager that was my beer of choice :) we used to tear through those like crazy!

Nice link! They have the bigger bell/caps for the diff size Euro bottles too. I also like the 500ml PET bottles,they look more like an antique long neck or something. I wish cooper's used them.

Back