Weyermann German Malts 55 lb bags $15 each

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Gal

Reaction score
Trying to help some beer makers! ATTN: Beer makers, Weyermann German Caramunich, Carafoam, and Sauermalt malts, 55 lb bags, you know how expensive these grains are, several different varieties of beer grains to choose from, only $15 for a 55 lb. bag, let me know how many bags you want, on the SC/NC line 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.Contact me and you can bring a truck to get some bags! Hate to see all this grain not be made into beer!

Attachments

• graincarafoam.jpg
    graincarafoam.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 255
Trying to help some beer makers! ATTN: Beer makers, Weyermann German Caramunich, Carafoam, and Sauermalt malts, 55 lb bags, you know how expensive these grains are, several different varieties of beer grains to choose from, only $15 for a 55 lb. bag, let me know how many bags you want, on the SC/NC line 45 mins. from Myrtle Beach.Contact me and you can bring a truck to get some bags! Hate to see all this grain not be made into beer!
Great deal, but too far from OKC.

That is too bad that you are so far away. I have several pallets full so it really may be worth your trip!!!

I’m interested. I’m in Barbados until Sunday, but could potentially be available next weekend to pick up (from the fort mill area)

Where did you get those bags? Did you buy out a brewery?

Now 55 pounds of Carafoam or Sauermalz, even Caramunich, is quite a stockpile for homebrewers, unless one can split them among club members or so.

Any base malts?

I will check the dates tomorrow. Yes it came out of a major brewery. No I do not make beer so I know nothing about base malts. Yes I have a ranch and my animals eat the spent grain from the brewery. We have received the grain from the brewery before that were in date but they decided not to use a pallet of the grains to make a special kind of beer. Yes my chickens and ducks like the grains but now have too much for them to use up and I hate to see it go to waste. Number is 910.625.1871 if you want to set up a time to come get some.

Typical batch might use one pound of carafoam. Its a year past expiration. I wouldnt use it.
To each his own, but it's not necessarily bad or spoiled. Actual storage conditions are much more important to products' quality than sheer "best by" or exp. dates, which are a mere indication of age.

That said, I would certainly taste a sample before buying...
Yes my chickens and ducks like the grains but now have too much for them to use up
Do the chickens eat these raw, as is? CaraMunich and Carapils kernels are pretty darn hard. They would probably be easier digestible when pre-soaked in water for some time and become chewy before feeding. They can also be cooked into a porridge-like consistency. Milling them first will expedite the hydration process significantly.

We know they all love spent grain... These are much richer, much more nutritious.

When push comes to shove, I don't think these grains need to go to waste, they should be fine for chicken/animal feed for years to come. Just store them dry so they don't get moldy.

Yes when I had lots of chickens and ducks they ate them. I just thought someone would love them to make beer.

Back