Westvleteren XII Price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrappy_dingo

Reaction score
I saw a local Craigslist ad for 3 bottles of Westvleteren that was purchased at the brewery. He/she is asking $40 per bottle. I would love to try this, but $40 buys a lot of Rochefort 10.

To me, this sounds way overpriced, but I don't really have a point of reference. I get that it's a rare beer and is supposedly very good, but I am not willing to pay that much.

So, what would you be willing to pay or trade for a bottle of Westy? If I offered $20, would that be too much, too little?

Not worth $40. Its a delicious beer. $20 would be the limit if you were hell bent on trying it. Otherwise, rochefort is a fine substitute. After you pay the overpriced amount for a westy you will agree.

Try St Bernardus 12 instead of the Rochefort 10. Heck, try them both and compare, It will be cheaper than $40. If you truly want to try the Westy go to a international website and strike up a conversation with someone in Belgium, offer to trade some beers from the USA for Westy. It's how I got my case of of Westvleteren. I think when the X11 was released here it was $90 a 4 pack.

A four pack of St. Berny 12 is about 20 bucks at my bottle shop. I'd rather save the 20 bucks and be happy i got 4 times the amount of beer. Then again, i've had westy 12. If I hadn't, I would probably pay the $40 just to be able to try it.

You could always post an iso thread if you have something thats good trade bait. Or put together a nice box at belgium in a box and be happy you're getting beat over the head for shipping just to try world class beers. Good luck with your quest .

I agree with the others, it's worth a try but not at way over inflated prices. I also agree after you have had it you'll come to the conclusion it's way overhyped and Rochefort 10 and st. Bern are just as good if not better. Try and find some though for sure always good to knock a beer of the list.
I would say 30 is about as much as I'd spend considering there is a bottle shop near me that I can buy 750 ml bottles of really hard to find beers and a lot of them are 40 -50 dollar range.

On mybeercellar.com it was available this week @ 6 for $129.00
So slightly over $20 a bottle. If you are willing and able to fork out the money

Thanks for the responses. To be honest, I haven't tried St. Bernardus 12 or even Chimay blue. So for now, I think I will go find some of those (both available locally) before I go straight to the super rare quads.

And when I'm ready to find and drink some Westvleteren, It's good to know there are some options out there to obtain it.

Latest posts

Back