Weird rings in fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I just went to get a beer from my garage fridge and noticed under most of the bottles is a white ring that causing them to sorta stick. I had a huge mold issue when I got the fridge and scrubbed it all out once with heavy cleaner and second with bleach. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Its always cold, so I don't even know how yeast is growing in there if it is!?

Weird!

could be that the bleach effected the paint causing to powder and with condensation its collecting on under the bottles ?

Did you use and baking soda in there to help get the smell out?

could be that the bleach effected the paint causing to powder and with condensation its collecting on under the bottles ?

Did you use and baking soda in there to help get the smell out?

Well the shelves are glass, however it does seem to be at the area where condensation would form. I did wipe everything down with a heavy bleach solution and didn't rinse super well. Its around 37'F inside, and only where the ring is under the bottles. Wouldn't think it would be mold growth.

Going to re wash it this weekend but it sure is weird.

Latest posts

Back