Water chiller/cooler uses??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambchop

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a water cooler used to control the temps for a fermentation room?? Just brain storming. Maybe other uses. I was thinking a way to use the heat exchange coils for heat and the cooling coil to cool. Just find a way to balance it at certain temps

image-716981654.jpg

image-4118210440.jpg

As a room? no.. It's probably got the cooling capacity of one of the tiny cube dorm fridges, so it may work for a chamber. As for using both the heating and cooling coils, you'd have to reconfigure in between and keep separation between them to be effective

I thought about using one as a glycol chiller, but the BTU's are quite low with these so I scraped the idea. It might work a an immersion chiller for a fermenter though. You could put a water tank on it and a pump water out of the cold spigot through the Stainless coil in the fermenter and back in to the water tank on the chiller. You could set up a ranco ETC to run the pump dependent on the temp in your fermenter.

If your interested I'm going this rout for a glycol chiller

DIY Chiller from air dehumidifier

Latest posts

Back