Angled TC thermowell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgranger

Small Wave Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I looked around online but couldn't find exactly what I'm after. I have a Spike CF10, and the placement of the thermowell port makes it so that if my yield is slightly under 5 gallons, the thermowell sits right at the liquid line, making readings inconsistent, especially when cooling. Has anyone seen a TC thermowell that angles down into the wort a bit more? As long as it doesn't get in the way of the cooling coil in the center.

I know I could just make slightly larger batches, but sometimes things happen and it just is what it is.

I looked around online but couldn't find exactly what I'm after. I have a Spike CF10, and the placement of the thermowell port makes it so that if my yield is slightly under 5 gallons, the thermowell sits right at the liquid line, making readings inconsistent, especially when cooling. Has anyone seen a TC thermowell that angles down into the wort a bit more? As long as it doesn't get in the way of the cooling coil in the center.

I know I could just make slightly larger batches, but sometimes things happen and it just is what it is.
I don’t know about an angled thermowell but they do make long straight ones that are meant to be used vertically from the lid. Maybe you could calculate the distance to the 4 gallon liquid level and use one of those.

Back